Shadowrun: Equestria [15+ (18+?)] [OOC and Apply]

Warning! Although this RP is to have no Sexual/Excessive Violence/Other inappropriate things/Drugs, This rp concept still has some Mature elements. If you're uncomfortable with the heavy lack of friendship (mostly), tons of guns blazing, and tons of lawbreaking, and tons of other usual unsavoury content usual of an , retreat from this thread now. If you are also uncomfortable with me having absolute and final decision about the actions that occur in response to your actions, please also leave.

Equestria, Canterlot. 2075.

You walk by the bar as you do your daily rounds. Between the risk of getting mugged or geeked in broad daylight, and getting caught up in rain, your chances of lasting the harsh conditions of the neighbourhood lower each day. You lost your gun to some gangers running protection rackets. Your eyes shift in paranoia as you round the corner, more alert than even a cornered beast. You are prey, and underling of society, slightly above you is the predators, the gangs, the random strangers, and even further up, are the corporations. Superseding even local government and the Royal Court, their ground was extraterritorial, the laws of the city became irrelevant.

But those were the good days. Now, you're stuck in a dump, surrounded by the filth of society. Under normal circumstance, you would've been geeked, and faded into dust. But no, you are more than that. You are a survivor, you are a legend among commoners. Albit unsung and under-appreciated, you talent's are sought after by various employers, and your exploits are legend. As you finish reminiscing, you stand infront of a door, looking up at the sign. Coming to a familiar place lifts the spirits inside, as you enter and walk down the stairs, you're greeted by familiar faces. Though you ideas for "fighting the good fight" conflict, you all see friendly faces. For the time being of course. Most are motivated by the tons of bits. You nod your head and find your locker, entering a code into the keypad. It slides open and reveals a locker full of gear. Guns and assorted ammunition, a decent Commlink, a few odd bits and pieces too. You pick up a few of your things, and the Commlink, and turn it it, a message pops up in the corner, and you wave a hoof to open it. "Mr. Stallion has a job for you, you're late." You sigh as you hoof it back up top to join your client.

Welcome to the Canterlot sprawls, Chummer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowrun: Equestria is a roleplaying universe set in the context of the Shadowrun Universe. In the distant future where technology and magic meet, where in Equestria, good friendship becomes rare, as everypony is motivated by money. Giant Megacorporations now own more than Governments ever could. The Princesses are still there, but their power is naught to be seen anywhere, as their superiority has been overtaken by the combination of modern technology that has sprung up in the last fifty to sixty years.

Now, those unfortunate enough to be stuck on the streets face many dangers, such as gangs, random criminals, and Megacorporations. There are also anti-racial groups, and various creatures roaming free in the land. No one is safe, only safer. Megacorporation land requires you to be tracked with an embedded chip, and even then, you day job is just you slaving away at a desk job not even on minimal wage. Not a good prospect, since getting fired usually means you end up in the nearest gutter before being transferred to the morgue.

The Matrix was introduced in the face of a growing population, and quickly replaced magic-mail and conventional paper. Now Ponies use "Commlinks", devices with Augmented Reality (AR) to interact with the Matrix. And to go even further, they can "jack" (the process of interfacing with a data port directly) into Virutal Reality (VR) for full sensory experience. This of course came with dangers of unexpected memory loss, fried brains, and identity issues.

You are a Shadowrunner, a person who performs illegal or quasilegal ("technically" legal things) for clients and corporations, you live of money, and die by money. No matter how you got into the business, your job, is to get the work you're payed for done, and go home at the end of the day without another pony geeking you. You may be a Cyberhacker, refered to as a "Decker", for their tricked-out device called a Cyberdeck, which allows ease of hacking. You could be a street Samurai, a warrior with a code to follow as you do your grim deeds. You could be the Face of a group, a pony able to talk his or her way into places. You could even be a magician that casts magic.

In this universe, the magic already exists, so the technology was a long time coming, a growth spurt of technology occurred. Although the magical arts have improved over time, ponies who once had simple projectors, carts and picked Apples with their hooves now roam around in cars and working in boring and brightly lit offices, while others live in the low-lit underground, dealing all manners of decrepit things.

Extensive lore details (For the uninitiated into the Shadowrun Universe and for my, and your reference, and for those who need to understand my version of crossover Shadowrun universe) [WIP]

Corporations

Corporations are rated by their influence and power. This standard is set by the Court of Corporations, an organization led by a council of the most powerful AAA megacorporations to maintain order between themselves, and to punish those who openly strike against each other. They are categorized in to three tiers: A, AA, and AAA. A tier is the lowest level, held by most corporations. Though they are powerful in their own right and recognized by the organization, though can not stand against those higher. AA tier are the middle-tier Corporations that outclass the A tier, but can't compete with AAA. Some are capable of holding Extraterritorial status (On their turf, their laws override local laws), and some even have influence in other parts of Equestria. AAA tier are the best of the best, holding influence over Governments, and some have ties to the Princesses that allow them special perks. You do NOT want to mess with them. Ever

Known A level Corps:

Known AA level Corps:

SparkleTech: Devoted to the R&D of modern technology and magic, some people see this as the most accepting and generous of companies when it comes to employee treatment, but make no mistake. They are ruthless enough to send hired guns or Shadowrunners to assassinate you for leaking secrets. This in turn has them monopolizing the industry for R&D, as well as high-tech commercial gear and equipment, such as the revered Twilight Harmonius Cyberdeck.

Known AAA Tier Corps:

Armour Industries: The preferred brand of military and Corpsec soldiers, their guns can be seen used by almost everypony. And while not many can afford them, those that do love the added benefits they have over standard guns, such as an electronic bolt system, and inbuilt perks such as Smartgun systems and integrated accessories. They operate a subsidiary called Guardspony, a mercenary corporation that answers to them. Rumoured to be in good relations with SparkleTech, due to their combined R&D agreements.

Appleloosa & Co: One of the biggest Corporations, their influence over Equestria is enormous, due to the fact that they are one of the few producers of agricultural goods, and they are responsible for about 70% of food distribution throughout Equestria, effectively creating a monopoly. Although someponies might say that getting Apple-related products all the time gets a little boring for the taste buds, In order to expand their business, the corporation has begun to buyout smaller A and AA tier companies in order to widen their product selection.

Roleplayer details

You can play as the following races:

Earth Pony - The most common of the three metaponies (name given to collective pony race), they are strong and sturdy and big Though they come in many sizes and strengths, most are better suited for the hard-hitting jobs.

Pegasus - Second most common metapony, these ponies have wings that allowing to fly into the skies above (though not recommended for extended periods of time due to the pollution), their numbers have fallen in the past few years though, due to some going missing suddenly. Usually take stealthy roles or fast hitting roles such as Covert operations and adepts.

Unicorn - The only metapony capable of full magic use, they are often shunned by their breathearn, though not physically fast or strong, they are very intelligent, and most Unicorns are in high positions of importance. If you want to be a Magician, Technomancer, or Aspected Magician, you MUST be a Unicorn.

Diamond Dog - Big, dumb, crazy. Diamond dogs are the hard-hitters of the Equestrian society, living as the underdogs. Although most regard them as stupid, it's not true, most of the time :) . It's an alternate option for being an Earth pony if you want a little more heavy-hitting

Griffon - Majestic beasts of the sky, their lands were annexed in 2050s when Equestria underwent rapid expansion. They are a hardier but slower alternate to the Pegasus, but they can fly for a longer duration in smog-filled Equestria.

Changeling - Nopony knows how these creatures infiltrated Equestrian society, but they're not considered a metapony due to their unique origins. Rather, they are socially and ethnically shunned by society, never to get a SIN, work in a Corp, etc, they find life on the streets and sprawls. Although they have limited magical powers, their main focus of it is to shift into different forms. Anywhere there are tons of Earth Ponies, you can expect a hive community of Changelings too. They can only be a Aspected Magician, Mystic Adept or Adept. They cannot be Magicians in any way. Nb: No Matriarch/Queen. Regular Changelings only.

Forbidden Races: Dragons (In vanilla Shadowrun, their very presence is OP), Alicorns (I don't like them concepts, plus their is a heavily compromising way to become one), Seaponies (The costal area around Equestria has become too polluted, so they migrated out). Anything else that you wouldn't be able to play on standard WoE (Except for the races I list above)

Because of the various roles that opened up with the advent of the technological age, now even other species can hold and use limited levels of magic, while Unicorn powers have increase dramatically. Only Metaponies and Changlings can pursue any form of magic, Aspected Magician and Magician being restricted to only Unicorns, while Changelings and be everything but Magicians. But here are a list of common roles:

Street Samurai - Hard hitting, code abiding, super-trained, weapons master. I will allow them to start with two primary weapons and a sidearm.

Face - The pony with the words to charm. Not a lot of firepower. Starts with one gun, but has a list of contacts (only 2) (subject to my approval)

Covert Operator - Armed with a single gun, a sidearm. and a non-matrix related toolkit, the Shadows is literally where this archetype lives.

Decker - Smart guy with tons of digital tech in your team. One sidearm, and a Deck

Rigger - The "physical" version of the Decker, they control Drones. One sidearm, a RCC and one fully rigged and customized drones.

Technomancer - The Decker without a Deck, because his mind IS the Deck. Considered as weirdos and shunned for their strange abilities, Corps pay premium to do experiments on them. One sidearm

Magician/Apected Magician - Fully capable of magic, because they can do whatever they want with a wave of their horns. One sidearm and less than five magical goods to begin with. Those Aspected can only follow one line of magic.

Adept/Mystic Adept - Wannabe magicians that use magic to boost their physical abilities. Less than five magical goods and a "proper" Melee weapon (Eg. Sword, Hammer, Axe, etc) to begin with. Mystics lean more towards being like Magicians, but are still handicapped in a way. One sidearm and a few magical items.

These can be played around with to create combinations (In Shadowrun, your not fixed into a single roll, and it's dependent on your skills). However, I only ask that you at the most considering of options, that multirole characters should not excel at one role, but not as well as in their secondary role. Don't take three. I will ask for you to tone it down if I think the character's abilities will restrict another's level of involvement. And yes, First come, First serve.

You also get a gift pack from me, which includes:

- A Basic Commlink

- Extra clips (2) for your OWN weapons (Rigger gets one extra clip for drone is applicable)

- A Fake SIN and License of your choice (will explain later)

- One item of common rarity of your choice (if you can't decide, I'll just give you something when we get rolling)

- And a message leading you to your client's location (Roleplay stimuli)

Now, why inventory? Because I like to have some control at when you can and can't shoot, and the penalties for doing rash things, Yes, at times there's tons of shooty shooty, but you're supposed to be shadows. It's even in your jobs name. So I'll make some rp derpy things.

Ammo clip size:

8 for Pistols, heavy pistols, Shotguns and 6 for revolvers,

14 for machine pistols

30 for Assault rifles, SMGs

100 for HMGs

5 for Rifles (Sniper Rifles, hunting rifles, etc)

One for everything else.

Firing modes:

Single-Semi auto: Pretty much all guns.

Burst: Machine pistols, ARs, SMGs, HMGs

Full Auto: HMGs, SMGs, ARs

I know it's not realistic, but focusing on narrative and making it easier for those who have little knowledge of Shadowrun to join. If you have knowledge of Shadowrun things, feel free to flood your inventory with that kind of stuff, or play your char accordingly. Otherwise I'll assume you have a generic <weapon>, and one of the race choices, and one of the generic a roles.

Character Sheet! (AKA You application)

Name:

Age (okay to use numbers if narrative descriptor):

Race:

Physique:

Features (Eye colour and coat and all that stuff):

Archetype/Skills (a little description is nice, please be reasonable if mixing things up, Magic and Machines don't mix well in this universe):

Inventory:

Contacts: (Everyone starts with one, but an Face archetype gets two)

Misc: (Anything else missing or extra)

And finally, some ground rules and extras:

1. I am narrator, Game master(?), and NPC master. Unless you can find some very, very proper argument and back it up with substantial evidence, my ruling is absolute and final
  2. Becareful with what you write in Character sheet. I will assume many things from it, and base my responses off yours, and your skills.
  3. While injury is highly possible, and Death is a slight possibility, I will not go overboard with descriptors. You shouldn't either. You should also act your part when downed.
  4. I ask that you put effort into your roleplay please. As I mentioned in rule 2, I will respond according to your actions. At least a paragraph.
  5. You can NOT play a DRAGON. No exceptions.
  6. Forum rules remain in effect here. At worst during combat, things will be just flat out described when it comes to pain. Again, nothing overboard.
  7. Please follow a posting order. make ONE post everytime I do, so I can tell my tale of awesomeness.
  8. Watch your back
  9. Shoot straight
  10. Conserve your ammo
  11. And NEVER deal with a Dragon
  12. Have fun, chummers!

Any questions, characters and comments, please post below. GO!

True, it's not easy getting people when you advertise your game to be for an audience that understands the requirements to make do the crossover while still maintaining Shadowrun's identity, so I started to work on some of the lore, just so people know the level of ponification involved.