A trip to Canterlot (OPEN!)

Shinygear

"Ahh, modern art or contemporary art as some ponies call it." Chiselle flipped through the pages of her book, "This piece was created after Discord got loose from the Canterlot's Garden by a pony who was "inspired" by the event. He calls it, 'Chaos in Motion.'"

Shinygear trotted up to the piece, and grinned. "Seems like a fitting name." he said, as he looked on at the masterpiece. It appeared to be a replica of the original discord statue, and a very accurate one at that. "What I'd do to get my work put up in here...hey, you wouldn't happen to have any of YOUR art in here, would you?" Shiny asked.

The smile on her face disappeared at that question as her lips became firm. The small mare let out a sigh, "No, let's just say that the hoity toity Canterlot ponies who run places like this museum aren't exactly my biggest fans, or vice versa." Chiselle began to walk down to the next sculpture.

Chiselle stood still in silence for a moment, she closed her eyes and silently let out her breath, she then turned around and faced Shinygear. "It's okay. Let's just say that I don't exactly fit in with Canterlot's society and leave it at that, shall we? Why don't we switch it up a bit and see if we can catch a tour of Canterlot's Castle?"

"Alright." Shinygear said, as he began to trot towards the door to the museum. "I should never have said anything...I already know how snobbish ponies can be here..." he said to himself.

There was a line, of course there was a line. Canterlot's Castle is the most visited destination in Canterlot. Of course, to be fair Chiselle didn't exactly make it a habit to regularly visit the Castle. The last time she's been on a tour here was when she was on a field trip with her class. Of course, this was back when she was a filly, so it's been awhile. She looked back at Shinygear and let out an awkward smile, "Sorry about the line, looks like it's going to be awhile before we get into the castle and start the guided tour."

Shinygear just grinned. "No problem, waiting is something I do a lot of. My sister tends to make millions of things she wants to do that I end up getting roped into waiting for anyways." he chuckled.

Shinygear thought for a moment. "She has a cutie mark in woodcraft, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed by what she does. She's cheeky and impatient, but...well, she's family, we live together. She's alright."

Shinygear tapped his hoof upon his chin. "Hmm...you could say she does why do, but focuses more on wood as her primary material. As in, she makes stuff out of wood. Figurines, tools, she even made her own treehouse on her own in our backyard...that kind of stuff. What makes us more alike is that we LOOK alike. The big difference is she's blond, like my mother and less like my father."

"I've always wondered what it'd be like without a sister..." Shinygear said, wondering to himself. "My parents are the first ponies we see whenever we get back from our trips, and the fact that both of their children do what they love helps too."

A tour guide started walking down the line, "Okay everypony, listen up. We'll divide you up into groups of twenty ponies, and each group will go in 10 minutes after the last one. Group A has already begun the tour and now we're getting group B ready." The tour guide approached Chiselle and Shinygear. She pointed at Chiselle, "One...two..." and went down the line, counting off the ponies as she went.

"Well, look like we're in tour group B," Chiselle commented. "Do you have a camera ready in case you want to take pictures?"

Shiny nodded, as he pulled out a rather broken looking camera. "You bet your bucket I do." he responded, as he hung the device around his neck.

"I hope so!" Shiny said, grinning. "This IS going to be a new experience for me, really. I think I might've said this before, but I've never really explored Canterlot. I'm glad I have somepony to show me around." he said, chuckling a bit.

"...and twenty." The tour guides hoof came to rest on a young lime-green unicorn for a second before he continued on to tour group C. The unicorn in question was one Calliope Steammusic, builder and player of the eponymous musical instrument. She craned her neck, trying to get a good view of the doors. "Oh... I hope we get to see the throne-room... I haven't seen those windows for years!"