Quarantine (Open)

Monochrome

There is a strange plague spreading in Equestria. Everypony struck by this disease appears to be dead within a day of infection, but, unknown to the baffled doctors, the victims are actually in a state of suspended animation in which another form of themselves is floating around- they become ghosts of sorts, and they cannot return to their bodies until a cure is found. In a secluded mansion in the forest, there lives an odd stallion, a bit deranged, who had accidentally created the virus while experimenting, although nopony knew it. He himself has now become a victim of his accidental creation. His body lays motionless, head on his desk, a frenzy of scattered papers of work towards a cure in messy, toppled piles around him. He floated in the air for a moment, absorbing the shock of this moment. A victim. Technically dead. He shook it off, realizing what he had to do. As he couldn't pick up or use tangible objects as a "ghost", he needed to find an uninfected pony to help in his work towards finding the cure. He flew through the door and out to the nearest town square, looking around and not realizing that some ponies could see him.

"What the...?" the ghostly stallion murmured to himself. That pony couldn't be waving to him. No, couldn't be. But still... He hovered over and gave the stallion a good hard look. A muscular pegasus, who apparently was a blacksmith or something of the sort. "Eh heh heh... Hello?" the disease victim ventured unsurely. Upon closer inspection, Bronzeshine could now see that this was an odd-looking stallion. He was a golden yellow pegasus with a short, somewhat messy silver mane and tail, but his wings and his left hind leg were robotic. He had one torn ear and his eyes could not be seen through the cracked goggles he wore, nor could his cutie mark be seen through the tattered lab coat he wore.

"Eh heh, well it's a very odd and sort of long-ish story... I am a scientist. Rare indeed with all the use of magic, but existent nonetheless. So, I was experimenting with some different microorganisms, and I created something... A disease, which I'm surprised you haven't heard about, which puts the victim's body into a state of suspended animation and ejects their very essence as a ghostly form. As you can see, my accidental creation got to me while I was studying it and, since I had realized it was a virus, trying to formulate a cure just in case. It's spreading around like wildfire now." the partly-mechanical ghost pegasus explained.

" oh so your the cause of this. pony's are going into comas left and right. and it's your fault. as the outsider responsible for equestria I demand that we work together to solve this. " said bronzeshine a little ticked off at the scientist mistake.

"Hey, watch it, accidents are accidents. And... That's exactly why I'm in town, actually. Can't pick up tangible objects, and thus, I can't create the cure alone." the ghostly stallion said. "Oh, by the way, the name's Mechanical Madness. I suppose you could call me Mech for time-saving purposes. You are-?"

"Still working out the formula, but I can't mix anything myself. We'll have to head back to my lab." he said, gesturing for Bronzeshine to follow him. Once they had reached the secluded mansion and entered the lab, Bronzeshine was intrigued by all of the oddities there. "Eh heh, okay, so, we're going to need that work desk. Just find a cozy spot and move my body to it. And be careful with it! Once we find the cure, I'm going to need it." Mech said, floating above his body. "Oh, and watch the mechanical bits, there are some sharp parts on those, eh heh."

"Oh, mixing different beneficial bacteria. However, apparently their beneficial qualities didn't mix well, and a virus was created. Oh, you might want to wear a gas mask or something, lest you should catch it from my body." he responded, gesturing towards a rack of gas masks.

((....... Aren't Celestia and Luna technically the the guardians of Equestria? And honestly, maybe if he was a unicorn he might be able to have a magical anti-bacteria barrier, or if he had a unicorn companion with him, but he's a pegasus. Given, he can have immunity to some diseases, but not ALL diseases. :/ Sorry, I'm kinda picky.))

( no. what I meant is bronzeshine is an outsider. people who live outside of universes. that is how he visits multiple rp's. he has some magic and is immune to deses in the place he is guarding. he is there to protect equestria from things that aren't equestrian. if you want him to just be a regular Pegasus with magic vision. then just say the word. )

((Ah, okay. I understand a bit more now. However, if he's only immune to diseases from where he's from, he still has possible vulnerability to some Equestrian diseases. ))

"There are still some of the bacteria under my microscope. I can still observe them, but you'll have to make the proper adjustments to the lens when I tell you to so I can examine the virus." Mech replied, floating over to a microscope on the desk where his body had been. "Turn the little knob on the right a bit."

Mechanical Madness looked through the lens and nodded. "Hm. Complex, could be diluted, but not destroyed, with water and certain plant oils... Funny enough, poison joke may be part of the cure." he remarked.

"Well, the properties that create the negative effects of poison joke may be able to break down or weaken parts of the virus cells, but it needs something else to completely destroy them." he replied.

"Oh, yes, eh heh heh. In a lot of ways, really. But how to alter it.... I'm going to need you to get some poison joke. If you come across any stray victims along the way, advise them to either come back here with you or stick close to their bodies." Mech said, seeming to enjoy the prospect of toying with nature and changing it however he wanted.

Mechanical Madness took a final look through the microscope and followed after Bronzeshine. "Since I live out in this far forest, there should be some not too far off." Mech remarked.