The Temporary Elements

Monochrome

Monochrome fell in by Pyro, not quite wanting the zombie to crack again. She silently hoped he wasn't contagious, like so many zombie stories she had heard, although she was worried he may be, as she felt... Weird. The gash had a burning sensation to it as well.

The stallion shrunk back, crouching low and placing his front hooves on his head. He still was obviously struggling between two parts of himself. In addition to that, some of the corpses from the lower floors had begun to drag themselves up the stairs, judging by the sounds coming from the stairwell.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

//I apologize for not responding for a while....I just moved and just today I got the internet back up....can somepony please tell me what happened so far

((Well... They all got their Elements, then heard some mysterious music (this:

). The music hypnotized Monochrome, who lead them to an abandoned town in the middle of the woods (think Lavender Town from pokemon minus the people/pokemon). There was an old tower in the town, which Monochrome lead the group into. This tower was pretty much four floors of graveyard. They reached the top, where they found the source of the music, two white fillies playing a piano. However, when the fillies turned around, their faces were blurry and distorted, like a bad photo, and then they disappeared. Then, one of the dead proceeded to dig his way out of his grave, and spoke. He was furious, but you'd get a better idea of why he's mad if you skim over he last few posts than if I summarize it. He pulled a rope, which rang a bell, which woke up the rest of the dead ponies. Right now, our group is trying to calm him down and convince him not to destroy ponykind. Good enough description to get you caught up? :) ))

The stallion stood up again, pacing around with heavy footsteps. He rammed his head against a wall, producing a sickening crack. Luckily for him, he could apparently no longer feel pain, as his brittle old skull now had a large break visible on it.

The others had managed to reach the top of the stairs now. A horde of corpses, all in different states of decay but none looking freshly dead. Some were only partially rotten, like the struggling stallion who had awoken them, others with limbs missing, and some had even completely rotted away to only bone. They stared intently at the living ponies, which made sense to Monochrome because these poor corpses probably hadn't seen anything living in a long time. However, that didn't make it any less creepy to have dead eyes (and several eyeless sockets) focused on them. Monochrome shuddered a little.

Pyro stood with Monochrome, watching the stallion closely as he moved around and seemed to have an internal battle. Pyro could hear the corpses moving up the stairs behind him. He really hoped Winter could get through to this stallion. Otherwise, they would have to fight the entire undead force. He turned around as the other corpses made it to the top of the stairs and stared them down. He hoped none of them would attack.

Monochrome racked her brain for words to calm the stallion (from a safer distance this time), but found none, her thoughts becoming jumbled as she tried. The searing pain of the wound on her leg was distracting as well, which didn't help. So, she remained silent and watched. Suddenly, something else began appearing... Whispy grey figures, presumably the spirits who no longer had a physical body. These ones were more adventurous, presumably because they knew the living ponies couldn't do anything to them. A few floated around Pyro and Monochrome, examining them closely. One poked at Monochrome's wound with its hoof, sending a chill through Monochrome as it touched her. They whispered eerily to Monochrome and Pyro in turn, weaving a story of sorts, and they immediately knew who it must be about- "There once was a goodhearted stallion." "He was as loyal as anypony could be, especially to his marefriend." "But, these two grew ill with a terrible sickness..." "And perished of it." "However, the doctors were able to save the mare..." "But the stallion could not be rescued." "But, even after death, he remained true to his mare..." "He waited for the day they could be together again." "As time passed, the mare visited his grave less and less," "And soon had stopped coming altogether." "The stallion grew lonely," "and with each passing day, he became more bitter." "So, as the years went by, there was less and less of the stallion each day..." "Until he was gone."

The stallion collapsed in a crumpled heap on the floor again, his hooves on his head.

"Stop." he murmured, barely above a whisper.

Just like that, the slowly advancing dead came to a halt, and even the bodiless spirits ceased their prodding and whispering.

"Look, like i said please just calm down,,if you dont you wont be able to see whats happening, whats happening to that kind stallion? i can tell you where not like this that and if you dont calm down....well ill have to take drastic measures." she growls softly.

"But... Why... Should... We?" one of the horde questioned the stallion, seeming to be trying to figure out how to properly use his voice again.

All was silent for a few moments, except for the raspy sounds of the stallion's breathing... Wait, breathing? The group was sure that he wasn't breathing earlier, as he didn't seem to have a need to. This action made him, although a decaying corpse, seem a bit more alive in a way.

"My... Such persistence I haven't seen in a long while. So much that you keep trying when you've already won. Reminds me of somepony..." the stallion mumbled. "Did you not hear me, mare? I told them to stop. And now they question me. Not all are so simple to conquer... Many will still be setting out for their vengeance, any moment now..."

The horde whispered amongst themselves. This stallion had likely been their leader, stubbornly clinging to the hateful thoughts and vengeful planning for so many years that it was instilled in the others as well. They may even fight more stubbornly than the stallion had, and the group of living ponies definitely did not have time to break them down one by one.

(Sorry, I've been busy between other rps and other stuff irl. This honestly slipped my mind, but I don't want it to die either.)

Pyro watched the horde closely as ghosts floated around him and Monochrome, telling a story, seemingly about the dead stallion Winter had talked down. The leader was taken care of then, but it seemed some of the undead were going to act regardless. Pyro growled slightly before speaking. "If they're going to be attacking, we need to stop them. Let us out of this tower so we can get to them before they hurt anypony."

The stallion looked around.

"I-I shall go with you. What better security against the dead than the dead?" he said, glancing at his undead legion and giving a slight sigh. He then glanced at Monochrome, who was beginning to struggle to stay standing.

"And we'd better hurry along... She may not have much time left." the stallion added, moving forward.

Some of the cadavers stepped aside to make a path for him and the group. Others blocked his way or headed down the tower themselves to set their plot into motion. The stallion grappled with a few blocking the way, shoving them away in the end, then looked over his shoulder to make sure the others were following.

Pyro was a little worried about taking this dead stallion with them, but he seemed to have decided not to hurt the living. Wait, what did he mean she didn't have much time? What had he done to her?

Pyro followed closely behind the stallion as they exited the tower, having to wrestle other dead out of the way occasionally. He assisted the stallion move them by applying his magic to help push the other dead. After the stallion checked that the group was following, Pyro decided he might as well ask his question.

"What do you mean she doesn't have much time? What's wrong with her?" Pyro asked the stallion, referring to Monochromeas he spoke.

The stallion glanced regretfully at Monochrome, then back at Pyro.

"I have been dead for very long. A wound inflicted by one of the dead... Well, we have many parasites, germs of disease, and Celestia knows what else on our bodies, which can very well kill a pony upon entering the blood. She's already infected, I can see it in her eyes... She's dying. A slow process, thankfully, but a dire situation nonetheless." he said sorrowfully, glancing at Monochrome again.

Monochrome staggered along behind them, her eyes growing tired-looking. She had o flap her wings to keep herself standing, as her wounded leg would soon not be able to hold her up anymore. She appeared to be in pain.

Winter stops monochrome in place. "I might nit be a nurse or doctor pony but i know healing magic, not major but minor, it could help for a bit" she says hoping she was right. "So if you would please, lay down mono..."

The stallion had infected her? Pyro growled at that. He was useless when it came to healing, but he could certainly defend. Thankfully, it seemed Winter knew some healing magic. They didn't have time for Monochrome to lay down though. Between her dying and the risen dead going to attack the living, they had no time for a break, even though it would help with one of the problems. She needed a hospital, or at least somepony that knew enough about healing to help her, whichever they reached first.

Monochrome looked at Winter for a moment.

"We don't have time." she grunted. "I... Don't... Know..."

The stallion paused, then approached Monochrome. He heaved the poor mare up on his broad shoulders, then continued onwards, carrying her.

"Think you can do that magic if she's laying like this? So we can keep moving?" he asked Winter.

"Umm i can try" she focuses her magic on monochrome as her horn emits a faint green light, soon after a veil wraps around the wound slowly but surely starting to heal it. She grunts as she trys to keep it in tact

The stallion eventually just started carrying Monochrome, and Pyro stayed close, so he could protect them. Winter started using her medical magic, and Pyro watched the wound slowly close. He wondered how good Winter was with battle magic. Not that it was much of a problem if she didn't know much, he had it covered.

Monochrome sighed, relieved of the pain a bit as Winter used her magic. The wound was still there, but had decreased dramatically within a few minutes. Monochrome grunted and unfurled her wings to balance herself as the stallion fought off yet another corpse in their path. They had now managed to make it past two floors, two more to go.

Archived