The Temporary Elements

Monochrome

Monochrome nearly toppled off of the stallion's back in shock as... Something... Appeared in a burst of neon lights. She quickly clung the the stallion and regained her balance, accidentally scraping a bit of the stallion's festering flesh off of his back in the process.

"Sorry!" Monochrome apologized feebly.

"It's f-fine, I-I can't feel it." he replied slowly, more focused on the strange, loud being before them than his now slightly more exposed spine.

Monochrome winced as the pain returned, Winter getting distracted by the thing, making the spell waver then fade.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monochrome stared.

"And... Why are you here? Abandoned town, creepy cemetery full of zombies... Seems pretty shady." Monochrome remarked.

The dead stallion who carried her stared scrutinizingly at the griffon.

"You... You seem familiar. I'm long enough dead that my memory is surely full of holes, but... I know you from somewhere, griffon." he said ponderingly.

They were walking, more or less untroubled, except by the dead that got in the path and tried to stop them. He had nothing to say, but he kept casting worried glances at Monochrome. He wanted to make sure she was alright, but he had no way of doing so, not really. The walk was rather uneventful until a random pony appeared and neon lights began flashing. Monochrome almost fell off the dead stallion in surprise, but Pyro's only response was to stare at the pony. He had been around enough concerts and the like to not really be fazed by either the lights or the pony's personality. The lights cut out after Monochrome righted herself, and the mare asked for the pony's name. Pyro definitely didn't recognize the pony.

The griffon introduced itself as Crazy Griff. Nopony seemed to know what to make of the griffon.

The griffon turned into a pony before saying it was around a long time ago. Too long ago for this to be a normal pony, though that was established when it had changed species. What was this thing?

"What are you? You're obviously not a normal pony, if you are one at all." Pyro said, finally speaking up.

The dead stallion took a step back and grumbled something.

"E-eh? Nonsense, you, you-" he huffed, more loudly. "I died of sickness, not at the hooves of somepony else."

Monochrome gulped anxiously. That statement the thing had just said made her a WHOLE lot less willing to trust this... Shape-shifting thing. She desperately hoped he was joking, or in the least didn't intend to kill them.

The zombies didn't seem to be in a dancing mood as the thing proclaimed with more bursts of light. They sluggishly continued down the tower with an ominous harmony of moans.

The stallion holding Monochrome backed away from the thing in fear as it disintegrated a large portion of the horde. Monochrome trembled, her green eyes wide with fright. A sudden stab of pain interrupted- she was getting worse. She felt weaker, faint. She struggled to keep herself conscious.

The zombies gazed, mouths agape, at the ashes of their former companions scattered across the floor. A few began a half-hearted, nervous little dance.

Pyro was a little taken aback by the display of power from the thing as a large number of the dead disintegrated. He could do that too, probably, but not all of them in a moment. Monochrome was getting worse, he could tell. Pyro growled, fire springing up around him.

"We don't have time for this. In case you didn't notice, she's sick or something like that, and we need to get her someplace where she can be helped." He said, now glaring at the thing holding them up.

"I don't care if I can or can't hurt you, I won't let you hurt anypony, not when I can prevent the damage from being done." Pyro growled. He really didn't like this thing, and the circle of flames around him reflected his anger by growing taller, stopping when they were tall enough to be at the same level as the top of his legs.

Archived