Adventurers Needed

SlendyIsBehindYou

*As you are going about your everyday abilities, a letter slides under your door, and you can hear the sound of hooves clattering into the distance*

Hello everypony. I recently stumbled apon an old map, showing a large castle of some type hidden in the Everfree forest. I am currently trying to form a group to go investigate these ruins. Treasure possibly included.

-WindShear

A silver Pegasus fluttered about inside her home, gathering different art supplies. She tripped over a wrinkle in the rug, and landed with her nose in.... A letter? She brushed her long black mane out of her green eyes as she read the letter. However, before she could read the name of the author of the letter, a raven approached and tore that part off. "Ivan!" the pegasus scolded the large bird as he flew off to tuck the scrap of paper away in his nest. The pegasus slowly got up and opened her door a crack to look outside. Nopony stood out, really, until she noticed the one running off. "Hey!" she called to the mysterious pony, clumsily flying after him/her with the raven, returned from his nest, by her side. She knocked over a basket in a fruit cart and bumped somepony's toupee off of his head before reaching the stranger, but she eventually reached him/her, accidentally landing on him in a paint-splattered tangle.

*stumbles forwards as you land, wings flapping to stay balanced, but to no avail. I fall forward and land on my face*

Oof...

*rolls out from under you, offering you a hoof up*

Well thats one way to meet a pony...

((Will be a day or two before I can respond, internet is out at my house))

Moonbeam looked up from his studies and turned to the door, "That's odd," he thought. "Somepony ought to knock, if they hadn't been so loud running off I mightn't have realized until much later." Moonbeam got up, shut his book and trotted over to the letter. "What? My talents...needed? Well surely there isn't much I can do, the manipulation of light and particles isn't that much. Then again, I haven't been on a good adventure for quite some time." Moonbeam began gathering his items, a little food, some canteens, and a crystal. "Never thought I'd see you again old friend," he said as he slipped the crystal into one of the pockets in the bag.

With all his equipment set he went outside to find this "windshear" who so requested his help. Seeing somepony fallen in the distance Moonbeam decided to go and offer help before beginning his search.

((Yes, IcicleFlash, it is)) Monochrome gave a sheepish grin and accepted the other pony's help to get up. "I, uh, got your letter." Monochrome explained awkwardly. "Although I'm not exactly sure how my talent in art is going to help anything with all this ruins business." She adjusted her red fez and her blue and white striped scarf, which were knocked askew by the crash-landing. "I'm Monochrome. And you are....? Sorry, Ivan decided to steal that scrap of the note. Your name, I mean." she introduced herself, gesturing towards the large ebony bird that was now perched on her back when she mentioned 'Ivan'.

Icicle starts to trot over to his training room and gets distracted by a letter on one of his windows. "Huh?..."Icicle says.Icicle trots over to the letter and reads it. "You need my power,Eh?"He says."Thats probably where all the loud noise is coming from." icicle says to himself. ((i dont know what to do know,can you tell where to meet or something that i could do that would bring us together?)) :)

((Yes, IcicleFlash, it is)) Monochrome gave a sheepish grin and accepted the other pony's help to get up. "I, uh, got your letter." Monochrome explained awkwardly. "Although I'm not exactly sure how my talent in art is going to help anything with all this ruins business." She adjusted her red fez and her blue and white striped scarf, which were knocked askew by the crash-landing. "I'm Monochrome. And you are....? Sorry, Ivan decided to steal that scrap of the note. Your name, I mean." she introduced herself, gesturing towards the large ebony bird that was now perched on her back when she mentioned 'Ivan'.

*shakes your hoof*

Nice to meet you monochrome, my name is WindShear and i chose you, as well as the other ponies I invited on this "quest", so to speak, according to your individual skill sets. I'll explain when we all meet at sugar cube corner. Although come to think of it, I believe I may have neglected to add that tidbit of info in the letters... hmmm... do you think Ivan here could deliver some letters on where to meet to the other ponies for me?

"Oh, sure he can!" Monochrome said, turning to her bird. "He can talk too, but doesn't really know enough words to deliver your whole message, I think. Ivan, I need you to do some mail-delivering, okay?" she added, the first part directed at Windshear rather than Ivan. "Okay." the large bird croaked, looking expectantly at Windshear for the letters.

"Oh, sure he can!" Monochrome said, turning to her bird. "He can talk too, but doesn't really know enough words to deliver your whole message, I think. Ivan, I need you to do some mail-delivering, okay?" she added, the first part directed at Windshear rather than Ivan. "Okay." the large bird croaked, looking expectantly at Windshear for the letters.

*pulls aside spike, who was walking through the market to buy some supplies for Twilight Sparkle's studjes *

Hey buddy, I need you to take a letter for me. Several copies

*describes where to meet monochrome and I to spike, who writes it all down and then gives it to monochrome*

This was a surprise... being hit in the face by a piece of runaway paper, The mare pushes off her face and pins it to the ground with her hooves. Reading over the advertisement a smile spread over her face. Adventurer, that was right up her alley! Seeing a trail of wayward papers she collected each one she could and followed the trail, eventually bumping into Windshear as she tried to catch the last one.

"uh... whoops, I heard you were lookin' for adventurers, and also ya dropped these."She hoofed the bundle of papers to the stallion before her.

"My name is Moonbeam, Ancient Moonbeam," he bowed. "I am glad that you have chosen me to go on this adventure, and I hope to be of service." Moonbeam looked around at the other ponies nearby, "I'm glad to see we already have a small group together, it'll be easier that way." Moonbeam smiled, glad to finally be part of a group again, and glad to share an adventure with these ponies.

"Hi there." Monochrome greeted the newcomers to the group with a wave of a paint-splattered hoof. "So... To Sugarcube Corner, then?" she added. "I could use a snack anyways." She looked around, and surely enough, Ivan was returning. He landed squarely on Monochrome's back.

Monochrome could've flown like the others who had wings, but this time around she opted for walking, lest she should crash land in somepony's fruit stand or something. They soon reached their destination.