Pokemon Kanto [1 open]

(I was wondering if I could join. I have a great idea for a background story involving a poliwag and a river. If not, I understand, but maybe add (Closed) to the title or as a tag so other people don't get their hopes up. :) )

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spectrum watched eagerly as the professor demonstrated how to catch a pokemon by skillfully capturing a rattata, and then a filly with a charmander proceeded to interrupt by starting up a battle with a wild pidgey. Spectrum and Ivan watched the fight carefully, zealous to do it themselves. Thoughts and fantasies crowded Spectrum's mind as she glanced around the grassy field for any other wandering wild pokemon.

• 3 weeks later...

name: Skyzipper

starting pokemon: charmander

background:Skyzipper lived a peacful life in pallet town, always ditching class and hanging out with his friends. He has a joyfull atitude and never gives up, even during the hardest of times, he will try and keep the joyfull spirit of everyone up. He has always dreamed of becoming a pokemon trainer and owning tons of pokemon, though the one he wanted most was charmander.

Skyzipper woke up wondering what day it was, he looked at his clock to notice that it was 10 in the morning, Skyzipper still dident know what day it was until he looked at his PC and saw that today was the day he got his pokemon. He jumped up, paniked as he got dressed and bolted out the door and through pallet town to get to professor twilights lab before all the pokemon were gone, once at the door he knocked on the doors

"sorry im late professor twilight, i hope that im not the last one here" He shouted out as he entered the lab, noticing that the professor wasent home

"dammit, knew i shouldent have slept in, well i have to wait now"skyzipper said as he sat down and waited for the professor to come back to the lab

(Here I come :20:)

Name: Pinto

Appearance: A colt, smaller than most his age, with a cyan coat, a short green mane and tail, and dark blue eyes.

Personality: Determined, Kindhearted, and loyal.

Starting Pokemon: Poliwag

Background: Pinto is the youngest of three brothers, both of whom left to become Pokemon trainers. Wanting to follow in their footsteps, Pinto always tried to learn what he could about Pokemon. However, being so small and nerdy made most other kids pick on him. Poor Pinto had no friends, so every day after school he would go to the forest behind his house. In the forest there was a river. Where that river led, Pinto had no idea. He had never followed it very far. When he could, Pinto would do his homework by that river. He found the sound of the flowing water so calming. One day, some kids from school followed Pinto into the forest, without his knowing. They bullied Pinto, shoving him down and throwing his books in the river. Pinto went to the river's edge, but all he could do was watch his books float away. That's when he felt someone push him into the river. Pinto had never learned how to swim! He struggled to keep his head above water as the current rushed him down the river. He could hear something getting louder and louder as he was swept away. There was a waterfall ahead! Over the waterfall he went, getting pushed under the water at the bottom. Pinto could see his world fading, and the shape of a Poliwag swimming above him. Then, Pinto blacked out.

When he woke up, he was back at home in bed, his mother and father by his bedside. Upon seeing him awake, they hugged him, and told him all that had happened. Apparently, the bullies had run back to town and told everyone that he had fallen into the river, but not that they had pushed him in. A search party had been formed, and they had found him unconscious on the shore, just beneath the waterfall. He asked them about a Poliwag, but his parents told him Poliwag couldn't be found in that river and that it was impossible. His parents forbade him from going into the forest after that, but Pinto just couldn't stay away.

The next day, Pinto went to the river as usual, but this time he took a different route, one that led him to the waterfall. He sat down, and began his homework, keeping an eye out for a Poliwag, or any Pokemon for that matter. Pinto looked away from the water to open up his lunch pale, which contained a snack his mother had prepared for him. When he did, he could've sworn he heard splashing, but upon looking back at the water he saw nothing. Pinto decided to test something. He threw a small bit of his snack into the water. It sat there for about half a minute before being swallowed up by the water. Pinto did this a few more times, each time with the same result. Then, Pinto saw it. A Poliwag emerged from the water, just enough to look at Pinto.

(In the interest of tl;dr, I'll skip to the end)

Pinto revisited that waterfall every day after, and the two became great friends. When it was time for Pinto to begin his Pokemon journey, the Poliwag insisted it go along with him. Pinto decided to not nickname the Poliwag, and so the two began their adventure.

Pinto was running so late! He had turned off his alarm to get a couple more minutes of sleep before they had to leave, but he hadn't planned on him falling into such a deep sleep! "Come on Poliwag! We've got to hurry!" Pinto said, as the two hurried to reach the lab before everybody left, "If we don't get there, we'll miss the goodbye ceremony!" However, when they got to the lab they found the gate was locked. "Oh no! They're already gone!" Pinto cried in disbelief, "but maybe we can still catch up to them, if we hurry!" Pinto began to run down the path, but heard the sounds of battle coming from some nearby tall grass. "Do you suppose that's them?" Pinto asked his Poliwag. Poliwag gave off an unsure noise, which Pinto took for 'I don't know, maybe'. "I guess there's only one way to find out." And with that, Pinto and Poliwag entered the tall grass, to find that it was indeed the group of new trainers! "I can't believe you guys are still here!" Pinto said incredulously, "I thought maybe I'd missed you by a mile!"

"sure you can also here is some started stuff" said Golden Cookie giving the pokemon also a pokedex and five pokeballs "also there was suppose to be a kid name Pinto coming too i heard some skakeing of the gate i think he ran to Professor Twilight and the others can you give these to him for me" said Golden Cookie giving another Pokedex and 5 more pokeballs "they should be on route 1" said golden cookie point him in the dicration of it

Skyzipper grabbed the items and went to the door to see prof twilight coming back with the others(if i read it right)

"oh, hi professer, what did i miss?"Skyzipper asked prof twilight and the group that came back with her

"hi guys, im Skyzipper, who are yall?"skyzipper asked the group

((ok i waited long enogh if i wait any longer you guys might lost inters in it it is their lost i know they proply can't help it but lest's just contenue)) "no nothing really just teaching how to cach some pokemon now i am going to tell you two the same thing i told the last too before they left me while i was walking back too the lab" said profesor Twilight as they enter the lab ((sorry if you think i am god modding i am not going too)) "i see my assassint ive you your pokedex's it will recored any pokemon you caght or inconuter in your travels it will record more data if you caght them the just just bumping into them my dream is too get all the pokemon recorded but becuase of my duties here i don't have the time to do it myself" said professor Twilight ((sorry but i suck at spelling))

Archived