Carmella's Cup (Open!)

Derpyy

post-6916-0-45483000-1381430286_thumb.pn

It was another great day! Great day for work that is! The giddy tan unicorn bounced happily from table to table making sure that the chairs were in their right positions and what not. And once she finished among the tables she took a good look over by the front door.

The front entrance was directly in the middle of the wall with two windows right on its left and right. Upon entering the door one would first be greeted by the ever tantalizing smell of coffee beans and freshly baked goodies. Whether they be cookies or biscuits or whatever! And the ears would be flooded with the smooth sounds of sweet jazz chords and notes as they played just soft enough to be heard.

After you get past the smell one can see what is inside the cafe. The cafe is basically all wood with wooden floors and walls but with protection from fire where necessary.It is well lit with hanging lanterns and a lights as well. The lanterns are only on the tables that the customers can light for themselves if they choose to do so. The tables and chairs were both wood was well but the chairs had cushions for the ponies who wanted to sit in them. The tables were just big enough to hold enough stuff necessary for a good meal with easy space.

After getting past the tables and chairs it is a straight shot to the front desk where a window pane blocks a few goods that are freshly backed and ready to go. Only reachable by the mare behind the counter.

Such as donuts and biscuits and crumpets and cookies but most importantly...the Scones. Each category with different types of ways to bake them for the customer's choice.

And behind the counter is a register and all the things needed to make her baking easy. Such as a stove and two or three coffee makers and what not.

If one were to look directly left from the front of the counter one would see another room that had more chairs and tables in it. But this room had a small stage big enough for a band to play on. It had a mic on stage but everything else the band needed to bring themselves. This was the stage where Carmella wanted to have a permanent jazz band playing at all times. Right now all she had was the small record player playing some of her favorite tunes by the counter. Which was playing music always.

And that's basically the whole cafe. It was big enough to seat good sized groups but it was fairly new. It had white outside walls with accenting tan every here and there. Plus with a nice big cute sign that read, "Carmella's Cup".

The mare took a deep breath and slowly made her way to the front door. The small white sign on the door became trapped in a dark tan aura and then flipped over to read, "Open!" to all passing ponies. Carmella looked out the window and propped herself up against the window seal. She looked to the front of her store and thought it would be a good idea to have some tables and chairs outside the cafe in the front. But she would need bits...

So Carmella pushed off of the window seal and then made her way behind the counter. She looked up above at the menu as it listed all types of drinks from water to the most diverse type of cappuccino any would want. And the number of deserts and snacks and a few sandwich types. All fairly priced in her opinion.

The mare turned her head and pushed her long elegant mane out of her face and stood there waiting. For Carmella's Cup was now open for business!

Ah, the café. It wasn’t a restaurant. It wasn’t a quiet bench. It straddled the line between the peaceful and the social. Silver Platter still didn’t quite know what to make of it. Normally he would have just headed to the park but he felt a craving for something to drink before embarking on his journey through his new book, The Table Knife: A Straightforward History. It looked to be a delightful read for a free afternoon and he would be remiss to have it be without a little refreshment.

He barely noticed the place until it was right before him. It certainly wasn’t there days prior. Carmella’s Cup? It wasn't just a café, but a new café. He wondered if it was really worth a leap of faith. The service could be terrible. The food could be tear-inducing. The atmosphere could completely sap away the entire experience— so many possibilities of his afternoon being completely ruined.

The exterior of the place was inviting, at least, he had to give it that. He stared at it for a few seconds longer and nodded slightly. Perhaps it was worth a try. There were other afternoons if this one took a poor turn and besides, he was curious to know if he had come across a new, brilliant, entrepreneur. Those were always worth keeping tabs on.

He opened the door and took the plunge. To his satisfaction, he was not accosted with a gut-wrenching smell or a decorative theme that made his eyes bleed. In fact, the theme was rather cozy and well thought out, a feeling reinforced by the inviting smell that permeated the place.

Walking up to the counter, he took note of the lack of business. The place must have just opened. Good for him, less business meant better opportunities to enjoy his book. He decided on a good window seat before he reached the counter and took a look at the mare behind it. She didn’t have the appearance of a pony that had just gotten out of bed and she carried herself well. That boded nicely. Respectability in appearance was one of the pillars of good business.

Glancing at the menu and at the plethora of available baked goods underneath the glass, he realized that he didn’t quite know what he wanted. He looked up at the mare. “I’ll admit, I’m a bit undecided. What would you recommend?”

"Ugh my head," Heart Healer said as she slowly walked down the cobblestone streets of Canterlot. The Crystal Pony's normally shimmering form was a little dull looking as bags were around her eyes. The pony had come to Canterlot for the Gala and afterwards a little sightseeing being in the capital city for the first time. The Gala, however fun it was, did take a toll on the psychologist who wasn't used to big parties.

"I need something before I can see this city," she muttered. Just then a pleasing scent filled her nostrils making her follow the scent. She bumped into a few ponies on her way to find the source of that delicious odor until she stood before a coffee shop.

"Coffee," she groaned entering the shop, looking and acting like something from a horror novel than a pony as she approached the counter, her mind driven by the desire for that delicious drink to wake her up.

"Strongest coffee you have," she said not being to form complete sentences.

post-6916-0-45483000-1381430286_thumb.png

“I’ll admit, I’m a bit undecided. What would you recommend?"

Well alright! She had just opened up and already had a customer! The mare gave a warm smile to the stallion and giggled at his confusion on what to get. "Well that all depends on what you are in the mood for." She pointed her hoof to the many instruments used to make her drinks behind her. "Need to be woken up? I can make you a good brew of coffee to perk you up. Or if you're like me, then you can just have a cup of coffee for the taste. But! I can also make you a cappuccino with any twist of flavor you'd like! Or..twists that I have available here." She gave another set of giggles and then cleared her throat. "Or if you'd like just a glass of juice I have a few types you can order. I have sparkling water as well, Oh!" She then pointed her hoof to the glass window with the baked goods inside. "I have a wide variety of baked goods you can treat yourself to as well!"

Just before she was going to suggest another thing she noticed a mare trot in. She looked rather groggy as she approached the counter.

"Strongest coffee you have,"

Carmella actually waited awkwardly for the mare to finish her sentence..but she never did. So she gave her a nod and turned her back to the customers. Her horn lit up as she levitated a few ingredients over to her. She then opened up the pot filled with the fresh brew of coffee and she poured it in a medium sized cup. She put the pot away and took out a more than regular amount of sugar and poured it in the mix to give it that extra kick. She levitated a few more ingredients over to help give the mix that "Strong" sense the mare requested.

Once she was finished she turned back to the mare and placed the full cup on the counter and had that same warm smile as she looked at the mare. "There ya go! I added in a few extra things to give it that edge to help perk you up. You looked a bit groggy...did you stay up late last night or something?" She let out even more giggles and then turned to the stallion. "Whenever you are ready..Mister...I never got your name.." She then pointed her hoof to the mare. "Didn't get your name either."

The giggling, there was a lot of it, but Silver supposed that was a good thing. She was enthusiastic about her job. That was commendable. His hoof came to his chin as he gave careful thought to each of the options she presented. What was he in the mood for? A variation on the usual would suffice, as he wasn’t feeling particularly adventurous that morning, or indeed most mornings. He opened his mouth to give his order when he was interrupted by the hasty arrival of another customer. A rather rude arrival.

He turned to look at this new patron and raised an eyebrow. He had seen his share of crystal ponies since the Kingdom had been re-discovered, but he had never seen one quite so… disheveled. He really didn’t know what the mare was thinking leaving her home in such a state. Was her ability to prepare herself in the morning that impaired without strong coffee? He shook his head inwardly, perking his ears up as he was addressed.

"Whenever you are ready... Mister... I never got your name..."

“I’m Silver Platter, and I would like a medium roast coffee with a small pinch of sugar and a large amount of cream. Add some cinnamon to that too, if you would. Additionally, I would like two scones, please.”

Having finished his order, he couldn’t help but glance sidelong at the other customer. It would continue to irritate him if he didn’t just up and ask. He turned to her. Miss, would you like a comb?” He motioned to the pouch slung around him that held his book.

The pink Crystal Pony could tell that the owner of the shop and a stallion were staring at her rather awkwardly, but for the moment she didn't care. All that mattered was that heavenly brew that the unicorn was preparing. Not wasting the moment to take the cup back to a seat, Heart Healer took a sip of it, letting the warm bitter taste run down her throat. Slowly the mare started to wake up as the effects of the coffee began to take hold.

"Thanks," she said to the owner, "I needed that. Yeah, I was at a party last night. The Grand Galloping Gala I think it was called. Guess I'm not the party pony type. All I remember was leaving the party and then waking up in my hotel room. I don't know when I got in or how i got there."

It was then that the stallion offered her a comb to which the mare felt even more embarrassed as she accepted it and began to brush her mane back into some order.

"Thanks Silver Platter. Guess I look really bad, don't I? Oh my name is Heart Healer. I guess you can tell that I'm not from around here. I came in from the Crystal Empire to go to the Gala and to tour Canterlot. Oh, how much do I owe for the coffee?"

((OOC: I'd like to apologize for my lack of posting. I had a few gigs to play over the weekend. And then on Monday..classes started back up. But now I should be back

:D ))

post-6916-0-45483000-1381430286_thumb.png

“I’m Silver Platter, and I would like a medium roast coffee with a small pinch of sugar and a large amount of cream. Add some cinnamon to that too, if you would. Additionally, I would like two scones, please.”

The mare nodded to the stallion and turned back to work her magic. She picked a cup and filled it up with the mix before adding the very tiny pinch of sugar he requested and then stirred it into the coffee mix. Once she felt it had been mixed enough she brought the cup over to the creamer but didn't put the cream in yet. First, she added an amount of cinnamon like the stallion requested. Then she began to fill the cup with the large amount of cream. Some cream actually slipped off of the cup and fell on her hoof. She quickly levitated the cup up and kept it safe as she slowly licked the cream off of her hoof. Eh, tasted better when mixed with a drink.

She placed the cup in front of the stallion and then opened the window on the glass container of baked goods. She brought out two fresh scones and placed them ever so delicately on a small plate and then levitated them over to the stallion as well. Right when she finished she caught the last of the conversation.

"Here is your drink and scones sir. I'd say that'd be about five bits." She then looked to the crystal mare. "Crystal Empire?! Oh my goodness! I didn't even notice you were a crystal pony! I mean no offense by that..I just didn't.." She was so super excited to see a crystal pony in her shop! This was great! "Oh..the drink. I think two bits would be fine. BUT not only the Crystal Empire but you went to the Gala?!....I didn't go to the Gala..." She had a quick look of a pout before she quickly perked up. "How was it? Was it as amazing as every mare says it is?!"