Arcade Arena: Interest check!

Interest check!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in Arcade Arena?

• Yes! I love videogames and competition! This is my dream come true!
    • No, videogames rot the mind and competition divides unity.
    • I'm not sure.

Hey Canterlot! Magi here!

Awhile back I posted an interest poll for this competition I'm cooking up. It being some time since then, I wanted to have another interest poll before attempting to push forward with it.

Called 'Arcade Arena', every month there would be a posted game and a side challenge called 'Imagination's Challenge'. The regular competition would work like a high-scores board, while the side challenge would be having to meet a challenging score.

At the present time, prizes for the Arcade Arena are some nifty badges that I'm working on.

The games would all be 100% free and 100% accessible on the net for the regular challenge, as I had hoped would be obvious. No sense in having a board-wide videogame contest if half the members who are interested don't have the game.

It would work like this:

Arcade Arena: September

ANGRY BIRDS

1st - loliwin - 9,999,999,999

2nd - lolnoobs - 9,999,999,998

3rd - lolimthird -9,999,999,997

4th -whatevs - 1

And so on and so forth. The side challenge would be things like:

Imagination's Challenge

Score 100,000 points in Rainbow Dash Attack

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place players in the high scores get a nifty badge and bragging rights. Those who complete the side challenge also get a nifty badge.

HOWEVER,

The point of this thread is not to pitch the idea. The point of this thread is to see if there's interest, and if this kind of competition would be worth holding at all.

Please answer the poll if you're interested or not, and even include your own thoughts if you wish.

Again, this is to see if there's interest in such a concept as a gaming competition. Not a think-tank for ideas for said competition.