A gathering of artists (Open to everyone!)

NeoExlucky

The city of Canterlot is full of the hustle and bustle of life. Ponies working tirelessly, to go home and go to bed only to repeat this cycle once more. Life if rough and sometimes everypony needs to find an escape, whether it be through designing, painting, writing, or music. Everypony has an escape, and the real masterminds behind these escapes are the ones who work tirelessly through their art. Every once in a while several artist like to gather at events held across equestria. This year the honor of holding the 'gathering of art' event is held by Canterlot. This is a little place where artists can finally let their hair down and have a conversation with others in their profession.

4ZZ8thV.png

Octavia, wearing her normal white collar and pink bow-tie, strode across the marble floor of the massive gathering hall. Her spirits were high, and her hopes of meeting new people were higher. Around her were groups of several other ponies who all were fellow artists from their respective communities. This had been the first time that she had been able to attend Gathering of Art or G.A. for short. She hoped to meet others who shared her interests in music, activities, and fashion sense. Of course if there was ever a place for her to meet someone like that, it would be here.

Walking through the halls was a silver-maned mare with a golden-tan coat and bright blue eyes. Those aforementioned eyes were positively lighting up as she looked all around the halls. This could be potentially be one of the best days of her life! The enraptured young mare eagerly trotted around a midst the groups of attendees and some of the pieces that were on display.

Presteza's hoped were exceptionally high today, her dream of being Equestria's greatest artist may be a pretty difficult thing to achieve seeing all the beautiful pieces other painters had brought along with them promised her some stiff competition for the title. Right now however her ambitions were far from at the forefront of her mind seeing as not only did she have a chance of meeting some of her artistic idols, but perhaps even getting them to comment on her work.

"This is so bloody awesome!" she said with extreme glee, her voice cracking a bit as she spoke. Once again getting swept up in her passion for what she loved her jaw dropped when she saw an incredible looking mural at the far end of the room and broke into a gallop toward it... only to run into Grey earth pony wearing a pink bowtie. The slightly shabby looking unicorn laughed nervously,"er sorry about that."

qVKsH5R.png

"Oh!" Octavia blurted as she nearly fell over. She turned toward the pony who had pushed her to find a golden mare with a silver mane. She didn't look all to old and her bright blue eyes looked kind of optimistic. "That's quite alright, just watch where you going." Octavia said in a very proper voice. "My name is Octavia." She said holding out a hoof.

The shabby looking unicorn smiled and shook Octavia's hoof,"A pleasure ta meet ya, Octavia!... hm, yer name sounds familiar." She put her hoof to her chin as she tried to place where she'd heard that name, but then it came to her. She'd read her name in one of her family's letter from home, her parents had never missed one Octavia's performances and were big fans of the talented earth pony.

"Now I remember! Yer a Cellist, right?" she asked in an eager tone before she bowed in a respectful manner,"I'm Presteza, and I'm going to be Equestria's greatest painter!" said the silver maned mare with no shortness of pride in her voice. After a brief pause she cleared her throat.

"So... is this yer first time attendin' the G.A.?"

"Indeed, I am a Cello player." Octavia said rather calmly. "This is my first time, though I've wanted to go before. I just was always so busy beforehand to go to any. Though I'm guessing you know what it's like to be busy a lot."

"Awesome! It's my firs' time 'ere too! and well sorta... if by busy ya mean travelin' alot..." The mare gave a chuckle before glancing back at the painting she was originally galloping towards. It didn't look like the painting or the one responsible were going anywhere anytime soon, so she could spend some time to talk with the Cellist a bit.

"So... wanna go wander around and see the sights 'round here?" she asked with a playful smile.