Alone (Open Join in !)

LeCountryBrony

GoldDigger simply nodded his head and stood quietly listening to the songs of the ponies as gazed about the town taking in all its sights where he stood, He hadn't joined in because it was a tradition of the Doppella ponies and he didn't see fit that a earth pony like him should join in, Besides he wasn't much of a singer anyway.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold stood there and thought for a second "Ummmmm, Ok, sure" GoldDigger said softly when the unicorn asked him if he wanted to sing along, as the light tan foal looked to see if Night was going to start singing first or if he had to start in his usual shyness

Stone gave a nod of approval as Gold and Night joined in, and Mossy was obviously quite proud to have taught such big parts of Doppella culture to the outsiders. The song seemed to be nearing its end, when the sound of song amplified. The Doppellas finished the song in a glorious crescendo that shook the cavern with waves of sound. This caused, as Mossy had told Gold, a gem to fall from the ceiling and fall into the pool with a small plop as the voices of the town faded to silence. An older-looking Doppella stallion in a brown cloak, levitated it out of the crystal-clear water with his magic and gazed into it for a few moments, his faces making different expressions as if they were talking to somepony. They suddenly looked up, seeming slightly confused.

"N-no news of our near future, but of the present!" one head rasped, the remark echoing in the silence.

"Creatures of the outside have found their way into Facet Town. Whether they are benevolent or bring ill times upon us, the star would not tell... But they are among us now, here, as I speak." the other head announced, a trace of worry in his voice.

The crowd erupted into fearful whispers, and a circle of space formed around Stone, Mossy, their fathers, Gold, and Night as some noticed the ponies from the world above among them.

As the song was finished GoldDigger watched as a gem fell to the pool and a older pony took it out and examined it and heard of him speak of the "creatures of the outside being in the town". Gold looked around wondering what they where talking about and why they where so worried, Then it dawned apon him when he noticed alot of the Doppella ponies staring at him and Night. GoldDigger gave a soft whimper of fear as he ducked his head and lowered himself closer to the ground as if he was trying to hide himself and nervously gave a fake smile at the Doppella ponies that where looking at him, as he wondered what they where going to do to him

The Doppellas fell silent, their many faces displaying mixed reactions to the outsiders. Some held curiosity. Others, worry or fear. A few, fascination. Mossy and Stone stepped closer to Gold and Night, looking at them reassuringly. Surely the Doppellas would listen to their own kind's experience with the odd creatures?

"Th-they're good." Mossy announced, a bit shakily.

"Yeah! They won't do any harm. We've been talking to them for a while, and they don't want to hurt us! They ended up here by mistake, they're just lost!" Stone chimed in boldly.

GoldDigger crept unsurely out from underneath Night's cape which was pulled over him as Mossy and Stone said that He and Night where ok as he looked at the crowds mixed reactions "Y-ya I-I d-dont me-mean any h-harm to any-anypony" GoldDigger said in a loud enough voice that all could hear but still softly, as he sometimes flinched slightly at the slight movements of ponies near him, looking around the light tan foal's eyes where still big out of fear, he tried to stay calm but this kind of attention had always made him nervous

The Doppellas seemed to be growing cautiously optimistic about the intentions of the outsiders. They all turned to look expectantly at their leaders, the unicorn elders. The one who had read the gem cleared his throats and spoke up.

"And, eh, where, might I ask, do you come from, ambassadors of the outside?" his left head asked, authoritively but not unkindly.

"I-I come f-from p-ponyville" GoldDigger said nervously and shyly in response to the older pony, he was a little relived that everypony wasn't looking at him anymore as he waited for a response, his mind raced with different things that could happen this night

The cloaked elders, who seemed to be the leaders, looked at the other five cloaked "unicorn" Doppellas who stood by them, presumably the rest of the council of elders.

"My, from a single-headed city and the forbidden grove?" the main elder's left head remarked, astounded.

"What a marvel this is... Imagine that, two of the Lonely Creatures found their way here! It's been years!" the other head added, equally fascinated.

"Oh, yes, although it is rare, the Lonely Creatures have visited before. Explorers, most of them, weary travellers. Presumably you haven't heard of us because the simply dismissed the travellers' descriptions of us and our home as a stroke of madness or simply a tall tale crafted in their own imaginations. And it has been quite a while since your kind has found our home." the first head said with a nod, his silver eyes glimmering with fascination as he examined each aspect of the outsiders' appearances.

The elders all scanned the crowd around them.

"Winter's setting in soon enough, it must simply be a bit of a chill?" one elder suggested.

"Where is that doctor anyways? I haven't seen him recently..." another remarked thoughtfully.

"I suppose we do, if the doctor is truly gone... Somebody, go to his home and check for him, will you?" the main elder said ponderingly, his gaze falling on Mossy and Stone. "Perhaps the Lonely Creatures' companions might go fetch him for us?"

Stone nodded eagerly and turned to set off for the doctor's house, gesturing briskly for Gold and Night to follow.

Archived