Typing and formatting... issues.

Blueblood

I'm not exactly sure what to call this, or what causes it, but here's what I'm talking about:

Say I wrote a line of text and put it in italics like this. Then I un-clicked the italicize button, and continued typing. If I press enter or backspace, it takes that action at the end of the italicized line. If I write in bold, the same thing happens. Try it in color? Yes, that happens as well.

This isn't exactly an urgent issue, and it can be worked around, but I'm curious as to how it's lasted this long, and how it came to be. I've never had this happen on any other forum, or any other program for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...

The best way to use the formatting options is to type what you want to say and then highlight the text you want to change and then click Italics/Bold/etc.

To remove any formatting from text, select/highlight text and click the eraser button.

That... doesn't exactly answer my question. Yes, I know about the workarounds, though they don't fit my style of composition well. I'm just wondering why it only happens here. It's OK to say you don't know how it came to be or how to fix it.