The Flying Earth Pony (Open Join in!)

LeCountryBrony

it was a cool and sunny day and FlyinAce was at his home just outside Ponyville, The brown stallion with a black mane and tail wore a helmet with a small microphone that was held in front of his mouth by a wire attached to the side with his visor up and his ears poking through holes on top of the helmet, there was gauze wrapped around his hind leg. He held a wrench in his hoof as he stood on top of a flying machine which He and it both had taking quite a battering in a crash landing in the everfree. "UUghhh..... every single piece of this had to break didn't it !" He grumbled loudly as he leaned reaching his hooves inside the machines components fumbling around "It'll be FOREVER before this thing ever flies again!" he never noticed some ponies nearby as he spoke his frustration to himself

Dizzy Storm flew through the sky, clearing away any low flying clouds she could find around the Everfree. Although she stopped her task when she saw some sort of contraption, piloted by an earth pony, rise into the air momentarily before plummeting into the forest. "Oh gosh!" The purple pegasus mare said to herself before dashing off into the forest to find the mystery pony. "I hope they're alright..." Her light blue mane and tail was tugged at by the undergrowth as she searched for the crash site. She finally came across the destroyed contraption and its owner who was seemingly fighting the downed machine, grumbling angry words and rattling pieces of the machine around. "Hey, are you okay? I saw saw your, um...thing go down." She fluttered over to him, watching from over his shoulder as he fooled around with pieces of the contraption.

'Spring Breeze' would have liked to say she didn't know why she was currently running though the Everfree Forest alone, but truth be told she knew exactly what the reason was.

Some minutes previous, the red coated, blue maned pegasus had been wandering around Ponyville as she was prone to do, when a thunderous crash could be heard from the direction of the forest. And while she already knew that the sorts of beasts roaming the woods could make noises of that volume, she never heard of any that came accompanied by a metallic screech.

Even now, as she maneuvered through the underbrush, a little voice in the back of her head was pleading with her to turn back and let Ponyville's resident heroes handle this one. But yet again her curiosity had gotten the best of her. She just had to know what the source of the noise was. Besides, Ponyville would be her home for the foreseeable future, and as such it was in both her and the town's best interests for her to keep tabs on its major goings-on. Or at least, that's what 'Spring Breeze' was telling herself.

She would have lost the trail if she hadn't spotted that purple weather mare through a gap in the trees, suddenly change directions to land in a spot near the edge of the forest that was ahead and to the right of her. Figuring they were both probably chasing the same thing, 'Spring Breeze' adjusted to course to follow, and moments later came upon a clearing. As she stepped forward she looked around, noting the many branches which had been snapped off and even a few trees that had been toppled over, before her eyes finally landed on the crash itself. She saw the weather mare, hovering just over an earth pony wearing a strange helmet, who was standing on...

'Spring Breeze blinked, unsure of what exactly she was seeing. She'd heard stories of pony inventions, but never imagined anything like this. In it's current, mangled state it looked like some kind giant, metal tumbleweed more than anything useful, but unless it was tossed (and 'Spring Breeze' was sure she would have noticed anything large enough to throw it) it would seem that it arrived in the Everfree under its own power.

Her confusion finally reaching its peak, from her position off to the side of the clearing she blurted out "What the hay IS that!?"

FlyinAce was trying to fix anything that he could at the moment,light smoke was coming from the front of the machine, When he heard a voice come from over his head "I Think ill be fine" He said with a pause "I had took off from a field behind my home and was flying along when something malfunctioned and i lost all control of it, and it ended up here" FlyinAce said as he hopped off the machine landing, wincing in pain for a moment, When there came another voice from the side "Well, it was a airplane at one time....." FlyinAce took a good look himself, its one wing was completely sheared off by a tree, its propeller bent up like a paperclip, there was dented and ripped shards of metal all over it

[i know it's not strictly speaking my turn, but it's been almost a week now and I'd like to try and keep this thing going. My thought is to continue on for now, and if/when Dizzy Storm comes back she can decide to have done things retroactively.]

“...Air...plane...?” 'Spring Breeze' muttered to herself, tilting her head in confusion. She was still getting her head around many pony inventions. Based on the name and what the stallion said, she was able to piece together that it was a device meant to be some kind of aerial transport, for all thos non-pegasi. And had anypony described it to her a few months ago, 'Spring Breeze' would have dismissed such a thing as absurd. To see it in front of her, even mangled as it was...

'Spring Breeze' shook her head, snapping herself out of her thoughts. Her head was full of questions, but they would have wait. The Everfree Forest most likely wouldn't.

The red 'pegasus' began a slow circuit around the machine, trying to get a sense of the full situation. “Unless you think it'll survive a day in the woods, we'll need a way to get it out of here.” Looking back up at the stallion she asked, “Any thoughts?”

• 3 weeks later...

Cathny was flying around the Everfree Forest when she saw something and someponies around something. Quietly, she flied down. " hi there!" she said happily... whatcha guys doin? she curiously asked as she took a peep.

",Hi, There" FlyinAce greeted the pony that flew in. He was getting quite the attention from ponies, It was only three ponies right now, But they do say three's a crowd He chuckled to himself "i am just trying to get this thing out of woods" The tan earth pony said to Cathny

" Anything i can do to help? " she said while she flew up and down eagerly. " We would want this out of the woods as in like NOW!! your never so sure what can happen in these parts " she said as she cautiously turned her head left then right.

'Spring Breeze' had her train of thought broken for a moment by a new pegasus suddenly flying into the middle of the small group and asking what they were doing. That made arguably three pegasi trying to help now, though 'Spring Breeze' wondered if she should really count herself there. She continued to inspect the wreckage, as the newcomer and the vehicle's operator had a short conversation.

Finishing her once over, 'Spring Breeze' added her two bits to the conversation. "Well, my thought is to disassemble it, and carry back the pieces one at a time." Of course, it would ultimately be the stallion's decision, and she then looked to him waiting for him to decide the plan.

" Hmmm... " Cathny said as she thought some things through... " Hey! That can be a good idea! And after that, FlyinAce can reassemble it as easily as he made it! " she said with excitement then glanced at Spring Breeze happily. " but of course its up to you FlyinAce! "

Archived