Has anyone gotten/Played it/Seen it? So far, it's been pretty fun. Even though finding materials is irritating, and guns are hard to find.

For those of you who haven't gotten/Played it/Seen it, it's similar to Terraria, but there is planetary exploration and IMHO feels harder than Terraria. Yoinkalink so I don't have to explain much. Right now the game is in early Beta, having been released not very long ago.

So, like one of my lecturers goes on whenever he finishes talking about a part of a topic (close enough anyway), Thoughts? Comments? Queries (I'm quite a ways in the game)? Complaints?

Yea I've seen this game floating around in the steam. And darn do I like Terraria. I wanted to check it out but monies tight this time of year... I gots people to shop for. I know you said its fun but, Would you recommend it? Would you say its fun for everyone?

I've been playing it, and I'm having a blast.

I really liked Terraria, except for the sorta-linear progression of equipment and unfortunate fact that after a while you just sorta ran out of new things to find (until the next big patch, which was a very infrequent occurance). Starbound seems to be a lot more exploration focused (or at least have a much larger exploration element), which is exactly what I'd hope for in this kind of game.

Prior to version Annoyed Koala, the two things that bugged me about the game were the lack of player obtainable guns (not sure whether or not they existed, but either way they didn't seem to be findable) and that there didn't seem to be any armor that could help you from about the second half of Beta sector on. Or if there was, and I just never found it, then one could only reasonably find it long after needing it.

I know recent changes fixed the latter, I haven't played enough of the new version yet to check the former.

Explore strange new worlds, meet new lifeforms and new civilizations, and poke the lot of them with sharp objects! :razz:

I'll admit this now, to get the guns I needed, I pulled a few strings out of Google. Once you get guns in the game, life becomes a LOT easier. Doesn't matter if it's pre-Annoyed or Annoyed koala.

soundwav3, yes the game is fun, but recommending it in it's current state? Unless you're willing to overcome frustration, bugs, and getting eviscerated by all manner of monsters early on in the game, I wouldn't tell them to play. It's a fun game, but for anyone who just casually games, it quickly becomes a deathmatch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've had it for a little while now. I can't say I really like how I have to wait to discover new armor and weapon blueprints that I could have been making all along. It would be nice if it worked somewhat like Terraria in that aspect. Also, I don't really like how under powered every weapon I find feels. Even weapons that are dropped by epic monsters are pretty meh. Oh, and I was also very disappointed when I discovered that the background songs they play weren't all original, if any of them even are :roll:

On the other hand, I really like that I don't have to worry about any sort of ammo, that everything just drains out of your energy pool. I've found that the Avians are my favorite race, and just recently I defeated the active robot and found an Avian village, so I'm pretty happy :)

i know a glitch that last time i played, could get you infinite supplys

get a high tech chest, get whats in it, they replace it and open it, there should be new gear, you might have to place brake pickup repeat. Hope this helped

I haven't played starbound yet, but if you think it's harder than terraria... holy he11...

I'm still trying to beat the destroyer in the face without using the creative mode. (Creative mode only obtainable by downloading it from here. Terraria Creative Mode It's free, both by price and virus!)

Archived