A carol of love (Closed, NeoExlucky, QuickLime)

NeoExlucky

CWBEhfi.png

Octavia gazes deeply out her window. Her head in her hoof, she daydreams about a certain mare that's has been in her thoughts for oh so long, a beautiful mare that stole a kiss during the running of the leaves. Octavia was supposed to be packing up some things, she was going to go back to Canterlot here soon, a few days after Hearths warming eve. The thought was depressing Octavia, she needed to act quick. She didn't know when she would return to ponyville, and if she didn't tell the pink mare her feelings, she might never get the chance. A game of tennis bounced through her mind. What if she laughed in Octavia's face? What if that kiss was just some ponyville custom? What if She just imagined the kiss and it didn't really happen? After about an hour long thought process in her office, Octavia stood up. She grabbed some parchment and a quill and plopped them back down on her desk. She began to write a letter.

Dear Lady,

It's been such a long time since we've seen each other. I'm sorry I haven't seen you more, but I've been busy with my manager, and the store. Now that I have some free time, I wanted to invite you over to my house for a some cookies, coffee, and perhaps a bit of a song? I do owe you a private performance. I live right next to the "sonic boom" music store. I hope to see you very soon.

With Love,

Octavia

Octavia stopped as she finished writing the letter and stared down at what she just wrote. "With Love"...no, that would not do. She quickly took her quill and cross out "With Love" and added, "Sincerely."

Dear Lady,

It's been such a long time since we've seen each other. I'm sorry I haven't seen you more, but I've been busy with my manager, and the store. Now that I have some free time, I wanted to invite you over to my house for a some cookies, coffee, and perhaps a bit of a song? I do owe you a private performance. I live right next to the "sonic boom" music store. I hope to see you very soon.

Sincerely,

With Love,

Octavia

With a sigh of relief, Octavia folded the paper into an envelope and got up, she went over the very minuscule owl that sat perched near the window, she normally kept it for delivering letters. "Send this to Lady." Octavia said. With a hoot for a reply, Octavia tied the envelope to the leg of the bird and sent it out into the cold, snowy, wonderland.

• 2 weeks later...

PinkLadybanner_zpseca0bb72.jpg

Lady was overjoyed to receive the letter! Having intended on spending Hearths warming alone due to the rest of her family being so busy! She got her mane styled, the present she had picked out for Octavia (A beautiful broach that had a cello etched in it). Dawning her best scarf and winter coat she boarded the train to Ponyville, reaching Octavia's current abode in as fast a pace as a Mare that lived in Solstice Heights could manage!

All a fluster, and feeling a pounding in her chest Lady hesitantly tapped on the door, trying to not tremble with too much excitement but she let out a quiet "EEEE" while Octavia wasn't there to hear it!

Octavia's ears perked as she heard the tap, tap, tapping at her door. She quickly spun around quickly on her back hooves, with a mixed feeling of excitement and anxiety. She wore a hearth's warming eve hat, her usual bow though this one was colored green, and striped socks that were colored red and green. Her house was decorated with a lot of holly and other festive decorations such as red bows, green lights, and to top it all off, there was a large hearth's warming eve tree in the corner of the house, decorated with fine musical symbols, and instruments. With a sigh of preparation, Octavia opened the door to greet Lady in the cold. "Lady it is so pleasant to see you again!" She exclaimed. A gust of wind blew across ground, causing Octavia's muzzle to be stung by the highly cold air. After a slight shiver, Octavia took a step back into her home. "Please, do come in."

Archived