Mindheart (Ready)

Dravocn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings! I'll be taking over this app from this point onward. Looking at the app I see now:

• Your OC's current Cutie Mark Story lacks a moment of self-actualization; that moment where Mindheart makes a fundamental realization about himself. What exactly about hiding from a filly prompted a heart-covered book to appear on his flank? I'll be honest: I really think your OC is better off having his cutie mark earned from an event that makes your colt realize how intellectual he his. If being a hopeless romantic is in no way a positive experience for Mindheart, there's no chance in Tartarus he'll get a cutie mark because of it.
  • Speaking of romanticism, your colt's WAY too young to be thinking about serious relationships. Little boys and girls simply aren't mature enough to think about romance outside childish crushes and rose-colored fantasies... because they're kids. For that matter, I see nothing in the Character Summary that makes me believe that Mindheart has the personality of a colt... you know, a kid. This OC strikes me as being like a young stallion more than anything, and I recommend you in fact change Mindheart's age to "Young Stallion". If not, please add some personality details that'll make the colt come off as an actual young boy.
  • One very last important thing: World of Equestria is supposed to be a fun and social slice-of-life RP. Characters who are both shy and are intended mainly to pursue romantic goals are extremely detrimental to this environment. It's unfair for RPers to go out of their way to have their OCs talk with yours when you don't plan on ever initiating interactions yourself, and it's frowned upon to insert OCs in threads only for the purpose of hooking them up with other ponies.

If you're really intent on playing a shy pony who wants to fall in love with someone to the exclusion of any other possible storyline, you'll need to understand that World of Equestria is not intended to facilitate those sorts of RPs. Ergo, Free For All is the best place for a character like Mindheart.

ah ... i see where you would think that he is shy ... quite the contrary however he would actually prefer to go and talk to somepony rather than stay as far away from the crowd as possible ... the reason why he hid from the girl is because he realized he had been staring at her and his owl woke him up to that so he hid in fear of scaring the poor thing... in terms of the hopeless romanticism being part of the cutie mark however then i shall change that .... but it's not like he hates being a hopeless romantic ... technically he wouldn't be him otherwise in fact he'd probably be a drone only focusing on studies and nothing else ... his hopless romanticism is the only thing that gave him a social life to begin with ... begin with ..... he's perfectly fine now .... anyway....i have fixed his age and am willing for any kind of help you can give me ... clearly if this has been going on for this long i need some serious help :)

Just note that if you're intent on sticking with your OC's current cutie mark, the story behind it needs to incorporate both the intellectualism AND the romanticism. Otherwise, it won't make complete sense. Additionally, the cutie mark story needs to be an uplifting experience of some sort for your OC; he may not hate being hopelessly romantic, but all the same, it's extremely hard to see how your current cutie mark story could result in somepony getting a CM. Nopony would earn their mark as a result of an awkward situation; again, think of more of an uplifting story. ^_^

but um... fluttershy was falling to her death... twilight sparkle almost failed her entrance exams... applejack felt homesick... and Rarity was going to get feel awful if the costumes of her play didn't look fabulous.... does it have to be happy ... honest .... granted i understand that fluttershy got saved my butterflies ... twilight sparkle not only hatched spikes egg but made him grow thirty times the size he is now... applejack followed rainbodash's rainbowsonic boom home.... rarity's horn brought her to some gems ... and pinkypie had gone from the most deppressing time to "I'MA PARTY ALL THE TIME CAUSE I'M SICK OF BEING DEPRESSED ALL THE TIME WORKING ON THE FARM .... and my parents look amish...."

The point of a cutie mark story is that a pony realizes a fundamental aspect of themselves that they can be proud of. It doesn't matter whether your OC went through minor hardship or not before getting their mark, just as long as the end result is them discovering something fundamental about themselves that they can be proud of.

That's more like it! However, it wouldn't be realistic for a kid to make fully-functional magic golems without years of instruction and training beforehand. Please adjust the cutie mark story so that the feat Mindheart accomplishes is something a magic novice can do. :)

so ... a young stallion is still a child?

No, young stallions are our term for young adults, and anyone of that age should have gotten their cutie mark by that stage in life. When ponies get cutie marks, they do so when they are children, and children are realistically too young to make perfectly-operation golems without years of practice, no matter if he already has a teacher. My previous recommendation still stands: please adjust the cutie mark story so that the feat Mindheart accomplishes is something a magic novice can do. Remember, Mindheart has to be a kid when he gets his cutie mark.

My Helpstaff colleagues had a little chat, and they all agree that there's simply no way a young colt is capable making golems from scratch. Golems in nearly every fantasy setting are treated as powerful magical objects that are not to be taken lightly. Given the lack of golems so far in FiM, we have to assume that the same rules apply to this RP too. We'll allow your OC to get his cutie mark by helping his teacher build a portion of a golem, but we cannot allow a young colt to make one all by himself. That's just too overpowered for World of Equestria.

This is my final word on this subject.

yes mam .... but i have to mention that it states that he made his teacher make the golems ... he is currently in training to make some golems :) It just seems that the subject made you angry and i just wanted to let you know he has not the power to make them on his own just yet :)

Archived