And the forests dream eternally ((see ooc for details))

Xarionette

the Everdream: the skys burned brightly thus signalling daytime. the air was as frigid as the coldest winter. A city nestled around a large castle that could peer across the land

"Father why are you doing this?" a steel grey unicorn asked her eyes staring at her father for a reason to his madness.

"My dearest Vexsis, I am showing that the land of Everdream is not of monsters." the tri-horned unicorn king sat upon his throne awaiting word from the captain of his praetorian guard. he was tasked with ensuring that the invitations were distrusted among the populace of equestira.

"As much as it pains me to do so, I must agree with Our daughter. this odd even for you." came the voice of Queen Remnant a white alicorn with a long flowing purple and black mane and tail.

"do not worry all shall fall into place" he said before a fully armored pony came in

"Lord Skarr, your task is done."

Lord Skarr stood up from his throne and slowly trotted to the center as his magic began to open a portal to Canterlot. Six of his praetorian guard lined up ready to go.

in canterlot a large purple sphere formed in the city square, red bolts of energy crackled across it as the Six praetorian guards entered Canterlot before their king to ensure his safety. soon after Lord Skarr entered Canterlot his blank white eyes looked about the structures of canterlot. "this is nothing like Nighmarepolis." he said musing to himself.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star was walking along the streets of Canterlot. She tried not to be noticed as she was kind of shy. There were very few ponies around as it was night. But still. She peered into a dark ally and saw a portal open. On the other side she could see the sky was on fire and she could feel the fridge cold air. She backed up against the wall as a "pony" stepped out.

Cobalt was moving along through Canterlot, at night. He had needed a new magic book from one of the stores that miraculously was still open, and then closed when he left. He suddenly had a tense feeling, as if strong magic was present around him. As curious as this Unicorn was, he went to investigate, and found himself looking at a... he's just going to call it a Three-Horned Unicorn. Although, along with feeling such magic as he got closer, he felt an urge to hide as well.

Peaches flew close to the ground in canterlot, at night! AT NIGHT! Why did she have to do this?? She hated the dark, she FEARED the dark. She was looking for somewhere to get some sugar... She was having Peach shake when surprise! Surprise! No more sugar... When she revealed her face from her bangs and looked around, she saw a Store!! She was about to fly over to it when she felt the air around her suddenly turn Frigid cold... She placed on her vest and cape she always brought with her and went over to investigate. Her curiousness has brought her looking at a .... Well shes going to call it a 'unique alicorn', paired with some kind of portal. Her eyes springed wide open and hid as quickly as possible, but is still observing...

Cobalt stands there, now more curious than afraid. He attempts to make sense of this. A strange portal with a strange Three-Horned Unicorn coming out of it. How powerful was this pony? He wanted to learn more. Could he possibly use this new knowledge to mass teleport him and his friends long distances? Still curious, he takes a step forward, and asks, "Hello? Who are you?"

Peaches was stunned and amazed. She never saw anyone so brave and straight-forward before.. She also felt ashamed of herself. She is such a coward. " Im going to stop hiding and start talking! " She thought to herself as she too, stepped forward,with legs shaking, she asked as well " Umm... I, I mean we dont mean to disturb you, but,... who are you and what are you doing? "

She glanced at Cobalt then at the three-horned unicorn... Trying as hard as she can to hide the shakiness of her legs..

the Praetorian guards circled around their kings as ponies came to investigate. "Settle down my subjects, they cannot hurt me." taking a few steps past his guards Lord Skarr's eyes locked onto a smaller blue colt. waiting until he was close enough to look down on him. "I am Lord Skarr, The king of nightmares." he looked at his guards now around him and the blue pony. "These are my praetorian guard." he said motioning to each one with a hoof. "I'm here to extend an invitation to my realm, The Everdream."

Cobalt wonders, and wonders. The Everdream? He's never heard of a place like that before, unless you mean the Everfree Forest. His face, a look of curiosity, "Well, if there's anything I can learn from there, I guess I'll accept this invitation, if it's meant towards ponies like me, and some of these others."

Cobalt still wonders about this magic Lord Skarr is using.

Peaches was trapped in her train of thoughts that just seem to be no end. What is this Everdream? Does anypony live there? Is it dangerous? She looked at the three-horned alicorn that called himself Lord Skarr. Was he always like this? Is he truly that powerful? Up to what limit can his magic reach? While she was calculating all of this.. a random thought came to her mind.. Is she invited to go to this place called the Everdream?

"Of course he's not," rang out Midas from around a corner. His horn glowed with a strange magic aura, where instead of being soft and flowing, instead crackled with golden intensity and gave off a low buzzing noise. He wore a scarlet and gold embroidered cloak, and his red eyes gleamed with suspicion, but also an air of curiosity. This tri-horned pony was indeed a sight to behold. Not like Midas hadn't seen weirder things in his short but exciting lifestyle. The roman-looking guards concerned him the most. They seemed like they would attack if any signs of a threat to their 'Lord Skarr' should appear. Keeping his hatchet close under his cloak and holding it with his aura, he watched the events from a careful distance.

Midas watched as Star crept towards the guard. He focused his magic, pushing the mare slowly away from the guard. He didn't want to take any chances, and he certainly didn't want anyone getting hurt. Or at least, he was acting like he didn't. It was very unlike Midas to care about anypony else, but if pretending to care benefits him, then I suppose that could be advantageous to him.

Midas was getting impatient. He was itching with curiosity, but he had a feeling going even barely close enough to get any information would (Of course) be too close. If he could just see under their armor for any cutie marks...

Archived