.:The Lunar Republic:.

TheBronyhood

Equestria was divided between loyalty to two princesses. But the younger, Luna, had seen the crimes commited in the dark. It pained her, and finally she had thought a solution.

She formed an organization of earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi alike, and gave them the duty of Nightwatching, where they would protect the night in Equestria. No evil would pass under Luna's steady hoof. Not in her night. The organization grew, and Celestia saw it as a threat. She told her sister to disband the organization, feeling it would imbalance things in Equestria. Luna refused. This was before Nightmare Moon, but now that the Nightwatcher's princess was back after one thousand years, they could carry out the plan. The plan for a new era. The Lunar Republic.

Splenrix stood under a cold night sky. He watched as the moon rised over Canterlot, watching over the city. Splenrix's cutie mark was a crescent moon with a shield behind it. He had earned it as a colt, when he became an apprentice Nightwatcher. He had stopped a robber all by himself. He was proud, but also careful. The night could be scary, and this he knew more than anypony. Walking down to Canterlot to begin Nightwatching, Splenrix admired the stars that floated over him.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star Dust walked the streets of Canterlot. She was the granddaughter of one of the original night watchers. It was in her blood. And cutie mark. A binocular surrounded by stars. She was a older filly. Some would c considerto young to be out alone. But her heart yearned for adventure. She wanted the new Era to begin. Her white fur would stand out in the night if not for her cloak.which also hid her black mane and wings

((said Midas instead of Splenrix D: i use him too much))

"Nearly. Luna hasn't been back in Equestria for anymore than a year. She was actually surprised the Nightwatchers hadn't given up." Splenrix said. He breathed on his hooves to warm them. "I'd suppose tha-"

His words were cut off by someone yelling for help. Whirling around, he flew up into the air and circled above buildings, looking for the source of the noise.

Splenrix lowered himself down, his dark midnight blue fur mixing well with the sky. He spotted a mare being chased by a strange looking creature. He flew down and tried to land on the creature, but missed and twisted his knee joint. "Agh!" he yelled in pain.

Splenrix stubbornly put the herb in his pocket without eating even a little. He went after the creature with Star. Catching up, he saw it looked like a giant metal ant. It clanged it's pincers and rushed towards the mare it was chasing. It had her cornered.

Splenrix sighed and popped the herb into his mouth and swallowing it before rushing in. The metal ant was distracted by the light, but only in two eyes. It had a third, on the back of its ugly metal head. Splenrix flew over and picked up the blue furred mare. The metal ant swung around and spat a metal projectile at Splenrix, who dodged just in time. Splenrix could tell it wasn't a mechanical being ; It was enchanted with unicorn magic, which is how it moves. Splenrix had a hunch that a unicorn was actually controlling its every move. Another metal bolt blasted from the ant's metal-mandibles, grazing Splenrix's tail.

"It's enchanted! Think of it as a puppet that moves!" Splenrix yelled over the sound of clanking metal as another projectile, this one a sharp blade, flashed by his snout. Splenrix had had enough. His eyes glowed, emitting a dark blue light. He put the mare down and his cutie mark shone bright as he headbutted straight into the metal ant. It caused a large dent, and sent the ant flying into a brick wall, but didn't kill it. Splenrix stopped glowing, tired from all the energy. And it still wasn't destroyed yet!

Splenrix smiled. "Nice work," he said, panting. He was flushed, and his energy was very low. He staggered to his hooves and made sure the mare was alright and floated back towards the main street.

((if thou wouldst not mind, I would much enjoy to partake in this Roleplay))

Thunder Strum walked with her heavy armor clanking with every step in the everfree forest, criminals of shadow like to use the forest as a hideout. Her cresent moon symbol shined on the chest plate. Her armor was thick and would usually not be used as a member of the nightwatch. But her skill in battle proved valuable and was an exception, her eyes always aware of her surroundings and her hooves gripped around her massive greatsword...never let her guard down. Anything could happen in the everfree.

(( I doest not mind. Ye olde Roleplay does not deny additions to the fun.))

Splenrix looked around him. It was the Overlook, as the Nightwatchers called it, when on a full moon Luna would be out helping fight against evil alongside her loyal army. And when the moon was at its highest in the sky, evil would always lurk somewhere.

Splenrix took to the sky, floating above the buildings and watching for anything suspicious. After he was done in Canterlot he would head to Ponyville and the Everfree to see if anything was going on there.

ThunderStum looked around the moon lit everfree, she doesn't always like the dark...it was too quiet for her and would usually make her paranoid. She glances behind but sees nothing, the cracking of twigs made her flinch as she quickly draws her sword and yells "whose there!? Show yourself in the name of Princess Luna, i demand you come out at once!" she was ready for combat, ready to battle with the pony or beast that is lurking in the shadows. Her hooves steady, her feet firm to the ground and her eyes locked to the direction of the sound.

ThunderStrum sheathed her sword "you should not be sneaking around in these woods...They always made me on edge." she said looking at the stallion "I do not believe we have met, my name is ThunderStrum and to whom do I make aquaintance?

Archived