[Magic Camp] Looking for the Light (Finished)

Lux

Night had fallen on Nimbusgait Lake, home of the magic camp set up by Princess Twilight Sparkle. All the ponies had finished their supper and were meandering about for some last moments of conversation before retiring for the night in their respective tents. The night however was a perfect place for a certain colt to try and practice his own type of magic.

"Alright Light, you can do this," the yellow unicorn said, "I've read the books and been practicing. Now it time to see what i can do."

The colt had come to the camp on recommendation by Princess Twilight in the hopes that somepony could teach him about his light magic, a type that he seemed to find little information about before while in Ponyville. The Princess offered him encouragement to practice, and that was what he was going to do. It was better being outside than having to be in a building with no lights and the curtains drawn to allow his light to shine out. He focused as his horn glowed a golden aura, and soon a small ball of white light appeared about the size of his hoof. He then focused to expand the ball into a size as big as the colt's head.

"All right. I got the ball of light. Now what else can I do with it? Oh if there was a pony here that knew light spells like I should know then that would be great. Guess I'll just play with this for now."

He took the ball and split it into three even sized ones before trying to juggle the three. No matter how hard he tried, one would always fly away or drop to the ground.

"This is my talent, so why is it hard for me to do? I didn't get what I think my cutie mark is wrong, did I?"

Archived