A Zebra in the City (Open)

Lux

Well, this was turning out to be an interesting day - Vinyl was fond of meetin' new ponies, for sure, and it seemed as though she was gonna end up being social with more than she'd expected on this day...that wasn't a problem at all, however, seeing as she was enjoying herself still.

" Oh wow, this place is... " she looks around at the displays and gives a low whistle. " Seriously, I haven't seen so many gems since Sapphire Shores last birthday gig - this stuff looks so dang expensive! " Vinyl utters with a small chuckle as she surveys the scene with a raised eyebrow, clearly impressed at the array of diamonds, gems and jewellery on offer, for such an out of the way shop as this. For a while, she simply continues her lookaround for a brief while, just trying to get a feel for the prices and how much a place like this must be WORTH...although clearly it's selections probably paled in comparison to some of the more stocked places, but certainly that didn't take away from the fact the place was well sized and stocked itself!

" Gotta give ya credit, this place shines pretty brightly! " she quips with a small wink over the shades, casting a glance at Touch Stone with a small smirk.

" If I ever get the hankerin' for something shiny, I'll have to poke around here sometime - never know when a pair of jewel encrusted shades might make waves with a crowd, know what I mean? "

• 4 weeks later...

Autumn smiled at the responses of her new friends. This was certainly a nice place to bring them. All the gem stones seemed to shimmer and sparkle in the a rainbow array of dazzling colors. She imagined the DJ pony might have been reminded of a disco light at the sight of all this glittering display.

"Welcome to All That Glitters!" Touch Stone spoke with a hint of excitement behind her words. She loved to show off her store and hoped the display was to their liking.

"You know Stone, it might be fun to do a little show... what do you think?" Autumn raised her eyebrows with the ask of such a favor.

Touch Stone did not seem phased at all. She loved to put on gem shows! "Well, if these other ponies want to watch then I would love to let my gems speak for themselves. Why don't you all stand over there." She nodded towards the far wall. Her horned glowed for a moment and curtains fell over the front windows, blocking out most of the light in the room.

"Watch carefully!" The white unicorn's voice now held a high degree of excitement as her horn glowed brightly. Soon gems in the room began to pulse colors from within due to Touch Stone lighting them from the inside. "Anypony know a good tune? It's fun to do this sort of thing with music!" The gems continued to glitter and glow from within.

"Vinyl, any idea what we should give her for music?" Autumn asked politely, hoping her friends would enjoy this.

"Indeed your words do speak very true," Zecora said to Vinyl Scratch as she looked around the jewelry shop, "These are the most gems I've seen in my life too."

The Zebra wasn't one for wearing or owning overly flashy things, but she did have her share of jewelry, namely her gold earrings, neck rings, and leg rings. These however were from her parents and held therefore a more sentimental value. She then walked up to a delicately made necklace adorned with a rainbow of gems that all glittered and glowed.

You know Stone, it might be fun to do a little show... what do you think?"

"Ah, so you have a show you do with this jewelry. Well this is something I must see."

Standing next to the DJ pony, Zecora watched as the room darkened and the gems sprung to life, each pulsing their respective color.

"This is indeed an amazing sight, is this your talent to make these gems glow with light?"

"Vinyl, any idea what we should give her for music?"

The unicorn pauses for thought and furrows her brow in thought, a hoof idly tapping the side of her head as she contemplates some ideas - alas, the DJ pony realises a pretty crucial point, a fatal flaw in the otherwise well intentioned question presented to her. " See, I don't have any of my stuff with me right now, so... " she chuckles slightly and offers a small shrug. " S'not like I can point my horn and music comes out - it's a l'il bit more involved than that! "

Of course, she did take stock of the fact that such a question still deserved something of an answer, even if she couldn't really take care of the more practical side of it just this moment - even if she couldn't PLAY something for the store owner right this moment, she still knew the names of various tracks that might well be appropriate, or suit, the rather awesome display being given. It wasn't often she saw something with this kinda natural glow, and there was definitely a twang of inspired thought as she pondered over her choices...somewhat lamenting the fact that she wasn't quite as able to make this particularly requested performance a real thing.

" Well, there's a l'il something I've heard going around by the name of, I think, Crystallize... " Vinyl rubs her muzzle as she ponders this particular track. " Can't remember who made it, but I know I've kinda heard mention of the track a fair few times. I get the feelin' that if I was given a chance t'put something together, it would make for a heck of a show with it's awesome combination of orchestral an' magically enhanced musical styles! "

With that thought in mind, Vinyl immediately raises an eyebrow and gives a coy smirk. " But hey, if you ever need a promotional gig sometime, I could work somethin' out...could be awesome! "

She could almost see it now, a jewel-studded event that would dazzle and wow even the most grizzled of gem-hunting ponies as they show off the stores finest goods - sure, something like that would probably be a difficult task to put together in any situation, but with the right ponies and ideas in play, it would at the very least prove to be something that would lend this l'il place a hoof!

Archived