The magic wishing candle ((3 open, 1 reserved))

TheHybrid

((just a bit of an experiment))

Connor trotted into the unfamiliar, but quite warm and welcoming atmosphere of midday Ponyville, pulling a rather intricate looking cart along with him as he went. He was a white broard young stallion with a relaxed type of confidence, who had a mane which was slicked back with cheap hair gel, and a tail which bore a similar look. He was also wearing a rather cheap and flimsey looking suit, and just had the general look of a snake oil salespony.

He was trotting into town with a polite, non-threatning kind of expression, and was greeting everyone with kind words and generous compliments. Everypony seemed to passively watch him, gaining a mild interest that was slowly rising into a curious chattering as the pony stopped on an empty spot on the street, and unlatched the cart off of his body. He cleared his throat, which by itself was able to direct a few more eyes onto him, as things in the area became nearly deathly silent.

He grinnedat all the ponies... all the... bit carrying... ponies... and began speaking in a rather clear, near hypnotizing voice "Mares and Gentlecolts, I have come to this market to present to you a rather unique item that I have for you today! It is a magically enchanted item that I have procurred from the rather exotic and wild Zebra tribes, something that will change your lives... forever!" by now he has gathered a rather large crowd, most listening in with curiosity, but with obvious skepticism as well. He saw this and smiled confidently, making a motion with his holf "May I present to you, my fellow ponies..." he kicked the cart, which caused it to suddenly fold out in a rather spectaculary display of firesorks and magical fizzers, now looking like a medium sized wooden platform with a small room in the middle, which opened up to reveal some sparkling white candles that had a dim glow to them, "The wishing candles!" he jumped on the platform, then began looking back and forth in the crowd, who seemed fairly interested in what he was selling, "Now, what are you wishing candles, you may ask? Well, they're are like candles, however they are enchanted so when you light them, it activates a spell that will grant any wish you may have!" the ponies became silent, as a strong distrusting and doubtful vibe filled the audience.

Connor gulped, geez, tough crowd! However, this slip of confidence was very brief, as h began speaking with it again after only a momeng, "Don't beleive me? Here... let me demonstrate... " he took a candle, and lit it, which sparked a rainbow flame on its wick, "Now, watch as I turn myself from an earthpony, to a unicorn!" Now the doubt in the air ws nearly palpable, speceial transformation? Only the highest level of magic could do this... and even then it was unstable!

The salespony, however, seemed fully confident in himself, and cleared his throat, "Wishing candle, I wish to be an Unicorn!" and at those words, a varity of different colorful sparks and smoke exploded from the salespony's location, and when the smoke cleared, it revealed the sales pony standing in the same spot, but now standing, quite proudly, with a unicorn horn on his head. The audience gasped in shock, for the impossible, had just happened, "You see everypony? I was not lying... I never lie!" He chuckled, "You can have a wishing candle, and everything you desire, not for 100 bits, not for 90 bits... but for three easy payments of 20 bits! Now... whoever wants a candle can make a nice and neat line to the left side if the stage, and I will open up shop!" The large crowdly, quickly began condensing it self into a single line at the left side of the stage, as the salespony used his magic to lower a staircase to allow them to easily climb up and purchase their candle.

Something... seemed rather off about all of this.

((Got kind if lazy, which is why some of this feels rushed. Its hard typing on an iPhone xD))

Catch Foot glided into town lazily, her boots dangling from her mouth by the laces. The first thing she saw, was the large crowd and immediately she slowed down to hover hesitantly by the edge of the throng. Her curiosity piqued, she flew higher to get a look at what was going on. She saw a greasy looking salespony, and immediately there were a series of bright flashes and the next thing she knew, this earth pony had a horn!

The shock of it made her forget to flap her wings and she dropped a few inches in the air. Eager to see more, and almost without thinking, she joined the line of ponies forming to make their purchase for whatever magical item this pony was selling. Maybe if she got one of these things - candles, it looked like - she could get rid of her wings, and finally join the figure skating team! After all, it was her wings that were holding her back!

• 1 month later...

Golden Pocketwatch galloped swiftly through town, who is quite in a hurry to get to her destination. She saw a young foal by the center fountain holding up a sign. She glanced at her watch, " It seems that I'm ahead of schedule... " She slowed down and dropped a few bits for the foal. She gave him a kind smile and trotted off, giving glances on her watch as she went. Right by her destination, she saw a crowd of people in a line in front of a cart. She gave another glance at her watch, " Oh dear.. I only have 5 minutes and 24 seconds until my class starts.. " She looked over at the cart getting rather curios. " I guess It wont hurt if I skip class today.. " She gave the gym (which had yoga classes in it) a last look and joined the rather long line.

Archived