[Docks] Shiver me Timbers! [Open]

Kudalyn

Feathermay

"Yar Har Har! Shiver me timbers! Ahoy you swabs!"

A very bright, magenta colored pony boisterously shouted out various pirate quotes as her long red, orange and yellow mane blowing in the sea breeze as she carefully rolled some empty barrels off of her ship onto the docks. She was on land for her usual bi-weekly stock refill. Those birds weren't gonna get food out on the open water after all!

She trotted back up the bridge, pulling a few boxes onto the ramp and sliding them down. It was a little difficult, but she was used to working alone. She always worked alone on her ship, the Jolly Canter. She had long ago inherited the ancient pirate ship from her late grandfather - the notorious Blackmane, pirate scourge of the Equestrian seas. Now, it was a floating bird rescue center - stuffed to the rafters with birds of every kind, color and shape that she cared for and nurtured back to health.

"And that... should be the last one!" She huffed, pushing the last barrel down the plank to the dock where it rattled along beside the others. Trotting back down, she stretched a little as her back cracked - it had been about three weeks since she was last on land - a unexpected storm threw her off course and she had to backtrack around the whole island to get back to her usual port - this was the only place on the whole island she could get the supplies she needed!

The light pink little filly had been watching the whole scene, hidden right under the boat that had just arrived to the dock. Only her eyes were perking out of the water, together with a few streaks of her mane that floated on the water. She was curious about that filly that talked so funny. She knew that those were pirate manners, but rare were the times that she had met true swashbucklers. She felt strange about all of it, since she wasn't that used to see a filly do all the hard work. Usually the ones that worked the most were the muscled stallions that had been out in the high sea that carried everything, and not the upposed Captain of the ship.

She swam close to land, and rested her hooves over the dock, and smiled at the filly as she let her tail rise above the water level. "Rare are the sights of true sea dogs!", she stated in a slightly louder tone, so that the pony could hear her.

Feathermay

Feathermay started, whipping her head around to try and see who spoke to her. "Whosaidthat?!" She said, looking underneath her, between her legs to see the light pink hippocamp giggling at her on the side of the dock. She untangled herself, trotted over to sit in front of the friendly filly.

"And rare is it to see a hippocamp so friendly! How are you? Fine day to be at sea, isnt it?" She said, pushing her hair out of her eyes with a hoof to get a better look at the beautiful pony, her tail fin sparkling in the water.

The young hippocamp smiled widely and let out a giggle. "And you're a nice pirate!", she said, almost tripping over the new pony's questions. She had heard them, yes, but the amazement of how nice she sounded made her feel even happier for talking to an earthling. She could finally talk to somepony that wasn't meand AND liked the sea, just like herself!

"I am fine, thank you. And the weather seems to be great as well, even if the fish down there are quite agitated today. Spring cleaning or something...", she said, first nodding at the pony, then looking up at the skies and then motioning her left hoof in circles and in a discursive way, babbling like she used to do.

But then she smiled widely again.

"What about you? What brings a four-legs that spends her life at sea to its origins?"

Feathermay

"Oh, I'm here to stock up on supplies. Bird food, medicine, the sort." She said, getting back up on her hooves and walking over to her barrels and boxes, pushing a few together to make the pile neater.

"I am Feathermay, pony piratess of the high seas!" She said, bucking back on her hind hooves and striking a fierce pose as her mane and tail blew boldly in the sea breeze. "My ship is a haven for birds of every feather, where I care for them until they are well enough to fly on their own! I'm a crew of one, well, if you don't count my parrot friend Rocko. HEY, ROCKO!" She yelled over her shoulder at her boat, where a loud indignant squawk was heard. With a puff of red feathers, a fat Macaw flew over the edge of the boat where he fluttered down to perch indignantly in her rump, yawning widley and obviously.

"Oh come on, you fat feathered fiend. You've been sleeping since 6 o'clock last night. It's time to wake up and greet the day!" Feathermay said, giving her rump a wiggle so Rocko swayed on his perch, giving another indignant squawk before glaring at May.