Nightlife in Ponyville (Finished)

Lux

Night had fallen over the town of Ponyville as a full moon rose overhead. A lone dark shape flew across the sky, too big to be a Pegasus pony, circling the town silently as she observed the scene below. There were still some ponies out in the streets in the evening, some going from one place to the next while others were conversing.

"So, ponies do enjoy the night as much as the day," the figure said in a deadpanned tone, "Now where can I find a place to land and observe?"

She circled once more before finding a low hanging cloud that was just above the main street. She landed as her dark wings retracted to her side, brushing up against the hooded cloak she wore. It was a silly idea to wear such a thing to remain inconspicuous, well as much as she could be, but she began to think that the cloak would attract more attention given that ponies didn't wear any clothes from what she saw.

"Let's see who I can find," she said as she watched for anypony to observe while debating whether to show herself to them.

Welcome to my thread introducing a new character, Raven Duskwing, as she meets new ponies. Have fun!

The streets were almost empty, as a lone mare sitting on a bench, tried to scribble words into her little notepad. She squinted her eyes, trying to see with the little moonlight there was. Plume was adjusting the pencil in her mouth, and occasionally glancing around her surroundings, as if searching for something. "Hmm.. writing ideas during the night is certainly a new experience, but I can't see a thing!" Plume had exclaimed to herself, before quickly giggling and covering her mouth with her hoof, while looking around blushing from the embarrassment of making such a loud exclamation to oneself.

"It is a bad idea to be talking to yourself Plumey, get back to work!" she mumbled, as she took the pencil in her mouth again, and continued brainstorming for her next short story.

my first rp post, hope it's alright! ^^

As she lay on the cloud, her attention was drawn to a lone pony sitting on a park bench. From the dimness in the moonlight, she could see that the pony had a pen and paper as she wrote something down while talking to no pony in particular other than herself.

How can a pony try to write when it's so dark, Raven thought as she flew from her perch to see what the pony was interested in doing. She wasn't a snoop by any means, and in a place where she stuck out like a sore thumb it was hard to do so even if she wanted to do so. Yet she couldn't help observe the pony work. She landed close by the bench and slowly crept over to the pony sitting and writing, stealthily walking behind her, her curiosity getting her dangerously close to being discovered.

Plume kept on scribbling in her book, as she suddenly felt a little heat close to her ear. She looked up abruptly, eyes wides as saucers and her ears perked up in alarm. Her mouth had opened slightly, as her pencil dropped out of it, when she turned her head ever so slowly to look on her side. Plume sat in silence, staring at the strange cloaked figure next to her, before screeching,

"AIIIYEEEH!!"

Her mind didn't seem to calculate fast enough to react right away. She stumbled off the bench, falling forward on her face, before sitting up again and scrambling to her hooves to run away.

It was no surprise that the pony on the bench would be shocked to see something dressed in a cloak standing next to her. Raven was about as inconspicuous as an orange in a bowl of apples. Yet what she was surprised at was how the pony fell off the bench in terror! Well there was no sense in keeping herself secret any longer.

"Um... hi?" she said, pulling back her hood to reveal her black and dark blue head, "Are you ok?"

Plume slid to a halt, the somepony she was scared by had revealed their face, and she didn't feel so terrified anymore. Adjusting her glasses with her hoof, she blinked while trying to look at the figure, before stumbling up on all fours and frantically scrambled to stand in front of her.

"I am, TERRIBLY, sorry! I thought you were really a ghost. I must have made you feel offended..." she took a breath, adjusting her glasses again, "But..may I ask, why are you wear clothes? It's actually pretty warm out tonight!.." she rambled, not bothering to pay attention if her new acquaintance was listening or not.

Mindheart was trotting down the road in the deep blue night with Honey his owl perched on his back. He only walked in the night because of the quiet environment and the night air is always nicer than the morning ... well in his opinion. Mindheart while in he was in his stroll he noticed a dark figure in the sky and soon after he heard a loud shriek of fear and he galloped quickly toward the source of the sound and the dark figure seemed to have met a pony. Mindheart hid around the corner after noticing a rather cute pony ... the glasses didn't help his situation... still not a pretty as princess Luna or miss Rarity but still pretty cute and the dark figures face wasn't too shabby either, he couldn't stand without his hooves shaking... so he just stood around the corner to watch and see if his legs would recover.

Hushed Star sighed as she trotted quietly through the dark and quiet streets. This wasn't her preferred time of day and it certainly didn't help that she hadn't found a nice place to lodge for the night. A breeze of air hit her coat and she shivered from nervousness and the cold. Calm down, it'll be fine. You'll find a nice pony to speak to and find a place to sleep...I hope, she thought to herself anxiously. Suddenly as she turned a corner she noticed a pony standing by a corner, seemingly shaken up.

BINGO! she thought with a smile.

Hush recklessly galloped to the pony and then...BANG!

She tripped over a stone and tumbled right into the poor stallion. So much for smooth...

The mare suddenly let out a barrage of apologies and explanation at Raven who merely stared at her curiously. She wondered if all ponies were like the one in front of her, so timid and apologetic.

"That is ok. I'm kind of used to some ponies getting scared of me... because of well... not being a pony. I guess that's why I wear this cloak, although I think it does more bad than good. I'm Raven by the way, Raven Duskwing. What's your name?"

As she waited for the mare to respond and how she pondered the fact that this was perhaps the most open she had been in.... forever, another mare suddenly bolted out of nowhere and collided with a stallion!

"Is this something ponies do, trip and fall or collide into other ponies?" she said to no pony in particular as she went over to check on the two, keeping an eye on the mare who was now back on her hooves.

HkE3jpf.png

What a night, what a night! Sparkling, inky swirls in the night sky made a fantastic backdrop for the full moon, which was shining bright enough to light up the path before the coffee-hued mare who was bopping along on her merry way. Riff Run, the energetic and unforgettable jazz pony extraordinaire, couldn’t have chosen a better time to get out and stretch her legs!

Well, maybe that wasn’t the right choice of words…as a jazz-singin’ vagabond, Riff Run was always stretching her legs. The only difference tonight was that she was walking just for the fun of it, without any care for a destination! Be that as it may, however, her rhythmic steps soon swept her right into Ponyville, a town she hadn’t stumbled upon in quite some time! Now, with the full moon shining high in the sky and the owls a’hootin’, Riff didn’t expect many ponies to be up and about, but it seemed as though she was very wrong. Fun!

Super-duper-sneakily, she crept behind a bush to survey the scene and decide on an entrance. The singer narrowed her golden eyes, peering out on the scene, waiting for her moment…but her moment was slipping away! A sneaky-scary birdbrain (whom Riff identified as a gryphon immediately considering her large talons and shiny beak!) terrified a jittery pony who apparently didn’t care much for her eyesight as she was straining her eyeballs really hard writing by moonlight. Right after that, there was another pony collision off in the distance! The energy was up, but it would cool down quickly enough one the awkward gathering of ponyfolk and featherfriend squeaked out their apologies and started socializing. It was now or never!

Grinning madly, Riff Run dashed out onto the scene and struck a pose, rising onto her back legs and waving her forehooves over her head to a rhythm only she could heard.

“She saaaaaaaaaaaid,” she began to sing, before rushing up to the awkward collision of stallion and mare, wrapping her forelegs around their shoulders and pulling them into a sway.

“I’m no genius and I’ve lost myself!

The books are on the table and the secret’s on the shelf!”

She danced over to the featherbrain and the bespectacled mare as she sang her second line, bringing their faces to hers and squishing them all together as she tried to pull them into a dance.

“And it’s one time, keep it slow, wind them up and here we go!

Get it right today and you may still be here tomorrow!”

Riff Run danced away, standing under the moon like it was her spotlight and belting out her rich, silky voice while she swayed and tapped her black hooves on the ground.

“Some said she was saintly, to some she was a swinger!

Me I only knew her as an acid jazz singer, come on!”

With a final flourish, Riff Run the extraordinary jazz mare brandished a hoof towards her makeshift audience, signalling that it was their turn to sing!

In case you're interested in hearing the tune Riff Run's belting out, here it is!

Hush looked up into the eyes of a pony who seemed slightly amused with her fumble into the stallion. Studying the 'mare' a bit closer, she was a bit frightened to notice that it was a griffin! She was wearing a cape and looked particularly mysterious silhouetted against the night sky. It also seemed that a shy and bespectacled pony was behind her and that they were all just happening to convene here. Perhaps because of this one griffin? Hush wasn't one to always believe in coincidence but maybe tonight...maybe this was planned somehow! Whatever the case, Hush figured she'd better climb off this poor stallion and answer the mysterious she-griffin in front of her.

Hush began to write a response when suddenly a singing mare came out of nowhere and startled her half to death. She began dancing and twirling and singing a rather jazzy tune, that brought an amused smile to Hush's face. She'd love to sing along but her current condition and status of silence prevented that so she simply untangled herself from the stallion. Nodded him a sincere apology, quickly removed her pen and notebook, wrote down an introduction for everyone, and waved her hoof in greeting, beaming with joy.

"Hi! You can all call me Hush! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances. I don't say much but I do love to write!"

Plume shyly went to pick up her notebook she had so left fall gracefully on the ground, and put it in her saddlepack. She felt nervous when there were suddenly many ponies around in a matter of a few minutes. Plume's ears perked up, when she heard the mention of "writing" coming from a peachy-colored unicorn, and she almost galloped to stand by her side with twinkling eyes.

"Oh! What a COINCIDENCE! I love writing too! Do you write professionally or on your spare time? oooh, I've never met another writing pony, it's so NICE to meet you!"

she bursted at the speed of light, then she quickly blushed and stepped back, looking to the ground on her side. "I'm sorry, I've got way too much energy at night..." Plume adjusted her glasses calmly, before looking around her surrounding and asking:

"Where did YOU all come from?"

Mindheart was startled by a sudden crash upon another pony ... and OF COURSE it HAD to be another female... he blushed as he got a good look at the girls face and just remembered about the girls he had previously been watching ... "****!!" he thought. When he turned around he was startled that the griffon whom was in the cloak earlier had made a movement closer and before he could react a golden mare jumped out of a bush and started singing with such a beautiful voice and dancing with such grace...."I would've never expected so much activity at night" he thought again. Honey whom had previously been perched on his back and had been knocked off by the collide had perched on his back again however staring at the crash causer with her big wide eyes of indeterminate emotion... The pony with the glasses had come closer as well and spoke "Where did you all come from? she asked and he immediately bowed his head low as if bowing to a royal and blushed "I like to take walks at night ... it's rather peaceful and the view as it turns from day to night as well as night to day are amazing ... and there are also views and beauties in the night that i enjoy as well..." he said looking up at his new acquaintances with hopeful eyes in both for acceptance and hoping that what he said didn't sound bad and would give him positive reactions.

The bespectacled and rather excited pony startled Hush a bit but afterwards brought a smile to her face. She seemed nice enough and had enough energy to bounce off the walls. She also liked writing. That was a start since Hush liked books. Was this the start of a new friendship? Hush hoped that it was.

I actually like books more than I do writing because it takes me more places than I could ever go on these four hooves of mine. Plus, I get pretty bored of writing since that's all I ever use to speak.Oh, and you asked about my being here? I needed a place to stay for the night. Currently my abode is the streets. My train got here late and it's uh, it's a long story. Anypony know a nice place to stay?

Hush then turned, noticing the only male pony in the group was beginning to stir and smiled. Why so shy? Were they all really that imposing or was it just that he was jumpy and overly polite? No, that didn't seem all the way right. He was a little awkward but kinda nice and...not too hard on the eyes either. Should she introduce herself? Maybe apologize since she ran full speed into him. Well, he did just bow so should she bow back? Hush sighed, rubbed her head for a moment with her hooves hoping it would clear her mind, and retrieved her notepad once again. She got rather flustered with male ponies.

Hi there! If you didn't see the note I made, I'm Hush! And you are...?

Plume had taken a step back, keeping her front hoof upwards at the politeness of the colt, before smiling, "O-oh you don't need to bow! It is nice to meet you both! My name is Plume."

she said, before adjusting her ever falling glasses again with her hoof.

Her ears had lowered themselves shyly, "I am glad we have similar tastes miss Hush, I would help you find a place to stay, but my house is just so messy... I would be embarrassed to make you stay in such a jungle!" she had exclaimed nervously, as she sat down.

Plume dug out a copy of one of her titles, "Mysteries Follow" from her bag, "I hope you don't mind reading a short story I have written, since you like ...well reading! It's for free" she smiled, she didn't feel too good advertising her novels, but since she had the chance to get a reader, she had taken the opportunity.

"Hello, Miss Hush, Miss Plume. All is well Miss Hush, you meant no harm I'm sure," He said trying not to sound like a snooty pony as he raises his head "and in response to you Miss Plume of course I have to it is only right in causing such a stir in your night as wonderful as this." still feeling uncomfortable and blushing as he is in the presence of some cute and pretty looking ponies. As he said these things he noticed that everyone had been ignoring the beautifully feathered griffon that had been studying and standing in the vicinity the entire time. "And my i know your name?"

• 2 weeks later...

The sound of somepony singing nearby startled Raven as she turned to see a mare signing and dancing. She seemed to not care about the way she looked among her fellow pony group and she seemed to enjoy herself doing so.

"Your singing is... nice. I guess you like to sing and dance in front of others."

Her attention was drawn to a pony who was feverishly writing something down on a notepad. Strangely every other pony on the street seemed to speak except for her. Raven hoped that she could hear hear even if the pony couldn't or wouldn't want to speak.

"Hello Hush. Nice to meet you as well. I can see you like to write. I guess I like to as well, but maybe reading more than writing."

A pony wearing glasses asked where everypony came from, something the black griffon wanted to know as well seeing it a strange sight with a fairly large crowd of ponies out.

"I came from the sky, literally. I live in a place... what was it's name? Oh, right, Cloudsdale. I just moved there a week ago to see for myself what I heard about back home and about all of you. It is a nice night here with the stars out here. Are most nights like this? Oh and my name? It's Raven Duskwing, but Raven is fine too."

"Hello, Miss Raven." Dravocn bows again "No, actually, the nights are actually a lot calmer than this. Does this disturb you? I could leave if you like, and leave you all to talk among yourselves if you want." Dravocn said while looking up at the griffon earnestly.

Archived