A lady and her musician (Closed, Neo and QuickLime)

NeoExlucky

Octavia's house was very large. It was made of white marble that was polished to a shine everyday. The roof was a cloudy grey, and the door to the house was ash black. It looked like a very boring, and average house, but on the inside, that was where things were different. The walls and floor were colored bright colors, such as pink, yellow, orange, and red. There were pictures of friends and family all around, awards that were set up on tables, and several red furniture pieces, such as chairs and a couch, were set up around a fire place that held several pieces of artwork on the mantle. Octavia was adjusting her bow tie and pacing back and forth, waiting for a friend of hers to arrive. She met her in ponyville, and had several different encounters with the mare. She was excited for her to arrived, she couldn't wait to tell her everything that she was going to do, and possibly even invite the mare to come with her on some of her adventures, but now she needed to be patient and wait.

• 2 weeks later...

PinkLadybanner_zpseca0bb72.jpg

Lady absolutely adored finery! The sight of the other's home however was enough to make her feel...weak in the knees as Octavia lived in a beautiful, s****y home in the classiest part of Canterlot! And Lady lived on a farm in Solstice Heights! She didn't know how to look, or dress, or act for that matter, as she arrived in a simple yellow straw hat with a sky blue ribbon, and a spray of babies breath jutting out of the band of it.

She stood there frozen, staring up at the door, perhaps she should go now and save herself the embarrassment, but then figured...if she was good enough for Octavia, she was certainly good enough for the rest of Canterlot! Taking a deep breath she knocked on the other's door three times, waiting to be allowed in, green eyes sparking with determination! This Earth Pony was just as classy, and elegant, and graceful as any Canterlot Unicorn...!

Well most of them anyways, she had glanced to the side and had noticed a rather snobby unicorn walk right into a lamp post...

THAT made her crack a bit of a giggle.

Octavia opened the door, and with a very large grin, greeted Lady pleasantly. "Oh Lady, do come in dear, please. I've been waiting for you...that is to say, I have not been waiting for you exactly, I knew you were coming but I...uh..." She stopped herself from any further embarrassment and gave a large sigh. "What I mean to say is I'm very glad you've come to see me, won't you come inside?"

Noticing Lady's giggle, she turned to the sidewalk and saw a particular unicorn rubbing his head as though he had just run into something, and that something was obviously the lamp post that not had a bit of a dent in it. "Oh that Kokiri, always getting himself hurt at every possible turn. He's a bit of an art snob you know, but he's also a klutz. He's possibly the most accident prone pony I've ever met. Well maybe not more than that blonde pegasus we met in the running of the leaves, but very close to it."

• 1 month later...

The moment Lady made eye contact her entire FACE flushed a bright pink, ooh Octavia got more amazing each time she laid eyes on her...Lady moved to clear her throat and came inside, giggling at the other's joke "I apologize for keeping you waiting, had a last second chore...and haha! I'm sure nobody is quite as...accident prone as Derpy, but Derpy is a darling she really, truly is.."

Lady took a moment to inspect the other's home, with gradually widening eyes "Ooh Octavia your home is absolutely stunning!" And the feeling in Lady's stomach increased, she could never invite Octavia to her little farm, it would be so drab and uncivilized, squalor after bathing in this splender.. "I..I brought you something!"

Octavia smiled as she looked over the room in her house, her thoughts dwelling on some of her friends that had mentioned how nice her house was. Honestly she didn't think it was that extravagant. Sure it did look nice, but Octavia had seen many houses that were big and beautiful. Ones decorated with flowers, books, and portraits. Those were the nice ones. Heck, she had even seen one house where someone had grown a plant into a chair.

"Hm? For me." Octavia said, she held back a stiff chuckle as she saw Lady's flushed face. "Lady, you certainly didn't have to! I mean, I invited you here, you shouldn't have." The cellist said as she checked around the other mare. Octavia loved presents.

Lady moved to open her saddle bag with her mouth, inside the bag she pulled out a jar shaped like an apple, the inside of it was pink due to the jam inside it, and it was the most perfect shade of pink as well! It was corked off with a bit that looked like a stem, and it had a single green jewel leaf, "Here you are, this is my very special Pink Lady Apple Jam..reserve...it is the best of the best and I made it just before I came here, I think you will find it to be the finest jam available...and.." She reached on the other side, opening the other compartment, pulling out a bundle that was wrapped in a pink and white checkered cloth, sitting it beside the glass bottle of Jam on the table "And some of my fresh apple cinnamon bread to enjoy it with"

Lady felt so ...bumpkin offering her such country faire.. "I hope you like it Octavia.."

• 5 weeks later...

"Oh, lady, you shouldn't have!" Octavia called, throwing her hooves around her friend. Octavia had a love of sweets, especially jam. She looked over at the jam, her eyes hovered hungrily at it. Octavia sure was hungry, and a little...ahem...date...wouldn't be too much of a bad idea right now. Though where would she place this date? She remembered a historian friend of hers mention that there was a little hill nearby that many couples used as a romantic area. Octavia figured that it just might be the place where she could be alone with her friend.

She turned to the closet, throwing on a saddle bag and stuffing the blanket and the jar into her bag. "Come on, I know the perfect place for this." She trotted out the door and made for the hills near the outskirts of Canterlot.

• 3 weeks later...

Lady's face went a light pink at the hug, which she happily returned "Oh but it was my PLEASURE Octavia dearest!" She assured her! And followed after her -blush- date.... Oh this was so exciting...Though Lady suddenly realized they were heading towards Solstice heights...provided Octavia didn't want to stop at the Pink Lady Orchard then Lady could not embarass herself by revealing herself to be a close, nearby bumpkin...

Archived