Pony heritage

TwoBits

Along with Nightflight, I have another character I've been slowly developing in my head over the last couple months, this one most likely destined for Canterlot Chronicles rather than World of Equestria. I don't think I'll be actually posting her form for a while yet, not until I've had a while to RP with Nightflight and get in the stride of things, but I do have a potential concern about her heritage that I'd like to seek a higher-up's view on.

Thus far Crystal Clear is shaping up to be a unicorn, albeit one with ancient traces of crystal pony lineage. I figure that there would have been trade going on between the Crystal Empire and other Equestrian settlements way, way, way WAY back ages ago before King Sombra's curse took the place out and wiped it from historical memory for as long as it did, and the crystal pony heritage would have introduced itself into Clear's family during that old time of peaceful mingling. In Crystal Clear's generation the genes have lessened out to where any effect they might have, if there is any, is very minor (she's not going to be a profound magic prodigy or suddenly evolve into a crystal alicorn or anything) and at most will only subtly influence her personality and the nature of her magic talent. In fact, it's not even something she herself would be aware of without some EXTREME digging into geneology and family trees; such a search might not even turn anything up without a direct trip to the Crystal Empire archives, and even then she'd need a solid reason or motive for wanting to confirm such a thing if the suspicion ever did come up.

Would this be acceptable within established RP lore and the CC boundaries? I'm aware that it may seem a bit overly special and snowflake at first glance, but I really do intend to try and keep it as an interesting but non-life changing surprise detail to provide a bit of insight into why her specific talent and nature is what it is, with only some chance of ever coming up IC.

A question like this probably belongs in the Questions board, as I assume you wanted an official answer from someone on staff regarding this. And honestly, yes, as long as you aren't proposing that this character have the sheen effect a crystal pony does at all times (since she's a unicorn), I don't see why she can't have some thrownback relation to a crystal pony. It should work in either WoE or CC, in my opinion. Other staff members may have differing opinions, but I feel like this is a relatively safe character "twist."

Ah, good point. Perhaps I'll see if I can put in a request to have this moved there, to avoid a double-posting. And nah, she's pretty much just going to be like any other ordinary unicorn appearance-wise; no perma-sheen here.

Then, really, there should be no problems with a unicorn having a little crystal pony heritage. It'd be just like the Cake twins. They're related to earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Archived