Pony Horizon (Open)

Harv0kz

Based on the anime "Log Horizon", but with ponies., if you couldn't guess.

Rules:

• You are not a member the Debauchery Tea Party, a guild member, or anything with high-fame. This is to stop you from yapping about your fame and suddenly having your guild give you things.
  • Please be reasonable. You are not a level 100 (as of new expansion) who has run Tartarus five times without breaking a sweat. At highest, I suggest you're level 70 with a reasonable skillset of your liking, and some appropriate gear.
  • OCs only. Even the game here has OCs only.
  • Please, for Celestia's sake, write at the minimum the equivalent of a paragraph, or something with substance. I will and do not tolerate one liners.
  • The world is pretty much this map (non-official as to relate to an entire world, rather than a region).
  • Keep a posting order, so that when it comes to your turn, you will have much to write about. Only interject when you need to.
  • I will control major monsters and NPCs. With an iron hoof.
  • Have fun!

On with the show:

Elder Tale. The hit mmo played throughout the entire world. Using the Half-Gaia Project, the world as we knew it, was replicated in half-scale, providing a large world area, where just playing in a different region meant encountering different cultures and lore. With a variety of roles to play, and a large world to explore, it was a game which was easy to play, but hard to master. Over the years since Elder Tale had entered beta, many guilds have risen and fallen, milestones conquered, and legends forged among the community.

When the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and the following "Brony" community came out, it was no surprise that Elder Tale would be in some way intertwined with the show. First came the increasing players, then, a group of expert programmers managed to take the core mechanics of the game, and add ponies into it. The Half-Equestria world which resulted from this. With the help of the community's many talented artists, writers, and modellers, a world is created that merges the best of both My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Elder Tale. Renamed Equestria Tale, the game was easy embraced by veterans to the original game, and new players within the brony community.

With multiple expansions every season of the show, the latest major one, Return to Canterlot, saw an explosion of content from Season four. But when users logged in after the update, they found themselves trapped. 30,000 players found themselves trapped within the world, within their ponysonas. Now, they must thrive and adapt to their new world, in the hopes that they will be able to return to the real world, somehow.

Wha-... Where am I?

His eyes opened to a blurry sight with some light glaring into his eyes. As they adjusted to the new world, he noticed that it was green. Vines, bushes, grass, and old abandoned buildings. There were some smaller houses, but those seemed to be different, as they were made of wood, and had a less modern feel to it. Ponies walked around minding their own businesses, but then there were some who also seemed to have just come to. Getting up on his two- Wait, four!? Lifting his hands, he could see that they were hooves. Looking down at himself, he could see that he had the body of a pony. What happened? Why am I my Ponysona from Pony Tale? Thinking back, he remembered that he had just woken up that day to download the latest expansion for Pony Tale, an bootleg adaptation of Elder Tale. With Ponies. The last thing he remembered was selecting his main character, Warp Sign, and that was it.

Getting up on his... hooves was disorienting at first. But after a few tries, he managed a small walk. Accidentally gesturing with his hoof, he opened up his menu. Selecting his stats screen, it was time to refresh on his skills. He was a Summoner that specialized as a Elementalist, embracing his favourite element of fire. Level 50, low HP, high Mana, large assortment of ready to use offensive spells. Alchemy, and some pretty impressive gear. Checking the friends list, he saw some on, but most were off. Sighing, he managed to walk into a large open area. The square in front of the Guild Building! Players, just like Warp Sign, were voicing their outrage and anger at their situation, while others were dreaded and were saddened by their predicament.

But Warp Sign did not interact with that crowd. Instead of being irrational, and treating the situation like a doomsday situation, it was better to figure out how to escape. Unfortunately, his knowledge from books was limited, being more an alchemist, rather than a scribe. For now, his solution, was to just sit and wait, until either one of his friends messaged him, or the crowd dispersed, and someone was ready to take charge and move the group into a more productive state.

"Ridiculous. Aren't we, before we called this a game, but now, we run scared." He muttered to himself, and turned and began walking towards one of the Pony of land inns, where he could get out of the bigger crowds for a while,and maybe pick up one or two things as he found out what was going on.

Archived