Rainbow Falls Trading Time(See OOC and apply before joining.)

The Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange. A place where ponies, griffons, and even the Diamond Dog or two come far and wide to trade in nick knacks, paddiwacks and odds and baubles. From two head dogs, to autographed books to Discord lamps, if there is an item you are looking for, chances are you could find it here. And all the cost is but a simple trinket of equal or greater value.

The Exchange was even hosted by a princess to act as Mediator, and this time it would be the esteemed and beautiful Princess Celestia over seeing the Exchange and see to it that all trades were fair and equal. And this time the event seemed livelier then before. All manner of stands and stalls were erected, from exotic animals to fast food stands.

For one particular family of traders, a group of four griffons, they were already out and ready, carrying saddle bags and even a covered cart full of things to trade.

"Oh this is so exciting!" One little grifflet, Glimmer, said, as she hopped about. Her big purple bow bouncing with each jump. She pulled a small cart filled with an assortment of dolls and dresses, "I'm so glad you took me with you mommy."

An older griffonness, Glemmer, adorned in a fine white sun hat looked down at her daughter, "Well I figured it would be a good place to trade away some of your old belongings, and we haven't had the chance to spend some time together as a family for once. A shame your other brothers couldn't attend."

"Oh well. At least Daddy and Razor are here. Oh I can't wait to see what I can get for my old doll collection." Glimmer said with a smile.

"Well they say you can find almost anything here. So go out and look, just don't wander too far now. There are a lot of ponies and griffons about and I don't want you getting lost, try to keep either myself, your father or brother in eye sight if you can." Glemmer said slightly worried.

Glimmer nodded, "I will." Glimmer said before turning to go and find something to trade for.

Glemmer smiled and turned to her son, "Razor. Be a dear and go with her, at least to make sure she is near your vicinity. Goodness knows she can get rather carried away when excited."

Razor, a griffon that surprisingly stood shorter then his mother, or even a full grown griffon, despite himself being full grown, nodded as he grunted to pull a mid sized cart.

"Sure thing." Razor said, grunting again as he pulled his cart and followed after his sister.

Glemmer smiled as she watched her children go off, then looked to her husband; who stood at least twice as tall as an average griffon. A giant among the gathered traders.

"Oh come along dear. I think I see some new fabrics I can trade some of my old designs for." Glemmer said, taking her husband by the talon and pulling him along.

The large griffon simply smiled and let his wife drag him along silently.

------------

As Glimmer and Razor moved through the crowds, Glimmer stopped and looked at her brother struggling to pull his cart.

"Hey Razor. What are you trying to get here that requires you to pull something obviously too heavy for you?" She asked, tilting her head confused.

Razor stopped and growled, 'By too heavy she means too small to pull with ease.' He thought, taking a deep breath, "What am I trading? I'm glad you asked."

Razor removed himself from the cart and pulled back the sheet covering it. Glimmer walked over and stood on her back legs to see what was inside. It was records. Dozens or hundreds of records, each inside a case with wild and at times very abstract cover art. There was even a guitar, and two drum sticks and a t-shirt.

"Rush? Whats that?" Glimmer asked as she lifted a record to look at the title.

Razor was immediately in his sisters face, taking the record from her talon, "You don't know of Rush?!

Glimmer shook her head, slightly scared. Razor face clawed and started speaking really fast, "Rush is practically one of the greatest rock bands ever to exist in the entire history of griffon kind! They're are literal god kings of music! Why their very drummer, Steel Perch, is probably the greatest drummer in the history of drums! There is literally no better drum!" Razor declared loudly, slamming a talon onto the cart side as his eyes started to get a little crazy.

"What I have here are but extra pieces of a near perfect collection of every album they have ever made! I have practically every album they've made, even the rare and no longer sold Caress of Steel! Even in their old age they still continue to push out music and play concerts with golden age purity! I first saw them when I was your age, and I've been going to every concert or band battle they have participated in!"

Razor set the record back into the cart, his breathing quickening. Glimmer's eyes were wide as she tried to inch away, but was caught by her brother again.

"And...somewhere...in this very exchange, lays the only record I have not been able to find! The rare, extremely valuable, and extremely collectable Golden Record Album! They've only ever made ten of them. Of that ten only seven were ever released to the public, of that seven only four are known to be in either a collection or music hall of fame! And I have heard from a reliable source, under the possible fury of my wrath, that there is somepony here that has this album and may very well trade it. If I'm lucky he doesn't even know its true value, otherwise why would he or she trade it! And I'm gonna get. I'm gonna get it, even if it kills me!"

With that Razor got the cart back onto his back and ran off into the crowds, this time not having trouble pulling his cart.

Glimmer stood there, eyes wide and beak slightly open. She blinked, and turned to see where her bro ran off to before saying, "I think my brother went crazy...."

• 2 weeks later...

The Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange! One of Java's favorite times of the year! A place where he can hock off all of his unwanted junk onto poor smucks, and clear up space in his home! And even a place where he can finally trade some valuables for another of equal or much greater value! Why, the reasoning behind prices can be absolutely outrageous! A broken pen for a series of timeless books! A sword that points the wrong way for six kilos of gold! Or a children's toy top for a house! The trade didn't have to be of equal value or trade. It was weather or not the traders got what they wanted in exchange of what they didn't want! Sometimes, a trade could be a hard bargin, but that was part of the craze and madness.

And here he was, once again setting up his beautiful, and all to familiar walk in tent. The sort of tent a roaming trader would use in a bizarre. Though the exact location that Java had picked it up from escapes him, all he could remember was it was purchased for quite a handsome price in Usslyai. He had picked it up because he found it's design rather interesting, durable, and functional. The exotic coloration was only and added bonus, but also brought the charm to it's maximum peak!

He had rugs layed out along with another few pillows for the pony to rest on when business was going slow. Collapsible shelves were built up and placed along the sides of the tent's walls. And stock piling these shelves were an interesting array of items! All well organized of course.

From boxes full of records, to Antique clocks from a past time that Java never stripped for their components! A collection of mint condition comics. Damaged enchanted items! Even some of Java's own designs and eventions! Puzzle boxes, and Puzzle Chests for those who wants a security measure more secure than your standard lock safe. House hold decorative items! And much much more in the back of this tent. There was even jewelry in a display box the pony obtained in the middle of a trade from his last tending, but failed miserably to get rid of such junk. Though it was something that Java absolutely found no value in, it was advertised as a low trade item with just a single sign hanging above it. All brought with two carts and his cousin, RailGear.

“Alright, RailGear,” Java chimed as he bounced up and down in side his shop. Smelling heavily of coffee as usual. Though this being the beginning of a fresh week, he was much more energetic and giddy than what most ponies would remember him for. “Thanks for the help! Could'nt ave done it without you!”

“Heh, no problem cuz,” RailGear commented proudly. He had his own sack... well chest... no crate. Yes a crate ready on his back. Tied down with thick ropes to help secure it down.

“So.... not to be disrespectin or anything...” Java hummed as he slowly allowed his eyes to wonder up to the crate that was on his back, “what the buck... are you trading? Last I checked, you don't really have a permanent residence.”

“Huh,” Railgear, quiped in an intelligent manner. “Oh this,” he chuckled. Though the chuckle was more like the quivering earth in the middle of an earthquake. “Ah might not have my own home. But I do have my own stuff! And I keep it in a frieght car! Yes sir, I can have nice things too!”

“I didn't say anything about you not being allowed to have nice things... just curious is all. Now... what are you fixin to trade for?”

“A model train,” RailGear said almost immediately, before finally strutting happily outside of the tent.

Java could only give him a baffled expression before he left. “Erm.... ok... simple pleas... aw crud... I don't even know what I want. Welp... I'll think on that later...”

Archived