Slaughter of the Soul (Private) (Hiatus)

A grey pegasus was slowly led into the main throne room of the castle, flanked by several of Luna's guards. He was among the lucky few who had been hand selected by Princess Luna herself and had passed through the trials to become the newest class of the Nightwatch, the elite guardians of the night and defenders of the Night Princess. Soulscream was one of the newest initiates, his skills, intellect and loyalty meeting the expectations that the Nightwatch required. Among the other recruits, he noticed a particular white coated mare. Soul thought he might have recognized her as somepony from the Solar Army. His thoughts were interrupted by the captain of the guards who led them in raising a hoof for silence. "Her Majesty, Princess Luna!" he said loudly.

((Did I get that part about Killjoy right? I only vaguely remember from things you've said from past RPs. Also, I was going to have Luna give a speech accepting the new Nightwatch.))

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((yeah you got it right.))

Killjoy was faced forward, he body locked in attention. Her training in the Solar empire already gave her some advantage over the new recruits. She didn't think that the Captain will mind her as much.

Luna looked at the new recruits and smiled "dear brave ponies...thou hast been selecting becouse thou'rt the top of the class and will be trained to be elite. we will not lie...this training will push thee to thy limits, test thy strength and mental integrity. Not all of thee will make it...We have complete confidence in all of thee but our confidence will not be reason thou will succeed. IF thou thinkst thou hast already lost, then leave." she said pausing looking through the crowd to see if anyone left, but no pony moved. "the training will start tomorrow morning, Captain take them to their barracks."

The captain nodded as the recruits were ushered away. Soul just happened to be walking alongside the white mare. He had noticed she had been previously scarred in what he assumed was older conflicts. "I guess you've seen your share of battle, huh?"

Killjoy looked at the Stallion talking to him."I have...1,000 wounds in my memory...and 1,000 more are to come." she said in an emotionless tone. some soldiers looked at killjoy and started whispering to each other. "why is Killjoy in the Nightwatch...wasn't she a high officer in the Solar army?" Killjoy heard them talking and glanced at them to shut up and they did exactly that.

Soul raised an eyebrow at Killjoy's intimidating glare. "It also seems like ponies know you, and fear you for that matter. I can respect that. What is a good warrior if they cannot strike fear?"

Killjoy just huffed "you don't know the have of it..." she said walking faster to get away from the Stallion, she had nothing to say to him, nor cared about his questions.

A Stallion walked up to Soul. "I would steer clear from that mare...She's a good soldier, I served under her throughout the last war we had. But what she does would make even the bravest of ponies wet themselves without her even trying. I'm still haunted by the memories of her atrocities. It's like she was reborn from a soul that even hell would not take...she makes Sombra look like a kitten in comparison. She is truly a monster and something not to poke at." he said shivering at the thoughts of her previous actions.

"Interesting, it makes me wonder how she would hold up in my horseshoes." Soul said to the soldier. "I was raised in hell. Only two short years ago I left the Lunar Republic. I was bred to be a demon, a tormentor, a weapon. I know that one day they will rise again...and it will be the bloodiest war Equestria has ever seen." He watched the mare leave. "I think the two of us will be the best of friends." He said is a snarky tone. "Who is she anyway?"

The soldier raised an eyebrow, he couldn't imagine anyone as cruel and violent as Killjoy. "no one knows her real name...she never told anyone. After seeing what she does, the soldiers gave her the name Killjoy. She's known for taking a knife and putting into burning coals making the blade red hot, and when she doesn't like how a prisoner behaves...she would drive the knife into their eyes and leave it there until the knife cooled. And that's when she is in a good mood." he said crossing his arms. "Lord only knows what happens on a bad day."

Soul gave a haunting smirk. "She sounds like she'd be right at home in the Republic's interment camps. In fact, I swear I heard a similar procedure done to a griffon once." Soul said, opening his door and entering his room, not giving the soldier a chance to respond.

The soldier sighed. "you've been warned." he said quietly as he walked off.

Killjoy was about to enter her room when a guard approached her. "Ma'am Princess Luna has asked for you." he said. Killjoy nodded and followed the guard. She walked into Luna's room and bowed. "you called Princess?" she asked. Luna smiles "yes, we understand that thou hast served my sister. Celestia spoke highly of you and was greatly saddened when thou decided to join the Nightwatch. Commander...um it does not have a name, only a word written in a crude handwriting, Killjoy. Doeseth thou not have a rel name?' she asked. Killjoy sighed "names are unimportant in war." she answered. Luna looked at Killjoy "that is a shame...because I command thee to give me your name." she ordered. Killjoy paused "...Red Veil is my name Princess." she said. Luna smiled "Red Veil, waste of a perfectly good name. Tell us Red Veil, I have numerous papers saying your methods in battle and handling prisoners are the most cruel. So we find ourselves curios on why my sister even kept you in her army." she said. Killjoy looks at Luna "because I think she understood on doing anything possible to get the job done Princess and I think she knew that I would rather meet death than betray your Sister." she replied. Luna nodded "a fine answer indeed.Thou knows exactly what to say apparently. We must admit, after going through thine papers, we thought of you as a grizzled, war torn and battered mare. but thou take us by surprise. what does a mare with a face like yours...doing in the Military?" she asked. Killjoy paused for a bit, she didn't really expect a compliment or the question but finally straightened up. "Because I was raised in the Military, mother died giving birth to me and Father tossed me aside. A Captain of the Royal army took me in and here I am.." she answered. Luna smirked "thou'rt interesting Red Veil, we must say that we are intrigued." she said. Killjoy still stood there with her face showing nothing. "Thank you princess... but is there something else you called me in for?" she asked. Luna nodded "yes, we understand that thou'rt fond of armor and a greatsword. We think that the training will be nothing to thee...but it must be done, Our Captain is planning on retiring soon, thou will be trained in being the new leader of the Watch too. So we have had the Blacksmith forge for thee, thine own armor and sword to represent thy status once your training is complete." she said giving one her guards a nod. The guard nodded and pulled off the large piece of cloth off the stand to reveal Dark red armor mixed with Black on the sides and hinges,the metal work of the armor gave it a dragon like look. Next to the armor was a Zweihander greatsword. killjoy looked at the armor...she couldn't think of anything more perfect. Luna laughed "We see that thou likes thine gift, it will be thine once you replace the Captain. Thou may go now, get some rest for tomorrow. Killjoy gave another bow "thank you Princess" she said as she left for her room.

((MY HANDS!!!))

Soon another guard entered the throne room, carrying a file with him. "Your highness, do you have a moment? I must ask you about one of our Nightwatch recruits."

"I understand that you hoofpick all of the Nightwatch recruits, but one of the ones you selected is a little bit concerning. This...Soulscream, have you read his file? He came from the Republic and isn't very mentally stable, it could be a problem in the future." The guard said, looking over Soul's file.

Luna just smiled "there is no need to concern thyself, we have chosen a pony to lead our recruits in the training. Their recruit leader is someone thou should know by the name of Killjoy. We thinkst it to be the best way to handle such a savge thing, don't thee agree?" she asked

"I don't mean to question your decisions, Princess, it's just that I feel like a few of the ponies you have selected are too much of a liability. What's to say that Killjoy or Soul or some of the others couldn't have some sort of breakdown and lose themselves in battle? It could harm us more than help us." The guard said.

"thou forget we picked the ones with the aptitude of war and battle. These ponies are the only that seem fit for such difficult tasks. We do not worry about Killjoy, she has fought in a war before so she will know exactly what to expect. Thou has a point granted, but there is only one way to find out if thy theory is correct. For all we know these ponies could mean the difference survival and destruction of our kingdom. We for one will not take the risk of dooming our kingdom over a doubt." Luna said "besides...we thinkst that an intimidating leader such a Killjoy will keep the ponies in check."

((this RP is pretty much a back story. it is mostly about Killjoy and Soulscream and pretty much how Killjoy became captain and Luna's lover and blah blah history stuff.

((Yeah, no offense Magic, but I kinda made this just for me and Killjoy. From what I understand your character is really young, and this is in the past when even Killjoy and Soul are young so Magic would not even be useful. Sorry man.))

"If you think they will work out, then I won't question your wisdom, princess." The guard said, bowing and exiting the room.

The next morning, Soul stood with the other recruits as a large earth pony stood before them. "Welcome to your first elite Nightwatch training, children. I am Warhammer, the current battlemaster, and I'm here to see if you have the stomach to be the most elite of the elite, or if you're just here to waste my time." he barked, causing a few of the recruits to shudder. He stopped and glared at Killjoy. "Did you get lost, little filly?" he said loudly to her. "This isn't a place for you, you might get your mane messy!"

some of the soldiers looking down over the walls started to snicker at the Battlemaster. Killjoy looked at the Stallion yelling "little filly...is that the best you got Battlemaster? I didn't crawl through hell and blood to get talked down to by kitten trying to act like a soldier. The only thing little is your manhood, I can tell by the way you act." she replied coldly. "Maybe it is you who don't belong anywhere."

Warhammer reared back and punched Killjoy in the face, knocking her to the ground. "Little filly has a mouth it seems. You'll go first then, show me you can back up your words." He said, stepping over to the combat ring and drawing a massive warhammer.

((This is not an easy fight, Killjoy may be strong but she's not Nightwatch strong yet.))

((well she has to keep the badass attitude. She's a tough Mare.))

Killjoy laughed "that was good, Battlemaster...you should feel special." she said getting up and wiping the blood from her lip. She then took a greatsword from the weapons rack. Killjoy gripped the handle tightly nad walked over to where the Battlemaster was. "Ready to go cupcake."

((You can be a badass, doesn't mean you'll always win. This is an elite veteran of the Nightwatch against a new recruit, she needs a little bit of a stiff challenge. lol))

Warhammer yawned. "Ladies first. And do hurry, I have better things to do than waste my time with you pathetic lot."

Archived