Slaughter of the Soul (Private) (Hiatus)

"I'm glad you asked. Watch." Slipknot lit his horn up and a spear of ice formed. He thrusted it through one of the undead's chest, but it simply responded by grabbing it and pulling it out of it's chest, snapping it in half with one hoof. Slipknot fired multiple types of spells at the three, all of which did little to no harm to them. Finally, he drew his blade and hacked off one of it's arms. It looked down at the severed arm and growled, picking it up and holding it to where the arm was cut, a magic energy appearing and sealing the limb back and reattaching it. "They're practically unkillable. Only the most powerful magic can slay them, and no common Canterlot soldier possesses that magic. It would be a challenge for even the princesses to kill them."

"I feel the same way." Soul said as the princesses approached. "Greetings, Nightwatch. How are you feeling, Killjoy?" Celestia asked.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firestorm still wasn't amused "but yet the princesses have the power to kill them...any smart soldier would just slice both arms off and then the head or just kill the source...would you like me to demonstrate?" he asked unsheathing his sword.

Killjoy looked at celestia "ready to get back to the fight and kill something." she answered.

"Go ahead and try." Slipknot said in a snarky tone. "Humor me."

Celestia nodded. "Well, we have use for the four of you. The Republic has been way too quiet lately. Something doesn't feel right. We need you to go into their territory and see what's going on."

((you're going to let him kill one? I guess Slipknot can put it back together.))

Firestorm smirked and readied his sword "that one..." he pointed at Warhammer "let him loose."he said.

Killjoy nodded "anything specific we need to do on this mission or are we just observing?" she asked.

((No, he's not going to kill it. It's going to repair itself and put up a fight and prove to Firestorm that this is a force to be reckoned with))

Slipknot lit his horn up and Warhammer's corpse let out a hellish growl, raising it's massive hammer in the air and beating the ground a few times before approaching Firestorm.

"We heard whispers of the Republic dabbling in dark magic, maybe even necromancy. As you know, necromancy is a capital offense in Equestria, as well as a war crime. If there is any signs of it happening, we need you to find it." Celestia said.

((Firestorm is a hard pony to impress, the undead will prove themselves, but Firestorm want to prove one poiny.))

Firestorm stood his ground and gripped his sword, he already thought of something. If he can't kill it...he will immobilize it.

Killjoy nodded "not really sure what hope we have against necromancy...but it's better than nothing I suppose." she said taking a bow and walking off.

Warhammer growled again and swung his hammer at Firestorm with full force, knocking Firestorm away a few feet. He raised it again to land another strike, hellish noises coming from him the entire time.

"Good luck, Nightwatch." Celestia said before leaving. Soul, Huntress and Phalanx followed Killjoy out.

Firestorm got up and rushed towards Warhammer and made a huge slice into his side and rolled away from him, he need the perfect moment to put his plan into action.

Killjoy was thinking about this job and was getting a bad feeling, she knew the horrors of what necromancy brings and was starting to get concerned. "So what...your little friend Slipknot bringing ponies back from the dead now?" she asked to Soul.

Magic beams formed in the cut as the wound was pulled back together. Warhammer rushed Firestorm again, bashing him with the hilt of the hammer and preparing to hit him with the blunt end again.

"It's starting to look like that. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there may be cold and ruthless ponies in the Republic, but Slipknot is truly evil." Soul said with a sigh.

Firestorm quickly spun and shopped off its legs and kicked them away so Warhammer would have to crawl to them if want his legs back. "I'm starting to come around to these undead buckwits...I say get more, but one thing." He said slicing Warhammer's arms off "make sure they don't come apart this easy...get that fixed and I'll approve of them." he said sheathing his sword and walking off.

Killjoy shook her head "and knowing my brother, he will accept this and probably would want an army of undead soldiers."

"Will do, General." Slipknot said with an evil grin. He looked at the severed body parts of Warhammer's body and reconnected them all with his magic. "We have work to do, my friends." He said to the three, knowing that with Firestorm's approval, he could run wild with his dark magic.

"I think this war just got that much more difficult to win." Phalanx commented.

"I hope you're right." Huntress said as they carried on.

Slipknot continued his work on the undead ponies, carefully adding what magic was needed to make them stronger and more powerful, as well as not easily falling apart.

Firestorm went back into his tent and looked over maps. He had an idea, he thought that the three undead ponies can make a spearhead into Canterlot's defenses. They will act as tanks on the offensive, Firestorm grinned "It might be time for a full assault." he said to himself as he chuckled evily.

"well if all else fails, we would have no choice but to turn to the princesses and if they fail, we must access the elements of harmony in which nothing can stand against that." Killjoy said hoping that she was also right.

Slipknot soon entered the tent looking exhausted. "Firestorm, the three undead have been modified and battle-ready. I've also begun work on more, but I don't have enough corpses to make up a full battalion yet." He said between pants.

"Lets hope it never comes to that." Soul said grimly. "Lets hope that we can find Slipknot before he creates any more abominations."

Firestorm looked at Slipknot "you'll have your corpses, we will attack Canterlot soon...with your experiment at the front. If they die in the field, you will just have hundreds more to replace them." he said with a smirk. "and if all goes according to plan, you might just get my Sister's corpse to be turned into one of your monsters, our victory would truly be assured if we do."

Killjoy sighed "one thig is for certain...we will be tested beyong our limits..."

Slipknot also smirked. "....and Soulscream's as well" he thought. He looked back to Firestorm. "I will prepare them for battle."

"I guess this is what it means to be a Nightwatch. To be elite. The best." Soul said in a faint tone.

Firestorm nodded and turned back to the maps and started to draw out battle plans.

"I just hope being the best is enough to survive such an encounter." Killjoy looking up at the stars "and keep looking up at something so beautiful that reflects the beauty of the pony who makes them..."she whispered to herself.

Slipknot returned to the pit with several Republican soldiers and a few prisoners. Slipknot evilly look down into the out where the three undead were pacing around, growling demonically. "Who's hungry?" He asked and nodded to a guard to grab a prisoner. The prisoner was tossed into the pit where the undead savagely began to devour him.

Soul's ears suddenly perked out at the sound of screams and some sort of growling noise. "Did you hear that?" He asked the group.

Killjoy followed Huntress as she ran along side "I have bad feeling about that growling sound...it isn't any I have ever heard before...It isn't natural." she said in a concerned tone.

The group soon discovered the source of the noise. Soul was shocked to see Slipknot and some guards throwing the last of the prisoners into the pit, followed by horrendous growling sounds and screams of pain. Slipknot noticed the Nightwatch and smiled evilly. "Welcome, friends....."

Archived