Slaughter of the Soul (Private) (Hiatus)

Chaos teleported to the other side of the room to create distance and charge another spell. The dust in the room was still strong, hindering his vision. He saw a shadow of somepony kneeling by Luna. Assuming it was Killjoy, he fired another blast. He was surprised to hear a female voice cry out as the dust cleared to reveal he had struck Celestia on accident. Chaos thought for a moment. "An alicorn was needed....it was not specified who though......Fine, she will do." He said, nodding to the other two unicorns, who charged their horns and disappeared with the wounded Celestia. Chaosweaver looked down at the mortally wounded Warhammer. "Please....help....." he begged Chaos, who simply smirked and turned away. "You aren't worth the time, Warhammer. I'll let your Princess deal with you. I must bid you all farewell, and don't bother following. Consider your Sun Princess dead." With that, he and the remaining unicorns vanished from the city.

Soul and the two recruits burst through the doors, throwing down the corpse of the unicorn that was attacking the training room. "What's going on?" he asked in a loud voice.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the dust cleared, Killjoy stood in front of Warhammer grasping for life. She was covered in magic blast burns and she was bleeding quite a bit through a gash in her side and shoulder. "Didn't I tell you Warhammer...one day...you will be eating the dirt beneath my hooves." she said coldly before side stomping his head into the floor. she looked at Luna who seemed to be unharmed. "Luna..." she said trying to step forward but collapsed. Luna was still in shock of all the events but still could do nothing but to think of Killjoy's courage for protecting her against something she could not win...Killjoy did it because she cared for her. She snapped out of it and got up on her hooves, she had to make plans to get her sister back. Luna walked over to Killjoy "help her." she ordered to Soul and the two with him.

Soul nodded, putting aside his hostility towards Killjoy and scooping her up on his back with the help of the other two with him. They carried her away to an infirmary.

When they got to the infirmary, nurses and Doctors rushed over and took Killjoy from Soul and laid her on one of the beds. The Doctor looked her over "ah yes, she has multiple magic burns and deep gashes in her side and shoulder..." He looked at Soul "It was good of you to get her in here quickly, any longer and I'm afraid she would have lost most of her blood and went into shock from the rest of her wounds. Though it is also a miracle that she even survived such an assault. These wounds make 3rd degree burns look painless... again I say you did well son..." he said putting a hoof on Soul before getting the blood packs and stitching equipment and started to work on Killjoy's gashes.

Soul didn't know how to feel. Normal he could care less if Killjoy was injured, or even dead. She had been nothing but trouble for him ever since he arrived. But for some reason he felt relieved from the doctor's words and from knowing that she would be alright. He nodded and left the room to find the other two Nightwatch standing there. Now that the action was over he could finally get a good look at them, and they were the two ponies that the captains had regarded as the third and fourth best in the class, although that was still a far cry from Soul and Killjoy. "Thank you two for your help. That unicorn had power I've never seen before, I don't think anypony could have killed him alone." he said. "We're glad we could help, my name is Huntress." the earth pony mare replied. "And I'm Phalanx." The unicorn stallion added. "Glad to meet you both. The doctor said she's pretty banged up but she'll be alright."

After order was restored in the throne room, Twilight entered and instantly hugged Luna. "I came as soon as I heard. Are you alright?" she said frantically, relieved that Luna was safe."

"we are, thanks to the Future Captain of the Nightwatch, though we fear for her after all she survived numerous powerful blasts of magic." Luna said with a grim look on her face, she feared for the pony that unnecessarily risked her life just so that she could be safe. "and they took Celestia...our sister is now in danger. We must think of something to get her back."

Twilight thought about it for a minute. She was still young and not very good with matters such as this, but an idea still came to mind. "Well....when she recovers from her wounds, do you think her and the other recruits are ready for a mission?"

Luna sighed "I don't know, it's quite a gamble...But thou may be right." she said thinking for a moment then finally nodding "we have to try."

A random recruit came up to Soul "well did you see it, did you see it happen? the other recruits are saying you were there." he said as other Nightwatch recruits gathered around him.

Soul had a puzzled look on his face. "See what? All I remember is the training room exploding and some powerful unicorn was attacking ponies, so the three of us teamed up and took him down."

"It was mostly you, Soul. We were a distraction." Phalanx said, causing Soul to roll his eyes. "Anyways, once he died we rushed to the throne room and found out what happened. Killjoy was injured defending the princess."

Twilight nodded. "We should do all we can to help Killjoy recover. We'll need her."

The recruit shook his head, "they said you saw Killjoy kill the Battlemaster. Is it true?" he asked and all the others started whispering to each other "I heard she did it out of revenge from the first day and just made it look like Warhammer betrayed Luna." one said "yeah and apparently Luna just went with it because she is picking favorites." another said. "Either way, I don't trust that crazy mare, she'll get us all get if we followed someone like her."

In that moment, something went off in Soul. Something he never thought he would ever feel. "Don't you ever, EVER bucking say that again, you maggots! Warhammer was a coward who let those insane unicorns in and attacked Luna! Killjoy almost died saving her! She's a mare and yet she has more balls that you will ever have! If you ever say those words again, I will personally bash your bucking heads in!" He shouted. Huntress and Phalanx simply looked on with widened eyes.

the crowd just stood silent looking at Soul like he was insane for sticking up for someone like Killjoy. "you can't possibly think that Killjoy is worthy to be our leader!" one shouted and some nodded their heads in agreement. "she's insane and cares about no one! How do we know she won't send us to our death!?" more and more started to Protest Soul's words.

Soul grabbed the stallion who continued to protest and slammed him violently against the nearest wall. "If you die under her command, it's not because of her leadership, it's because you deserved it for being weak!" He shouted, his voice striking fear into anypony who heard. "I'll say this one more time, if you EVER speak ill of her again, I will butcher your bucking family in front of you before I hack your bucking limbs off one by one! That goes for all of you bucking mules!" He violently threw the stallion to the ground and walked off, Huntress and Phalanx following him.

((And Soul's anger issues make their first appearance))

"those two will be the death of us all..." one said quietly for only the group to hear as the others nodded. Killjoy regain consciousness after an hour, she saw Luna sitting next to her "Luna.." she said trying to get up. Luna put her hoof on Killjoy laid her back down "don't get up on my account, thou hast done enough for me, I owe thee my life and I cannot think thee enough for saving me." she said smiling. Killjoy shook her head "you owe me nothing Princess...it was my duty." she said. Luna got up and kissed Killjoy's forehead "Either way, thou hast risked thy life for mine. I am just glad my new Captain is safe." she said walking off. Killjoy felt odd after Luna left, her heart started racing again. She felt a jolt of excitement when Luna kissed her forehead. Yet she had no idea what that feeling was.

About a half hour later, the three returned to the outside of the room Killjoy was in. "I can't do this..." Soul said despairingly. His outburst in defense of Killjoy had weighed on his conscious, and he finally accepted that there was no sense in continuing their feud any longer. He was hoping to try and bury the hatchet with her, although he had his doubts about actually succeeding. "You have to. Even if she still hates you, it must be done, Soul." Huntress said somewhat sternly. Phalanx nodded. "She's right. If we're going to be following her orders, we can't have her arguing with our second in command all the time." Soul took a deep breath, and after a long pause, slowly opened the door. "Killjoy?" Soul said, seeing the mare finally awake. "Do you have a minute?"

Killjoy weakly tunred her head and looked at Soul. "well sense I can't really move or I'll get chewed out by the Doctors...I have plenty of those." she sighed "I heard what you did...I find myself surprised, you out of all ponies...defended me when others started to question me and turned against me. I thought for sure you would be the one leading the group." she said "why did you stand up for the pony you hate most?"

Soul sighed. "Because you really are the best of us. Luna didn't predetermine you to be the new Captain for no reason, you truly have what it takes. And this rivalry between us, I no longer care about it. The two of us going at each other's throats will only lead to our undoing. It's time I accept that you are going to be my captain, and your word is law. I will follow you into hell itself. If you still hate me, that's fine. I'm not expecting forgiveness, but just know that I'm done trying to besf you, and you have earned my support...captain."

"well...I guess we can agree that the feud was pointless because we just didn't understand one another. Anyone in this band of idiots think these outrageous rumors are false other than you?" Killjoy asked.

"We do, captain." Huntress said, stepping forward. Phalanx nodded in agreement. "Killjoy, this is Huntress and Phalanx. Supposedly they're the third and fourth in the class behind us. They're not like us, but they're d@mn good fighters." Phalanx stepped up beside them. "We support you, captain." He said with a small dip of his head.

Killjoy sighed "so let me get this straight...All but you three...believe that I murdered Warhammer in cold blood out of revenge and not because he was a deceitful coward? oh that's great..." she said sarcastically.

"Luna was there, maybe she can persuade them." Phalanx suggested. "I mean, they aren't dumb enough to honestly believe that she of all ponies would tolerate a murderer are they?"

Twilight closed a book on healing magic that she had been reading. "Luna, should we go check on her now? I think I got this advanced healing spell down."

"honestly I think the best thing we can do is let their stupidity be realized and have them come to their senses." Killjoy said

Luna nodded "I think it would be best to get Red Veil up and ready as quick as possible."

"Once they see your true ability they will." Soul said. "Besides, what are they going to do? Overthrow you?" He added with a smirk.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, having never heard the name Red Veil. "Red Veil? I thought we were talking about Killjoy?"

Luna winced "um...yes, her real name is Red Veil, Killjoy is just her nickname the soldiers in the Solar army gave her." she said

"I see..." Twilight responded, wondering how Luna knew that. "In any case, we should go see her. The sooner we can get Killj.....Red Veil...back on her hooves the better." She said, heading for the infirmary.

Archived