Slaughter of the Soul (Private) (Hiatus)

((On it.))

The tablet floated in the air and absorbed the light from the stars. It burst into a flame of blue energy and flew into the woods, leaving a trail of blue fire in it's wake. "I guess that's our sign." Huntress said.

((Follow the fire))

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((figured that))

"follow the flame, it will lead us to where we need to go!" Killjoy shouted to the others. "just hope this isn't a long journey, we need to get to Celestia as fast as possible."

The squad followed the flame as it traveled. It was about a half hour trek through the forest. It eventually led to the opening of a cave and flickered out. At the cave entrance were two hooded guards. "Looks like this is the place." Soul said, observing that the cave entrance had strange symbols around it, one of which was a giant demonic centar type creature. Huntress drew an arrow from her quiver.

((Centaur or Minotaur? And sorry I didn't reply at all yesterday, I was hanging with freidns and didn't get home until really late and by that I was exhausted.))

Killjoy looked at Huntress "the one on the left." she said then looking at another archer "one on the right." Killjoy then backed away from the group and in matter of seconds, she was on the roof of the cave and looking down on the creature. she then looked at Soul to give the Archers the order.

((It's cool, and I meant there was a cave painting of a centaur (which would be Tirek) on the entrance of the cave.))

Huntress aimed for the guard on the left while the other one aimed for the right. They both positioned themselves to remain hidden but have a clear shot. Soul lifted a hoof and lowered it, signaling for them to take them out. The two arrows beautifully passed through the guards and they hit the ground with a thud.

((oh...well hey look at that, a wild Minotaur appeared!!))

Killjoy dropped down trying to take out the Minotaur but he moved out of the way to attack the other Nightwatch. The Minotaur heard the thud and looked back at Killjoy. "shi-" she was about to say when she got hit by the Minotaur's hammer, her armor withstood the hit but it hurt like hell all the same. The Minotaur was going for another hit but Killjoy rolled out of the way and cut through the tendon behind his knee. The beast fell on one kness but was still trying to fight as he swung downwards, but Killjoy sidestepped the attack and sliced through his hands, before the Minotaur could even scream, the cold steal of Killjoy's sword went through his neck. His hea stood in place for a couple of seconds before falling off and letting the blood spew out like a fountain. Killjoy looked at the others and motioned for them to move into the cave.

Soul nodded to Killjoy, it was a good kill. A few Nightwatch were amazed by the kill. Soul rushed after Killjoy with the rest of the Nightwatch following clost behind.

In the main chamber, the sound of loud drums were heard thundering throughout the caverns as Celestia, bound in chains, was slowly being led towards the massive altar. Chaosweaver stood at the altar as several unicorns were busy creating a portal in front of it. Tears fell in streams from her eyes, she did not fear death, but she feared how her sister, her subjects, and her kingdom would survive with Tirek's return and her not there to defend them.

Killjoy looked over at all the ponies getting ready for the ritual. "this is what I want, Archers stay up here and shoot arrows down on them. The rest will attack in force while me and Soul grab Celestia...is that understood?"

Huntress nodded and took the rest of the archers and got into position, each one readying and arrow. Phalanx responded by tapping the tip of his spear to his shield, making a clanking noise. "Let's get to it then, she doesn't have long." Soul said.

Celestia was chained down to the altar as Chaosweaver stood at a podium, an executioner nearby with an ancient blade, ready to sacrifice Celestia. "My children, your faith has been strong, your rightiousness unfaltering, and now the time has come to recieve your salvation." He said to the crowd of cultist, who responded with cheers. "Let all of Equestria know this day, for it is the day the weakling's princess is cast down, and the true master of this world returns. Praise Lord Tirek!"

"PRAISE LORD TIREK" The cultists all responded in unison.

"Too bad it won't be today!" Killjoy yelled before exiting the shadows "and too bad that none of you...will be leaving here alive." she said coldly before pointing her sword signaling to attack.

Huntress and the archers release their arrows, tearing through the crowd of cultist. Phalanx and the ground soldiers charge in and immediately engaged with the cultist who were scrambling to fight back. Soul darted towards the altar where Celestia was chained, tearing through enemies as he flew.

Killjoy just calmly walked through the battle quickly putting down any cultist that tried to engage her. She then looked at Chaosweaver and smirked as she took off her helmet "remember me Lollipop? Sorry, but the Princess is coming with us." she said putting the helmet back on.

Chaosweaver laughed at Killjoy obnoxiously. He lit his horn up and a column of lightning appeared which materialized into a gleaming lightning sword. "I could easily annihilate you right now, little filly, but I'll humor you with a real fight." Meanwhile Soul crept around the two and up to Celestia. "We're getting you out of here, Princess." He whispered as he began to whack away at the chains with his handaxe.

Killjoys readied her sword "you better, don't want to kill you so easily..." she said "I'm a nice mare so I'll give you the courtesy of going first, I might just go easy on you while we are at it."

Chaos smirked as he spun his sword around, causing lightning to fly from it like a gigantic whip towards Killjoy. Soul was still hacking away at the chains, having broken two of them already.

Chaos blocked the sword with his lightning sword, electricity coursing through the blade and sending it though Killjoy's body knocking her back.

Soul hacked the last chain off and helped Celestia off the altar. "Are you alright, Princess?" He asked. Celestia wiped away get tears and sighed in relief. "I am now, young soldier."

Killjoy got up and laughed "should've known you would rely on cheap tricks in this fight...I thought you were going to show me a real fight, not a magic show."

"I'm trying to, but it's not my fault that this fight is too much for the little filly to handle." Chaos said with an evil smirk, swinging the lightning blade at her again.

"Can you stand?" Soul asked Celestia, who was struggling to get up from the altar. "Barely..." Celestia said weakly, leaning onto Soul for support.

Killjoy rushed in and grabbed Chaos's arm before kneeing him in the gut, while he was doubling over, Killjoy uppercut him making him fall back onto the ground. "Or maybe you knew you were going to lose from the start and you just needed a little help from your sparky sword." she said.

Chaos growled and lit his horn up unleashing shadowy tendrils that grabbed Killjoy and tightened on her, strangling the life out of her. "I am the hand of a God, I will not fall to insolent worms like you." He said as he prepared to jab the lightning blade through her. Soul saw what was happening and without thinking, threw his handaxe at Chaos. The blade of the axe sliced Chaos' hoof off, causing him to lose control of the lightning blade and it disappeared. Chaos growled in pain and fell to his knees, glaring at Soul. "You will pay for this...." he grunted, firing lightning at Soul. Soul took the hit and was thrown back, but he crawling back to his hooves and gripped his blade and glared at Chaos, preparing to engage him.

Killjoy walked up to Chaos "seems like the hand of a god bleeds just like anypony, there is nothingspecial about you..." she said kicking him over and pressing her hoof on his throat. "light up that horn of yours and see what happens." she then put her sword ti his head.

"As you wish." Chaos said, his horn lighting up and he melted into the floor. He reformed a distance away and glared at Soul and KIlljoy. "Such heresy....it must be purged." he said, turning and walking away with some of his body guards helping him walk with a severed hoof. "You only delay the inevitable....our Lord shall return in due time." He looked back to a large group of cultists that began to surround Killjoy and Soul. "Destroy them...." he ordered as he disappeared.

Huntress and Phalanx came to Celestia. "We're getting you out of here, Princess." Huntress said, leading her towards a group of Nightwatch providing cover for them.

Killjoy looked around at the cultists surrounding them. "I'm going to say this once...I'm going to give you all one chance and one chance only. clear out now and none of you will die today...it is that simple." she said lifting up a mangled corpse of another cultist "I think this guy over here would have LOVED that chance, reject my kindness and you will all get worse than this poor fellow here." she said dropping the body.

"We embrace death, for it delivers us to our Lord." A cultists said, drawing a blade and charging the two. Soul quickly gashed open his chest with his handaxe, dropping him instantly. The rest of the cultists followed suit in brandishing weapons and converging on Killjoy and Soul. Soul thrusted his sword into one of the attacking cultists.

Archived