Ragnarok(Ready and waiting)

Name: As a changeling he is known as Ragnarok. In pony form he likes to go by the name Crystal

Species: Changeling/Pegasus

Eye color: When in changeling form, a unusual Jewel Teal. In pony form he has shining Jewel Magenta eyes.

Character color: Ragnarok's coat as a changeling is different than the rest, being a nice clean ruby red instead of the normal Jet black though his ruby red coat is still a bit dull and faded. In pony form Ragnarok has a nice Emerald green coat.

Mane/Tail/Other: Ragnarok's changeling mane is a sapphire green, his changeling tail on the other hand is a beautiful Mandarin Orange. His mane and tail are longer than normal changelings and looks more pony like, even in his changeling form. The way he styles his changeling mane is he has it hanging down the back of his neck with it separated into three different bits, stays on the back of his neck, one goes around the left side and one goes around the right. His tail's style is that is just hangs there, letting the wind, breeze or whatever else could move his tail. In pony form Ragnarok's mane is a Sparkling Burgundy and his tail is a Yellow Topaz. He styles them the same as he does in changeling form.

Physique: Ragnarok is very fit in changeling form. Ragnarok's changeling wings are very fit and unlike most changelings, don't have the gaps in his wings. In pony form, Ragnarok is very fit and masculine due to extensive practice at sport, flying and much more. His pony wings are also very fit. In size Ragnarok is smaller than your average changeling, same in pony form.

Residence: Ragnarok lives in the Everfree forest mainly though he spends most of his time in Ponyvile.

Occupation: As Ragnarok is a changeling, he doesn't have a effective Job though he helps with the whether sometimes when he is pony form. He earns most of his bits from helping pony's in need or by selling a few odds and ends which he finds in the Everfree forest. He also earns bits by selling crystals and jewels to ponies along with the stuff he makes from the mentioned materials.

Cutie Mark: As a changeling, he doesn't have one though in pony form his cutie mark is two big crystals crossed over each other in an X with a jewels embedded onto the crystals

Cutie Mark Story: He is a changeling, what do you think?

Special talent: As a changeling, he may be unique but has no special talent, in pony form however he uses his crystal and jewel skills as his special talent. The talent he uses in full is being able to craft anything out of crystal of any kind, whether it be weapons, clothes, tables, beds, jewellery, he can do it. The same goes for Jewels of any type. He also, as a part of his special talent, has a sixth sense about jewels and crystals and can feel where they are and is able to pin point their exact position, size and what type it is.

Unique Traits: Look wise is very different from any normal changeling, same pony wise. Have extreme skills with anything to do with jewels of any type. This includes crystals. Has a sixth sense about crystals and jewels.

History: Ragnarok was born in the changeling hive of Chrysalis. His parents were both suprised that, at birth, he had been so different than any other changeling in the hive, with his coat, mane and the rest of him being completely different than any other. They were both proud of him. As he was growing up he had started to play with the crystals and jewels he had managed to find in the hive. Also during this stage, he taught himself how to carve using his changeling magic and was very good at it, even at his young age he was able to use his magic to carve the jewels and crystals into a lot of things. This skill would improve as he grew older. Ragnarok had enjoyed his relativity peaceful life, often hanging out with other changelings who weren't teasing him about being so different.

His life had lasted like that until that dreaded day when Chrysalis planned her attack on Canterlot. When he got the news that there queen had started a war against pony kind it ripped Ragnarok's beliefs apart. He had always been a different breed then the other changelings, he had rarely fed on love, he had always been kind to every creature and had never taken enough love to hurt them, he had always believed that all creatures deserved to live in peace. He also had believed in Chrysalis like she was a god. So when she attacked Canterlot, Ragnarok was torn between leaving the hive and pursuing and continuing his peaceful life style somewhere else or joining the attack on Canterlot. His mind had told him to follow the hive and attack but his kind heart was saying for him to run away and start over. Ragnarok's mind was saying 'Obey the hive, Obey the queen' while his heart was saying'Do the pony's really deserve that much love taken from them?'.After a few days contemplating whether or not to join in the attack, his mind had won until he slipped and landed in front of a puddle of crystal clear water. As Ragnarok stood up, he looked into the water. In the water he saw himself, a changeling that was bound to serve his queen but he also saw something else, he saw a creature who was free to make his own choices, a creature that had a heart, a creature who was able to let his heart guide him and a creature that was able to feel compassion, a creature that cared enough to take what he needed though not enough to hurt. As he saw all this in himself for the first time, his heart overcame his mind, turning him from a blind follower into a free creature.

At that moment Ragnarok left the hive and went out into the Ever-free forest, he didn't even watch the breaking of the barrier, he just left. As he walked through the forest he felt a crystal under the ground, he felt confused as he hadn't felt this before. As he dug at the ground he was thinking that his mind was playing tricks on him but when he found the crystal, he noticed that, it wasn't just one crystal. It was a whole colony of them. He smiled as he left the spot with that original crystal he had found. After about a month he had found his way to Ponyville. He didn't enter the town as he was scared that he would be mistaken for a monster. Instead he turned around and walked a bit deeper into the forest.

As he neared a ravine area, he noticed a castle. He smiled as it gave him hope, he didn't know how but the area was shedding a aura of hope that was also shared by the magnificent building. As Ragnarok entered it, he recognized some of the art. He gasped as he realized this was the ancient castle that Celestia and Luna had lived in. He left it the moment he realized that. He made his way to the other side of the ravine and built himself a home there. He decided that he would live in the area for a few reasons though the main one was that this area gave him hope and it helped him keep in control of himself. About a week after he had his home there he saw a pony walking through the forest. He smiled as he thought of a way he could live among pony folk. He quickly started forming the idea in his mind until he had managed to create his own pony that was unique. He had based the form he had made off the pony he had seen. As he gained complete control of his changeling magic, he started going into Ponyvile in his new form. He hadn't made any friends or talked to many ponies though he did spend a lot of time there, selling off odds and ends he found in the forest as well as items he carved from jewels or crystals. He also fed on the love that the pony's had to offer though he only took what he needed to live, never enough to hurt the ponies.

Character Summary: Ragnarok in general is a lot different than most of the changelings at the hive. He doesn't like to feed off love; he has a caring heart, thinks for himself and actually cares about others. He loves to eat fruit of all kinds and he even likes to eat some of the fruit that can only be found in the Everfree forest. Ragnarok also likes to read about the pony's history thus how he could recognize the castle of the royal sisters. He wants to make friends though he doesn't know how to do it and has a massive fear that, even if he makes friends will he be able to tell them the truth without being rejected? Ragnarok has been trying to find out pony's opinions on changelings though he hasn't had much luck which only adds to his fear. Ragnarok enjoys looking for crystal's and jewels and carving them into objects like jewellery, weapons and furniture.

He also enjoys seeing pony's having a good time and although he isn't part of it, he feels warm in side when he sees the pony races having fun together like they have no cares in the world. He wished he could be like that though he is too scared and shy to ask pony's to play or to have fun with him. The only time he talks to pony's is when he is selling and buying off them. Ragnarok wants to make the world a better place for both changelings and pony's, he wants to make pony's see that not all changelings are evil, that some actually care about their sister race, that some actually are able to feel compassion and that some changelings have hearts that are able to feel pony emotions. He wants to show the world that changelings like him are not meant to be feared and that although they may have committed crimes in the past, that, like every creature, they deserve a second chance

Greetings! Can you break up your History and Summary sections into smaller paragraphs please? Humongous paragraphs are very hard for people to read. You'll receive further feedback once you make those adjustments. :)

I have a few questions/comments about this character.

First, I don't think he could viably never eat love. Changelings generally need to do so to survive, and while in theory there may be ways to get around that I find it hard to believe a changeling could remain a part of Chrysalis' hive and not be fed love on a regular basis.

Second, is there a particular reason why his carapace is such a radically different colour?

Finally, if he's so opposed to feeding or at least outright attacking Equestria, why did he agree to join the attack at all? The description just says that 'his mind told him to', but that's very vague for a decision of that magnitude.

I'm not sure if any of these have to be addressed, the character might work as is, but I think the character could be improved by addressing them.

Yeah, i hear waht your saying Derp, with the reasoon his mane is so different, i didnt really think of explaining it and he doesnt eat love. If you remember changelings do not need love, they just crave it. Ragnarok has managed to push past that. And he didnt join the attack. He was conflicted between joining it and betraying his personality and some of his beliefs or leavign the hive and betraying his queen, the changeling he had always looked up to. It was a hard decision, his mind was saying'Obay the queen, serve the hive' while his heart was saying'Do they really deserve this?'. You have to admit, that would be a hard wrestle

I know you were trying to help, and i do appriciate it. I am just letting you know how i had those parts set out

Oh, and bell, should i add in what i just said, about what his mind and heart were saying exactly?

Okie dokie, there's one very big part of your character that I feel needs to be addressed before anything else. The show makes it pretty clear that changelings view love as an all-vital food source they can't function without; a fact codified in our official changeling lore. Like it your not, your changeling OC HAS to feed on love, just like the rest of them. If you still want to get this guy into CC, you'll have to make his rejection of life under Chrysalis based on a reason other than refusing to devour love. Once you make the adjustment, I'll give the app another look. ^_^

Okay, edits are made. Oh, and bell, love wasnt the reason he didnt want to join the attack, it was the fact that they would be hurting the pony's. His beliefs are that all creatures are allowed to live in peace though this was violating almost all of his beliefs. Sorry if i seem rude with that, im just pointing it out and im pretty sure i said that in the app, i think :P Im forgetful

Back with more comments:

• I'm going to have to say that no, your OC can't live in the former royal castle. Maybe Ragnarok hides out there every once in a while, but he really needs a different place of residence that doesn't get regularly visited by cast ponies. It's kinda like saying that an OC lives in secret inside the Apple family barn. XD
  • Having a red changeling should be fine; just specify in the app sheet that it's more of a dull and faded red so that your OC doesn't excessively deviate from the changeling norm.
  • This app is loaded with numerous spelling and grammar errors. Please make an earnest effort to proofread your app and fix all the mistakes.

Let me know when you've made the necessary changes and proofreading fixes. ;)

Bellosh, he doesnt live in the castle, he lives near it. In his history it says he built himself a house near the castle, just pointing that out in case u missed it. Well, editing time :)

Only thing I have to personally recommend is to give your app another proofreading. In particular, you seem to be having trouble finding the correct way to use the plural form of nouns. For example, you use "pony's" instead of the grammatically-correct "ponies". If you make one final effort to correct the grammar issues, I'll move this app on up. :)

Alright, i had another attempt at gramar. Hope i got it this time, well, im ready for your decision oh great and mighty bellosh, will Ragnarok join the magnificant world of canterot or will he go below with all the rejects?

((I have no idea why i keep doign stuff like that lol))

Archived