The republic in danger

Midnight looked up when she heard Helia in pain. They'd, shot her?! How, how could they...Did, did she distract Helia by being unable to kill all of them? Was it her fault? Midnight placed her head in her hands, before gasping in pain and looking at her hands. They looked burnt, almost all black. What had happened to them? D-did she really do that to herself?

She heard, and saw, Helia's brutal dispatching of the remaining people. Even injuried, it was just so one-sided. She wanted to be able to do that, control her powers, crush her enemies, protect others. But, she couldn't, not yet...But, with Helia guidance, then, maybe...

She looked up, seeing Helia next to her. She felt eh aura around Helia change, from a darker one she was used to, to a lighter one, like the one she had felt when around Fire. That's when she felt a pain in her hands. Looking at the charred skin, it looked like it was being, repaired..By Helia! Midnight gasped silently, refusing to make a noise to the pain. For healing, it was killing her! Still, it wasn't long till the burnt skin had vanished, and the skin looked brand new.

Midnight looked at her hands, amazed at Helia' job. Before remember, Helia got shot!

"A-are you ok? You got shot before, will you be able to heal yourself? I'm sorry I couldn't take all of them out, I-i-i just.." Midnight stuttered quickly, wanting to applogise for distracting Helia in battle and failing to kill 10 of them, meaning they both got injured.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't worry about me." Helia reassured her, though now that Midnight had reminded her of her injuries they were beginning to hurt again. "That was my own fault. Curved-hilt lightsabers aren't optimised for blaster bolt deflection, and neither is my skill at the optimal lightsaber style as good as it ought to be." She grabbed hold of Midnight's shoulders and hoisted her to her feet, dusting her off. "I can heal myself, don't worry about it. But I think I'll leave these to linger so I can augment my Force abilities if we need to." With a limp, she set off down the lone corridor in the room, probably leading to a turbolift or some other method of access to the command bridge.

"But don't belittle yourself, Midnight. That was a display of power beyond anything I've seen from an untrained individual. I wasn't expecting you to be able to finish them off, but how many you managed to kill is already impressive in itself. I'm proud of you for that, and also proud of you for knowing when to stop." She paused for a moment, then continued, "But the Force powers driven by anger and hate aren't the only path to power. The side of the Force devoted to peace and tranquility is just as essential. As I just recently demonstrated." She gestured to Midnight's palms. "But I suppose that's enough for now. I wouldn't want you to burn you palms again. Let's try something else, shall we?" She turned fully to Midnight. "How much have you learnt of the basics of telekinesis?"

Midnight cringed when Helia said not to worry about her. She got shot because Midnight distrated her, she knew that's why. But, there wasn't much she could do but trust Helia knew what she was doing. She just hoped those injuries wouldn't slow her down. She followed Helia down the hall. She felt like they were headed in the right direction, they needed to reach the bridge, and Midnight was on a lockout for a turbolift to get them there.

Midnight smiled when Helia continued to compliment her, and that she knew when to stop. If Midnight was honest with herself, self-control wasn't her best suit, but she was getting better. Part of her was interested in this other side of the force. If she was able to use it as a tool and not fall to either side, Jedi or Sith, than what harm was there? If she could control both sides, then she would be powerful indeed.

"I-i see what you mean" If Helia would teach her both light and dark. Emotional and controlled, than perhaps...

Midnight's train of though got derailed the moment Helia suggested she'd teach her something else. Something about telekinesis? Fire had taunt her some of that, with lifting up the generator before. Part of her wanted to tell Helia that, but, she wanted Helia to teach her from scratch. What's the worse that could come out from that?

"Nothing, Fire didn't actually teach me anything other than the code. I really don't know that much of how to use the force. W-why?"

Helia rolled her eyes. "Of course the Jedi won't have taught you anything. Alright, here's the basics on telekinesis: Imagine a hand, invisible but present, stretching out and grabbing the object you want to grab. Then picture you manipulating this object as you would if it were in your hand. The Force is about belief and mental strength, so as with all the skills I've mentioned before you need to have unerring faith in yourself. Now the thing about telekinesis is that there are many things you can levitate, whether they be big or small, because to the Force weight is immaterial, only your mental strength. Heavier objects feel heavier because the mind believes it to be so, and imposes these limits on reality. But actually they are all the same."

She gestured forward, down the corridor. "The thing about telekinesis is that you can hold pretty much any object. Offensively speaking, this extends to opponents' throats, amongst other vital organs. The hand gesture is usually like this." Helia lifted her left hand, still burning from the blaster bolt, and made a pinching motion. "You can either do it slowly, to extend the pain - but this isn't optimal for combat, so you should only use it for torture - or all at once, killing the opponent instantly." Helia demonstrated by picking up one of the fallen blasters. Making the pinching motion, it bent slowly but surely, but eventually she made the motion forcefully and it immediately snapped. "Like that. When we meet our next opponents you can try it out."

"There they are!" came a voice from down the corridor, and immediately five new enemies burst into the room, blasters in hand.

"How convenient." Helia reactivated her lightsaber, standing directly in front of Midnight to shield her from harm as her lightsaber spun and whirled, returning blasterfire at her opponents but again not directly at them.

Sky, Flame and Frost had moved towards the bridge, engaging in three fire fights. All three had been won easily, though now it was a bigger problem. They had captured the bridge, though they were not trapped. Frost was on the left flank, covering that door, Flame was trying to get the comms back online, and Sky was trying to hold off the forces coming from the main door. They had three auto turrets helping them.

What Helia was telling Midnight made sense to her, it was, after all, similar to what Fire had gone over. Midnight raised her hand, experimenting the movement without using the force. She didn't want to hurt anything right now. But, this knowledge was great, now she wouldn't injury herself whenever she wanted to kill her enemies. Midnight felt the power as Helia crushed the rifle, and she couldn't help but let her mind wander about what she could do with it for toture...

Midnight hear the call, as well as Helia activating her lightsaber once again. Midnight hoped she'd be able to deflect the shots with her injuries, she just had to trust Helia knew what she was doing. She noticed, much like last time, Helia was refusing to deflect it at them. Meaning, it was her turn.

Midnight called out to the force, reaching out to the first one. She gripped around his throat and lifting him into the air, before she crused his neck and dropped his body like the rag-doll it had become. Midnight went for the second one, but took a different route. She lifted him up lightly, before using the force to throw him at the roof. She propelled him quickly, and his entire chest and all the bones in it, were crushed. She reached for the 3rd, lifting him up and pulling at his head. What she was doing scared her, but she wanted to show Helia she was capale. She ripped his head off, ditching the body.

She turned to the final 2, but this time, she wanted to make them quick. She raised both her hands, and both of them grasped at their throat. Midnight lifted them up in the air, and started to pull their arms and legs away from their bodies. She continued to pull, and soon, she felt them come apart. She dropped the bodies, and didn't feel as drained, nor in pain, than when she was using her force lightning.

"T-that...That was interesting..T-thank you Helia..."

Helia blanched as she saw Midnight systematically disassembling their opponents in particularly gruesome-looking ways. She almost couldn't bring herself to look at it; she tried to be practical as far as possible and this wasn't something she usually saw. As Midnight used the Force to grasp at the last two people's throats, she lowered her lightsaber and stared, disbelieving, at the victims. She averted her eyes as a spray of blood caught her across the face. And her robes.

"Um, well..." She was momentarily lost for words, gawking at the gory display. "That was, uhm... very powerful. But, uh, perhaps next time you should try to conserve your strength when necessary. Combat isn't about the display, unless other enemies are watching and you want to break their morale. It's about practicality, and... perhaps you should try not to kill them so painfully. Faster track to corruption and all, if you enjoy inflicting suffering." She deactivated her lightsaber and proceeded down the corridor. "Now, the turbolift should be somewhere this way. Hopefully we can get to it before we meet any more opponents."

As she'd hoped, there was indeed a lift at the end of the corridor. But she stopped in front of it; there was a keypad on the wall. She turned to Midnight. "Remember, telekinesis isn't just about power. It's also about precision. Without touching the keypad or damaging the door, can you get this turbolift open?" She gestured to the keypad. "Should just take a little... selective rewiring. Or just a removal of said wires. Remember, though, it's difficult for novices to manipulate things with the Force if they can't see them, so... feel free to remove the casing."

Midnight had expected Helia to compliment her on the display that she'd done, but instead, she felt silly. Helia criticized her on her display. She'd thought it was a good idea, but obvious she was wrong. Still, she had much to learn. This was just a curve for her, and at least she learnt that here instead of later during another battlefield. The blood had actually painted on Helia, making midnight cringe again.

"I...I'm sorry. I just thought that, I don't know, but, i'm sorry. I'll try not to do it again. I don't want to fall, and, i'll take more caution in the future" She replied, following Helia walk down the corridor. She was holding her blaster, just in case they got ambushed. Thankfully, nothing occured.

Midnight put her blaster away when they reached the turbolifts. Wait, Helia still wanted her to try, to learn? Midnight couldn't hide her smile, she wanted to learn more, and if Helia was going to offer it, she'd be more than happy to learn.

Midnight looked at the keypad. Helia did have a point, to try manipulate things with the force. Though, she smiled. She wouldn't need to look at it, she was sure she knew what was where

She felt around the keypad, feeling the wires around it and inside it. She followed some of them, closing her eyes and picturing the wiring in her head. It took her a minute, but she found the wires. Calling out to the force, she started making the delicate movements to open the door without destroying anything. It was so different to what she'd just done, and she scared herself a dozen times when she nearly used too much force, but she pushed the final one into position.

The Turbolift opened with a load his, and Midnight opened her eyes. Turning to Helia.

"I, I spend a lot of time with machines. Keypads like this I could normally pick without the force, but, I wanted to try. I wanna learn the force..."

"Hm..." Helia eyed Midnight curiously. I wonder if she has any affinity for mechu-deru... Something to consider later. "Well done. I'd ask you what line of work you were in before this, but we have better things to do right now. You're an excellent student, I must say. I haven't seen anyone who was able to grasp so much so quickly. Just don't overdo yourself, alright?" She walked into the turbolift and beckoned Midnight in, closing the door as soon as she had entered.

She noted the buttons in the lift. One of them was actually labelled Bridge, thankfully, so she pressed it and waited patiently, lightsaber in hand, as the lift went up. "Alright, I don't think this is a time for playing anymore. Their bridge would undoubtedly be very well protected after our intrusion, so use every tool at your disposal to kill now. I don't want you winding up dead because you're trying to use only the Force, alright?"

She was going to say more, but the door slid open onto a corridor literally filled with enemies, so much so that she couldn't see what lay behind them. They opened fire immediately, and Helia sprung into action, not yet using the Force but simply her lightsaber to deflect the blaster bolts back at her opponents.

Midnight heard Helia's advice, and it made sense. In order to storm the bridge, she needed to show no mercy. Midnight reached into her holsters, drawing her blaster rifle. She doubted Lightning would work, so she'd have to use telekinesis instead, along with her shooting her enemies.

"Got it. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself. I will show no mercy, but, will show restraint Helia" Midnight stayed behind Helia. They probably knew they were coming, so she'd have to be ready.

Midnight ducked when the blasters started, but thankfully, Helia once again, kept the shows from hitting her. She raised her blaster, and started firing. She dropped 4 instantly, and reached out with the force, pushing 3 more backwards before gunning them down. She was stuck in the turbolift with Helia, and until the jedi moved into the corridor, she could only shoot through.

Midnight saw one of them throw something at them, and she froze. It was a grenade! If that corrected with them, it would be over. She reached out with the force, and just managed to grab the grenade, and threw it back. The explosion was huge as the Thermal Detonator exploded, shaking the corridor and killing other troops around them. Midnight took a sigh of relief, that made it safer, as she took another one out.

Helia nodded in approval as Midnight not only cleared out a number of them but also averted the disaster of the incoming thermal detonator. She almost hadn't noticed it, focused on executing her lightsaber deflections as she was. But now that the main threat was made momentarily less threatening, she surged into the corridor, still deflecting bolts, and charged up another Force ability in the palm of her hand. When she lifted it towards the enemies, it created a bolt of lightning from the ground, travelling down the corridor and shocking any who stood in the way. As the opponents were momentarily disoriented, she flung her lightsaber into the midst of them and flung a more conventional Force Lightning in their direction, not going for an instant kill but rather an immediate immobilisation in an area of effect. She'd leave Midnight to cut them down as her lightsaber returned to her.

She strode through the carnage that stood before her, going for the end of the chamber and deflecting the blaster bolts from the remaining opposition back towards their sources, and for those who were smarter than to shoot at her she simply killed by means of a telekinetic neck-snap. Eventually she reached the end of the corridor, where a formidable blast door blocked their path, accompanied by a small keypad.

Helia gestured to Midnight. "All yours."

Midnight continued to use her blasters to ensure she cut her enemies down, and spotted Helia using lightning to disable and distract her enemies, and Midnight cut them down in a fury of blaster shots. The battle didn't last long, Midnight saw Helia's brutal efficiency in removing the last enemies. But, she noticed the difference. That was removing them, while what she did before was playing with them.

Midnight followed Helia loyally, and soon, found the blast door and the keypad associated with it. When Helia offered for her to do it, she closed her eyes and reached out. She found the inside wires, and started to manipulate them.

"I'm an assassin" she said, answering the question Helia had asked before "One of the best, I always got my targets. That's what I was before i came here. I managed all my own equipment, which is why I'm good with this equipment. I've spent years doing it" She wasn't sure if such a confession was needed, but, Helia might as well know what she was.

"An assassin?" Helia considered this. It did certainly explain some things about her student, but she found it difficult to believe that the Jedi would even agree to train an assassin, even if an ex-assassin. But she hardly thought Midnight had decided to drop her old job either, if her phrasing was any indication. "Interesting. Jedi Fire must indeed be a very strong-willed and principled individual if she was optimistic about the chances that an assassin could be brought into the fold of the Jedi. I think they really do believe that they always hold the moral high ground." She was going to say more, but then the doors slid open and she took the opportunity to stride in.

The place was rather expansive, with several crew members clustered around various monitors. One figure wearing a captain's attire sat at the chair in the centre of the room. Presumably he was the captain of the ship.

Helia lifted her hand and hoisted the captain up into the air unceremoniously. "Alright, everyone here listen up. One move against me and I kill your captain." She was, however, aware of the possibility that he was a fake, and so kept her lightsaber activated and ready. "Stay at your seats, and no sudden movements. Do it and I'll let you live." Hoping that last part got their guards down sufficiently, she sent an impulse over the Force to Midnight with an implication: Stun them all. Interrogate each of them to see if they're the captain in disguise. Do as you wish for all those who aren't.

Midnight concentrated on not messing up with the cords to open the door. Fire..How would she explain this to f..No! Fire needed to explain a few things to her. What was with the children. She felt herself getting angry again, but calmed herself. She could worry about that later, for now, she needed to concentrate on the door. It didn't take her long, and soon, the door opened. The waited while Helia walked inside, lightsaber drawn. She watched the captain being raised, and turned around to make sure they weren't being followed.

That's when she felt it, a message, through the force. Presumably from Helia..Wait, Jedi could do that?! Speak via the force, or at least, that's the implication she got from what she'd sensed. That, was Amazing!! she tried to calm herself, as she drew her blasters and changed them to stun mode. She didn't need to kill them, yet. She walked into the bridge, blasters hanging lazily in her hands. She stood beside Helia, then acted. She raised her blasters and open fired. Her blots, blue in colour instead of red, hit the 4 crew members closest to her, stunning them instantly. The others reacted. But Midnight was quicker. she turned around, gunning the other 4 that came at her, stunning them into submission before the final 4 showed themsevles. Midnight raised her blasters, but only managed to hit 1 before the other 3 were attacking her. She flipped, kicking 2 of them to Helia so she could deal with them, before engaging in hand combat with the final one.

Midnight ducked and weaved under his clunky attacks, kicking and punching back whenever she could, but there wasn't tones she could do. He was built like a tank. She flipped another punch, only for it to actually connect and push her back. She crashed into the ground, and felt her left arm pop out, dislocated. Thankfully, that only drove her anger. She stood up, and started strangling the final one She was crushing his neck, before remembering Helia wanted them alive. She pulled him towards her, and clothe-lined him, nearly killing him, but the brute didn't die.

Midnight say back in the chair she had been standing, gripping her arm. It killed, but she'd survive. She spun the chair around, and accessed the ships records. She went hunting for Personal Logs with the Captain. If she could find a face and bio-scanner, she'd be set.

Helia turned around almost lazily. "I said alive, didn't I? You're lucky I want to take you all alive anyway." Using the Force, she used a relatively tame Force Push on the two enemies Midnight had sent flying at her, flinging them into the bulkhead and knocking them out. That would suffice for now, she mused. In the meantime, she picked the captain up and slowly began choking him, watching as he gasped for breath and clawed at his neck, soon falling into unconsciousness. Helia quickly let go then, leaving him to slumber quietly at his seat.

She moved over to Midnight. "I think that guy is the real captain." She pointed to the person dressed in the captain's clothing. "If the rest just rushed at you, they're probably crewmen. Most captains would stay away from the conflict and try to preserve themselves. Nonetheless, any further confirmation is good." Then she noticed her injured arm. Without a word, she began pouring her healing powers into the arm and rapidly snapped it back into place. She knew a warning would only make it worse, because it was often the anticipation that worsened the experience. She hoped the healing powers would at least dull the pain while accelerating the healing process.

Midnight agreed with Helia. More than likely the captain really was the one that didn't charge, but they needed to confirm it. Midnight continued to search through the system, the firewalls were truly pathetic to her, not able to stop her even with 1 hand. What she wasn't ready for was Helia snapped her arm back into place. Midnight let out a yelp of pain, gripping her shoulder as the pain slowly subsided and she felt like she had more control over her arm again.

She turned to Helia.

"A warning would have been nice! ****, that hurt!" Midnight wasn't angry at Helia, still, a quick 'Hey, imma put your arm back in so get ready' would have been nice. Still, Midnight soon had her other arm back to normal, and went back to hunting. It didn't take her long to find the data.

She read over it, and she liked what she read. It give her the current location, which pointed at the captains chair where he sat. Midnigh accessed his personal data and personal messages. Nothing jumped out at her, until she read his messages. Midnight waved Helia over.

"It's him alright. Name is Augry, but more importantly, he has a family. Wife, 2 kids. Wanna see what you can get out of him, or do I get to extract information from him?"

Midnight had to admit, she wanted to be the one to take the information from him. She already knew a hundred different ways to torture him, but now with the force...She had so many more options and that excited her!

"Oh..." Helia trailed off. "Sorry. I'll make sure to give you a warning next time." She then stood back and waited, turning away from Midnight and surveying the rest of the unconscious opponents to make sure none of them recovered while she wasn't watching. One of them briefly began to stir, but Helia grabbed hold of his throat in the Force and waited for him to stop moving - asleep again - before returning her watchful gaze to the rest of the room.

Then Midnight said that she identified the captain, and Helia came over. She read his personal data and personal messages, and nodded. "Yep, it's him. Well done! Now all we need to do is get information out of him." She nodded. "Feel free to try to get him to talk. But if you want to use the Force I'll keep careful watch, just in case. We do need him alive, after all."

Helia lifted her right hand and pushed it against the wall, propelling the captain into his chair with the Force and holding him there. "He's all yours.

“Thank you Helia. You want him to talk, I’ll get him to sing”

Midnight turned her attention to the captain. As long as Helia held him down, Midnight would be free to do as she wished, and there were many things she could do, in order to extract information from her target.

She walked around the captain in slow, controlled steps, as he watched her. She thought about the number of different ways for her approach. She could try being kind, but given she’d shot his crew, doubtful. No, she needed to be ruthless, cruel. Thankfully, she knew how to do it.

She pulled her vibroblade out, twirling it in her hand before jamming the blade in his leg, going all the way through. Since it was a vibroblade, it was shaking in his leg, and he cried out in pain. Midnight waited a minute, before extracting the blade.

“Soo, care to talk?” Midnight asked, only to have the captain spit at her. Well, looks like she had plently of work to do.

She drew her blaster, and fired at a very delicate point between his legs. It was still on stun mode so it wouldn’t hurt anything, but the captains reactor of fear gave her a nice start. Midnight flicked the switch, firing a bolt in his leg, the same she’d stabbed, to prove the stun was turned off.

“Still playing the tough guy?” She asked, and he swore at her. Midnight rolled her eyes. Some people were so stubborn!

“Fine, you wanna do this the hard way? I can play that way” She said, before feeling the darkness around her. Small sparks of electricity flew around her fingers as she gave into her hate, lashing out with the Lightning. She did it again, and again, shocking him continually. Midnight stopped, glancing at her left hand. Her fingertips were burnt, but that was it.

She tilted her head, but he refuses to talk. Midnight gritted her teeth. He wasn’t going to budge! Midnight realized she needed to change. Some people you could break physically, but she’d need a few years to break this one. No, this one required a more, delicate touch.

Midnight put her blaster away, crouching next to him. She cleared her throat, before speaking.

“Now, listen. I’m going to say this as simply as i can. You tell me what I wanna know, and I’ll make sure that I show you, and the people we find on your planets mercy. All we want, is for the military to back off. Now, if you reist. I get the information from your computers, I take you prisoner and then I make you watch as we glass your world” She said darkly. She could see the fear enter his eyes. Midnight hide her smile, but she knew she’d unlocked him. Now she’d get him to sing.

“Think about it. One way or the other, this battle is lost and we will find your home. Give the innocent a chance, because I’m the only thing that can stop the glassing. See my friend here? She’s a Jedi, as I’m sure you know. She can stop the glassing, but only if you coorporate with me. Now, I want to have passcodes, coordinates and access to treasure and storage, as well as all of your men to stand down. We’re taking this ship, with, or without your help”

The captain broke.

“Everything is in my office. Top floor, last door. Please don’t glass it, my family…” Midnight raised her hand, and he went silent. Midnight smiled at him, before walking to Helia.

“There we go, told you I could do it. It wouldn’t hurt to have him alive” Midnight turned to face him, but frowned, something was wrong with her target. He was staring up, without, blinking….

Midnight cursed out loud, he’d died! Looking at his leg, she saw the numerous blood that had come out when she accidentally cut the artery, meaning he was on a clock from the get go. She got annoyed at herself for a foolish move, but, it was too late now.

“I’m….sorry, I screwed up..B-but, we got our information so all’s well that ends well huh”

Helia watched Midnight work on the captain, her eyebrows raised. Her technique was interesting - certainly a lot more refined that her own simple tactic of inflicting progressively worse pain until the enemy crumpled - but she noted with surprise that in the end it was the threat to his home that made the captain yield. It wasn't often someone succumbed to threats on others rather than themselves, but perhaps that was because she had spent too much time in the dark places of the galaxy.

She was so focused on Midnight's efforts, however, that she didn't notice that the captain was dying until he finally did, and his life signature in the Force winked out and died. She cursed herself for not paying enough attention. "****it, we were supposed to save him." She sighed. "Oh well, I guess there's no point crying over spilt milk. Next time, though, we have to be more careful. Try not to inflict so much injury if we can avoid it. And I've got to stand by with the Force on hold to heal him if need be." She walked over to the door, drawing her lightsaber and slashing off the control panel for the door off the wall of the bridge. "We'll come back for them later, But while we're gone, we need to keep them in here. Can you lock the door from the outside?" She stabbed her lightsaber into the exposed circuitry more, continuing to do so until it was a smoldering mess. "That should keep them in here while we investigate."

She strode out of the room and over to the turbolift, waiting for Midnight to join her before she set the course for the top floor.

Midnight knew she was meant to keep him alive, but she made a mistake. She'd make sure not to let her victim die next time she was interrogating them. But they had their information so all is well that ends well. She looked at her fingers, while burnt, she felt confident that she'd be fine.

Midnight followed Helia obediantly as she followed the mare out of the bridge, nodding her head to Helia's question of it she was able to lock them in. It would be easy, she was her after all. After exiting,, Midnight turned back to the control panel. . Calling out to the force, she manipulated. the wires, making it impossible for anyone inside to open the door. She'd managed to lock it down.

She turned back to follow back into the turbolift, and entered beside her 'teacher'. "So, now what? Not sure raiding an enemies armory is my definition of fun"

Helia nodded in approval as she watched Midnight do her work, and more importantly felt her efforts over the Force. "You're a really fast learner. I have high hopes for you." Then Midnight mentioned how she didn't quite fancy a romp through the enemy armoury. "Remember, Midnight, we're not in this for fun. We're fighting this battle to save the galaxy." She gave her an aside glance. "Then again, now that I am aware of your chosen profession I can't help but wonder why you're here to begin with."

The lift then opened, and she stepped out. "Alright, now let's just go to the last... door..." To her mild surprise, there were only a few doors on this rather small level, and perhaps even more importantly she could sense the potent danger of traps everywhere. Mostly laser-detection traps and wire-triggered ones. She turned to Midnight. "Can you sense it? The danger? There are traps. I'm not that good at disarming them, myself, so are you any better?" She chuckled. "What am I saying, you definitely are. All I'm good for is teaching the Force."

Midnight knew she wasn't there for fun, but she felt a need to joke around. Alone on a mission, she was silent, but with others, she couldn't help but much around a bit, but that didn't make her attention wither.

That's when Helia took a jab at her job. Midnight looked at Helia, pretending to be hurt and putting on a voice to match.

"But being an Assassin is what every kid dreams about!" she says jokingly "And I'm here for the same reason any merc is, I got paid a lot of credits to join in the assault. No idea how the Republic found me, but I'm here now"

Midnight followed Helia out of the lift onto the new floor of the ship. However, she noticed Helia hesititing. Was she spooked? What had she missed? Midnight looked over the hall, before spotting it. A small red light, impossible to spot unless you were looking for it. That meant one thing...Traps.

Helia confirmed it for her, and asked her to do it.

"Of course I can do it. Please, remember who you're talking to" she said, before sitting down. Normally she'd use her hands, but with the force, now she'd be able to do it without getting blown up.

She reached the first trap, and fiddled with it, tricking the sensors into nothing will pass. She continued, trap after trap, disabling one after the other in order, doing the same thing she'd do if she was using her hands. It took her 10 minutes, before she stood up. It wasn't exhausting, but she felt slightly drained after that.

"Ok, all traps should be disabled now. We're clear. And you're more than just to teach the force. You just don't know it yet"

Helia waited patiently as Midnight worked, tracking her progress in the Force. She never ceased to impress her, that was for certain. Not many were capable of this kind of intricacy on the same day they were introduced to the Force. When she finally finished, Helia smiled and congratulated her, saying, "I knew you could do it." Then Midnight said that she was for more than just to teach the Force, and she frowned. "Surely not. I can't think of anything else I could conceivably be good at, other than maybe thinking in general and swinging a lightsaber around." She chuckled at that thought and patted Midnight on the back. "Don't worry, we'll get you one soon. You ought to build your own though, it's best to get one that you're comfortable with."

She pointed down the corridor. "Alright, we know his room is on the right. I'll go there and take everything I can find. Maybe you can search all the other rooms for potential items of value? No telling what he could have been hoarding in here."

Midnight had a giant smile on her face as Helia compliments her once again. They kept inspiring her to please Helia more, to keep getting better in the force.At the talk about Lightsabers, Midnight couldn't help but get excited, she'd seen the damage that Melia was capable of doing with it, she wanted one for herself.

"Well, I really want one, I mean, like..I wanna be like you, a Jedi, not a Jedi that steals children away, but, a Jedi non-the-less" She said to Helia, before she suggested she make one?! Midnight didn't even know how to build a lightsaber, but, maybe Helia could teach her? Cause she'd love to have one!

That's when Helia suggested they split up. It made sense, and she got to go looting. Wasn't something she was uncommon with, she'd be the first to admit that.

She nodded in approval, and walked to one of the doors. She opened it and looked inside. It was a smallish room, but had crates, lockers and boxes everywhere. Midnight had a good feeling about this. And she went to work, making a small pile of anything and everything that looked like it was helpful or worth some credits. Old habits die hard.

"Found anything?" Midnight called Helia over the radio before changing the call to Sky.

"Sky! You ok over there?"

Archived