The republic in danger

Midnight looked with slight surprise as Helia threw something at her, thankfully she managed to catch it. It was, a crystal? It was almost a shiny red, and Midnight nodded her head in approval. She liked it.

"T-thank you Helia, i appricaite it. I'll try find my own, but, thanks for letting me use yours till i do" She said thankful, with this, maybe she was a step closer to learning the Force.

she then turned to Fire, who suggested going to actually make her blade! Midnight smiled, unable to hide her excitement. "R-really? You'd help me make my own lightsaber?"

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yea, but first you need to calm down, I can sense the anger in you. When we get back to Coruscant, i'll introduce you to a child a saved. Kai is a fast learner, like you" Fire smiled as she put away her lightsabers.

"You should be good with your combat skills, now you just need to put them together. I'll lend you one of my lightsabers to fight with"

"Anger is a good thing, you realise." Helia said plainly to Fire. "It's a tool. A tool to be used to augment the power of the Force. It is important, however, to ensure that it doesn't cloud your mind and distort your judgement. But insofar as it is a boost to your power, anger is very useful."

She then turned to Midnight. "See, that crystal is interesting because it is synthetic. In point of fact, all red crystals are synthetic - though not all synthetic crystals are red. Synthetic crystals, unlike natural crystals, cannot be simply found. Blue crystals, for example, can be found in the caves of Ilum. But synthetic crystals are made artificially, and in the process the creator's essence is poured into the crystal. It becomes a part of you, and you a part of it." Helia smiled. "I do so hope you make a synthetic crystal one day. I personally feel that it's more yours than one you find in a cave somewhere."

Fire knew it. She was teaching Midnight to use her anger as a weapon. She shook her head and said "anger is the path to the dark side of the force. You need to let it go or else you would fight for selfish reasons, not to protect the republic or your comrades. Making a crystal isn't as exciting as finding your own. You would have challenges along the way before you get to your goal. During your trials, you would need to find the parts to your lightsaber. For a Jedi like you, this should be easy"

"'The dark side' is such a... strong term." Helia answered. "It's better described as the Force of Passion. Where the light side - or as I like to call it, the Force of Tranquility - requires inner peace, the Force of Passion requires emotion. It's simply a different branch, is all. And while it is essential not to allow emotions to rule your existence, it's often practical to use the more destructively oriented Force of Passion to win your battles. Saves more lives overall, too; that of your soldiers and that of the civilians who would otherwise die at the hands of oppression."

"Oh," she said, moving on to the subject of crystals, "synthetic crystals are hardly easy to make, either. I've heard stories of individuals having to withstand the blistering heat of a furnace for days with nothing but their own willpower and the Force to craft those crystals. Interesting tales... it makes me wonder about them. The people who make synthetic crystals have to be strong indeed."

Midnight watched Fire and Helia start to argue over the force, about lightsabers again! Who cares who used what powers? If they used them in alliengce, would it really matter one is 'dark' and the other is 'light'? Who cares? Wasn't it all the same at the end of the day, or was there something she was missing about the force?

She looked at the crystal in her hand, the red crystal. She liked it, red wasn't her colour at first, but she'd give it a go. She tightened her hand around the crystal, before hearing them continue their argument. She couldn't take it! Why wouldn't Helia and Fire just get along? Was it that hard? Midnight felt pain in her hands, and saw electricty racing around her fingers. She hadn't even noticed it before now. But she didn't care, she just wanted them to stop fighting!

"SHUT UP!" Midnight yells, as a wave of Force Lightning ripples around her whole body, causing burn marks all over herself as the Lightning jumps around her. She felt the electricity starting to burn different parts of her body, but she was beyond that! She couldn't stop her anger, her annoyance at the Jedi, both of them!

"Why can't you just stop fighting each other? What is it about who uses what side of the force that makes you fight so much? If Helia can control how she uses the force, who cares if she uses the, e-emotional side?" Midnight started to become aware of the pain on her body, but she refused to back away. She increased it even, and a clone who got slightly too close got shocked badly as he approached Midnight, meaning no one could get close without hurting themselves. "As long as it works, who cares about the m-method...a-and, it's...s-sickening.." Midnight collapsed onto her hands and knees, overcome with the pain and letting out a cry of pain at the burns all over her body. The lightning stopped as Midnight became too physically weak to channel it. She rolled onto her side as the grip on the crystal in her hand weakened, but stayed in her now open palm.

Fire sighed as she nelt down to try and comfort her. Wasn't Helia the one who kept speaking against her? A simple statement is like a chance for Helia to prove what I do is wrong. What is Helia trying to to do?

"I'm sorry Midnight, we'll do better. Please meditate your strong feelings away, you'll feel better"

Helia waited patiently for Fire's response. She was slightly on edge, though; there was always the possibility she might leap forward and try to execute her for teaching Midnight 'heathen ways', minute as the chance was. That was when she noticed Midnight shout angrily, and she whipped her head around to see an impressive but frightening display of power. Raw electricity arced all across Midnight's body as she yelled at them, crackling in bursts of immense power and all but scorching her skin. A quiet part of her noted, with a little satisfaction, that in technicality Midnight had agreed with her on how to use the Force, but the much greater, more concerned, and less heartless part of her moved her legs forward, her hands surrounded in a powerful aura.

A brief second later, what almost seemed like a spell washed over her, and the cold part of her took over again. All there was now was a problem to be solved. Midnight was in pain and most definitely injured. This required no emotion, no passion; only the calm of the 'light side'. She emptied her mind, placing her hands on Midnight's body and pouring healing energies into it. After a few seconds she also channelled some of that power into lifting Midnight via telekinesis and floating her over to the nearest door.

"Miss Fire." Helia said coldly. "I feel it may be somewhat more effective to direct me to the ship's medbay than it is to sit beside someone who has sustained heavy injury and trauma and tell them to meditate. If you will?"

The sound of Helia's cold voice made Fire grit her teeth, just who does she think she is? Fire narrowed her eyes and said "I was just about to force heal her. I've used the force to heal soldiers, it would be easier to heal her when she is in a calm state. While I heal her, please help the trooper up so I can fix him up too". She sat next to Midnight and closed her eyes as a blue aura appearing around them. What did Midnight just do? It is a possibility that Helia taught her to use her emotions. She he never seen anything like it before, Midnight was truely gifted. But if Helia were to take her...she must be convincing Midnight to join her, telling her all this so that she would turn against Fire.

Helia frowned at Fire. "It may have escaped your attention, but I already have started healing her. I was once a Jedi too, if you recall." She looked down at Midnight, still cradled in her telekinetic grip. She really needed to learn how to control her powers better. She sighed. "I feel it would be more beneficial for her to receive medical attention than it is for the Force to heal her, at this stage. Or at least to be tended to both by the Force and the medical facilities. It'd be faster, and more effective." She looked back and turned to the clone trooper. "He is not as badly affected. I am quite certain he can move to the medbay and actually be seen to by doctors." She turned and nodded to the clone, who was on his feet now. Thankfully he was still wearing some of his armour, so his injuries were probably negated to some extent.

"I'll go check if he has burns. That was a big hit" Fire said, turning away as she went to look at the soldier. She was once a Jedi, but she had the nerve to still call herself one. Midnight had spent too much time with her, or maybe she was just bad at debating. Fire wondered if Sky was ever going to ask us to leave, the sight made her sick.

Helia sighed, still holding her hands over Midnight and pouring as much healing energy into her as she could. It seems that Fire was most unwilling to direct her to the medbay. Either that or she had forgotten the question that Helia had asked twice. Granted, these were pretty stressful circumstances, but still. She loosed another sigh and, still carrying Midnight with telekinesis, moved over to the nearest person and asked for directions to the medbay. A few words and a nod of appreciation later, Helia was sprinting down the corridors of the ship, following the instructions and eventually finding her way to the medbay.

She moved over to the nearest medical staff and floated Midnight over to them, though she did not yet cease her influx of healing.

Suddenly a dark mist appears before the group followed but a slight chuckle. Lazar seems to mysteriously materialize from thin air as he steps from the haze. He quietly walks up to Midnight and looks down upon her. He lets out slight chuckle beneath his dark figure. "Oh my sweet Midnight, what did you get into this time" he says in near emotionless but somewhat amused sarcasm. His presence still appears unnoticed by most within the medical facility. Perk of being able to manipulate the Force... you can only be noticed if you will it...

Midnight had completely lost consciousness after she'd fallen on the ground after her yelling, and blissfully unaware of the wounds that were covering her body.

When Helia had arrived in the medic bay, the staff reacted appropriately. They moved Midnight to a table, and started operating on the damaged skin. Repairing it so that she'd be able to recover in time, however medical science took time to work. The doctors started working on it, but their estimations said it would take her weeks to heal properly, however, they weren't aware of Jedi healing powers accelerating the process.

As for Midnight herself, she felt the pain and fatigue of her body. She felt ehausted, but she was alive. She looked around her, and saw Helia not far. She closed her eyes and relaxing, knowing there was nothing she could do but rest. She'd been in a similar position years ago, and knew rest was her only medicine. Keeping her eyes closed, she felt around her, using the force to explore the ship around her. She could feel Fire in the hanger, Helia close by, the clones patrolling the hallway. But, there was something else....She couldn't tell what it was, but it was powerful. It reminded her of Helia, of Fire. Part of her wanted to know more, other part of her didn't want to. But she knew that was pointless until she recovered.

"H-helia...What happened?"

Helia sighed as she looked upon Midnight. She seemed... broken, in some ways. Quite unlike her usual self. She let the healing energies continue to flow. "You got angry, Midnight. And you do not yet have proper control of your powers; I'm afraid you electrocuted yourself with Force Lightning. Not to worry, though, you've recovered enough to be conscious by now. But you should receive training soon so you know how to handle this..." She sighed again. "Never mind. Just lie down and get better." She patted Midnight gently. "When you recover fully I'll make sure you're properly instructed, okay? But for now just try not to use the Force, lest you hurt yourself more."

Lazav crosses his arms and looks over to the fallen one next to Midnight, the one known as Helia. The force is strong with this one as well... interesting... Lazav hasn't heard much about this one except for whispers here and there... as if the Council wanted to sweep her under the rug it seems. "The force is strong with you, miss... Helia, is it?" he says with a lack of any emotion. His tone is dark and cold but monotone without emotion or hint of alternative motive. "I only heard whispers of you in my travels... you are quite strong..." he comments. Lazav looks down to Midnight with a vey brief but subtle expression of concern.

"Listen, I already told you I'm sorry, but I don't care if the ship scratched your paint job, it's a republic cruiser!" This clone captain had been arguing with him for five minutes over some little scratch on the ships hull, when the only damage was a little scratch to the paint. "You're not getting this are you? My friend and I are bounty hunters, that ship that bumped into belonged to a dark jedi, he's dead now because that was the stipulation of the bounty, and since neither my trandoshan friend or I are the owner of the vessel, I'm not paying for any damages!"

The trianii growled, he's feline teeth showing for a moment and his tail swishing back and forth. Baltan knew he was pushing his luck, and he didn't have any problem with the republic, but technically he was right. Besides, the dead sith's ship didn't really cause any actual damage to the ship, it just nudged it.

Geenak held up his clawed hands in a placating manner and spoke in his rough voice. " Whoa, hey, I'm not the one making the noise, they're the ones making the noise. I'm just an associate of the louder noise maker. Name's Geenak little lady, pleasure to make your acquaintance. "

He held out his hand and smiled at her, once again forgetting that as a Trandoshan, smiling came across as a bit more threatening than friendly, regardless of what his eyes might say, since most beings simply saw the teeth.

( He sounds like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72EplJzOJjg, and he's tall, 6 foot 4 )

"Nice to meet you Geenak, I'm Symphonic Fire. I'm the Jedi who is helping with the mission. You can speak Dosh to me if it's easier for you, i studied the language" Fire smiled and shook his hand. Did Sky ask for bounty hunters? They must be with the reinforcements, we were a little short on numbers.

Fire's smile faded as she suddenly thought about Helia. When did she meet with Midnight? Why is she here? Who gave her permission to fly a republic fighter in the first place? It's too late to get rid of her, Midnight already has affection for her. She must be a stowaway who snuck onto the ship, trying to mask the force in her. But why didn't the ship send out an alert for an unauthorized launch?

Baltan grumbled as the captain finally gave up and walked away, the trianii turned to look at Fire, who looked so much like a Jedi it wasn't funny. He groaned internally at the sight of a Jedi, but extended his hand in greeting anyway, "Name's Baltan, sorry about all that yelling, and just so we're clear I'm a Trianii, not a Cathar." He'd been mistaken for a Cathar so many times it made him sick, but right now that was the least of his concerns right now, he was in the middle of a republic ship and had no ship of his own.

" Uhh...we can be...we didn't exactly..intend to end up here, our previously space worthy ship which we liberated from its owner, decided to make an impromptu pit stop on this cruiser...by rubbing against the side...rather violently...we crashed, basically. "

He shrugged. " But, all that aside, what do you need help with? I'm certain I can convince my friend here to assist, right Balty ol buddy ol pal ol friend? " Geenak nudged Baltan in the side with his elbow.

"We are after the black sun, they are responsible for the deaths of many Jedi and soldiers. They have recently blown up a couple of our ships on Coruscant. We are still finding their base" Fire replied with a frown.

Midnight rested against the table, keeping her eyes closed as she opted to just rest for the time being.

"I'm sorry for that, losing control I mean. I'm just not used to it all, Now knowing this power, then suddenly having all of this, I just need training, your help, Fire's help, to control this. I can control it, and not, fall to the Dark Side.. I know I can. control it, I just need help..fine tuning it"

She tried to lean up, but her wounds screamed at her and she felt herself nearly pass out again from the pain alone. However, she reached out and roughly grabbed Helia's hand.

"H-hey..." She started, before hearing another voice, this one adressing Helia! Who was it?! She wanted to open her eyes, but couldn't, they were too heavy and she needed her rest. "D-did, who..was that?" She asked, too exhausted to feel fear at how vulnerable and weak she was in her current state.

Archived