The republic in danger

Helia sighed, watching Midnight. Something about the situation just made it so sigh-worthy. "Fire is a Jedi, I'm afraid, Midnight. She is bound by the Code not to teach you how to control it. Only to suppress it. But I can teach you how to control it, and control it well. To bend your power to your will, and use it as a tool should be used. Master it. Do not let it master you." She put a gentle hand on Midnight's arm and ran it along the limb, pouring healing energies into her and she went. "And everything will turn out alright. I promise."

She then turned to the 'new arrival'. The moment he identified himself she knew there was no way he could have simply slipped into the room, unless he was extremely fast. But even then she would probably have sensed him coming quite clearly. There could be no dispute, however, that he was a Force-user. Great, she thought, gloomily. I hope he's not a Jedi.

"I'm surprised you heard of me at all." She said, neutrally. "I've never heard myself mentioned anywhere except the Council itself." She turned to Midnight. "Don't worry, just a visitor it seems. Rest easy."

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baltan raised an eyebrow, "Black Sun? Weren't they a crime syndicate? Those guys have been around forever, someone on Coruscant must have ticked them off something fierce." His partner was already offering their assistance to this jedi, and Baltan wasn't too sure he was in board with it. Why should he risk his neck for free just because Geenak had a soft spot for jedi? "We're just gonna offer to help for nothing? Just like that?"

" A free starship? Awesome! Oh, speaking of starships, at some point we should go retrieve my ship, its got me and my friends starfighters in it. Oh, when we have time of course. " He rubbed his chin with a clawed hand. " Hmm...not sure I want to be known everywhere in the galaxy...eh, whatever. Thoughts, Baltan? "

Baltan looked at his trandoshan partner, "My thoughts G, are that I want to get paid for the bounty on that dark jedi, that guy was worth fifty thousand credits dead!" The day had started off pretty well, the dark jedi hadn't been as difficult to take down as they'd thought, but then the ship had bumped into the cruiser, and now they were stuck here.

Lazav nods to Heila. "Indeed but you are like me... phantoms of the Order... only ghost stories to scare the younglings..." he comments. His dark grey eyes scan Helia but then snap to Midnight as she tries to speak. He says nothing. You will remember me in good time. The black clad Jedi stands silently as the group converses amongst themselves until mention of a hunt for a dark Jedi is mentioned. Hmmmm... interesting... surprising these two took such a foe down... they will prove to be useful for sure... "What's this about a Dark Jedi?"

" Oh, she was some little snotty nerff herder who thought lightsabers could block a full clip from a flechette launcher. Boy, she sure was surprised when at least 70% of each shot went right past her guard and ground her into bantha steak! " Geenak began laughing heartily, slapping his knee and wiping a fake tear from his eyes before letting out a hoot and sighing.

" But yeah, we kept her face intact enough to collect her bounty, think her name was Reana Nevariss? She was a chiss. Told us to 'beg for our lives', HA! Ahh...yeah...she is super dead. "

"Ahh, i see" Fire said rubbing her chin. "Anyways it's great to have met the both of you. I would have introduced you to the commander of the fleet, but he must have went somewhere. Do you need anything?"

Baltan held up a ring, "This ring was to be brought as proof the contract was completed, apparently they figured she'd never let it leave her finger unless she was dead, not sure if there was any truth to that, but she's a goner either way so it doesn't really matter." He put the ring back in his bag and crossed his arms as he looked at Fire, narrowing his eyes.

Midnight has a feeling that Helia was lying, whoever was in the med bay was no normal visitor. But, she couldn't do much anyway and opted to remain lying down, clutching the crystal in her hand. She closed her eyes tightly, and ignored Helia's advice. She started to reach around her, feeling the ship around her.

She could feel the troops, the ships, but there was something else. Something was there. She felt something was happening to the ship, but she had no idea what it was, and she couldn't speak it, her body was failing her once again.

Suddenly the ships alarm started wailing

"ATTENTION ALL TROOPS. ALL TROOPS ARE TO REPORT TO THE ARMORY BEFORE MOVING TO THE FRONT OF THE SHIP, SECTION A TO U. I REPEAT, WE NEED EVERYONE TO MOVE NOW! ALL JEDI, SPECIAL FORCES AND OTHER TROOPS NEED REPORT TO THE BRIDGE FOR SPECIAL ORDERS"

Midnight sat up straight away, or at least, tried to. She let out a cry of pain and feel back onto the table, curling up in the pain. "Helia........w-what is happening..? the alarm is going..off..." she coughed out, before giving up on moving and crashing into the bed, her hand going limp and the red crystal falling onto the ground.

"Midnight!" Helia lurched forward and pressed her hand harder onto her body, intensifying the flow of energy for a moment before realising the futility of it. She sighed and moved back a little, summoning the red crystal from the ground and up into her grip. She patted the unconscious Midnight and whispered, "Sleep tight." And perhaps I should do a little something. Just a little something to prove. She opened her lightsaber's crystal housing and shook out the yellow crystal, dropping it into her palm and slipping it into her cloak, and adding in only the red crystal, snapping the housing close afterwards. She turned to Lazav. "It seems that we have a job to do. If you are indeed part of the ship's crew, either before or from this point." She shook her head. "As much as I detest being labelled as a Jedi, we ought to report and help. We'll meet Fire and the others at the bridge." She rolled her eyes. "I'm halfway thankful she isn't with us here, in the medbay."

With that she exited the room, striding towards the bridge and slipping her lightsaber back into her cloak.

Geenak looked to the side and twirled his claws around in a dismissive gesture. " Eeh, technically we don't have to go anywhere, nor do anything, since I'm pretty sure you alone don't have the authority to give us the payment you just promised us, which means we don't work for you yet. Buuuut, I like excitement and pretty jedi's, so lead the way miss Fire! "

He snorted and nudged Baltan with his elbow as he began following after her. " Hehe, see what I accidentally did there? Miss Fire? Heheh... "

Baltan chuckled at Geenak's terrible joke, "Watch yourself ma'am, this big lizard has a thing for jedi." He figured he could cause his partner some embarrassment as some small act of revenge. "I suppose we could hold off on collecting that bounty for just a while, seeing as we're already here."

" Oh, I would never part a lady from her ship! Especially a ship of such...high profile as being owned by the grand army of the republic and used by the jedi! Why, I'd set off its internal tracking and warning mechanisms with every stop I made! " He laughed again sighed.

" And despite what my friend says, I don't have a thing for jedi, they' re the ones who apparently have a thing for me! I mean, look at me! I'm not exactly screaming 'eligible bachelor' with my looks and attire over here! But somehow I landed myself a hot jedi knight for a wife! I mean, what's up with that? "

He sighed again, his face taking on a mournful look. " At least, I used to have a hot jedi wife before she went and got herself killed. But I guess by that point she wasn't technically a jedi anyway, since you guys frown on relationships and all that. "

He reached down and grasped the broken hilt of a lightsaber hanging from his belt, looking at it forlornly.

The captain turned to see Fire, plus two other troops he did not recognize arrive on the bridge. Whoever was with the JedI Fire, they one looked like a Cathar, but that didn't matter. If the Jedi was with them, then it was enough.

"We've got trouble. Enemy boarding craft snuck under our ship, we had no idea. They've penetraded the front and started overwhelming our men. Most are CIS droids, but several empire troops are tearing my men up. I need you to take a team and set up a front line with the troops. Stop those droids from advancing. We cannot give up any critical systems to them. They're pressing towards the life support systems right now. If we lose those, then all power in the medical bays will be lost, all clones being healed might as well sign their death sentences if that happen."

The captain turns around, looking our the front of his ship.

"You know what needs to be done. Move it Fire! Also, make sure any other special forces make it here, given the size of the enemies, we're going to need all the help we can get"

The ship rocked slightly from an internal explosion, as CIS assassination droids charged into the Clone front lines. While most were destroyed, some got through, but the clones were forced to defend against the wave of enemy blaster fire, and took cover. They needed reinforcements, or else they were going to lose control of the life support systems, and that would be a disaster.

Fire held on tightly as the ship rumbled. "I thought Jedi weren't supposed to marry, you must have been a lucky guy" Fire said as she listened to her orders. "I'm on it! Where are the imperials? Baltan, Geenal and I will support the troops"

"Front line is currently at the forward cannon units, though i'm ordering all troops to make a defensive line a few sectors ahead of life support. We lose life support, we might as well abandon ship. Make sure they hold, I'm not giving up my ship to those criminals." replied the captain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Clones on the front line were getting shot down, one by one, until they retreated. CIS droids charged forwards, pressing the attack. At the back of the assault were several Empire troops, watching the droids advance. They would be a perfect distraction while they commenced their mission, after all, several individuals on this ship interested them. Unique individuals, ones with great potential, and that was something they wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The medics in the med bay watched as Helia left, and continued their operations to keep their wounded healed. The clone in charge of keeping Midnight healthy was confused at how a large portion of her chared skin was actually healed, before ajusting her treatment to suit the seemingly speedy recovery. Instead of weeks, the new chart estimated mere minutes, since the major operation required new skin. With that gone, all she really needed was reset of her pain receptors and she'd be good to go, even if she would be adamantly weak.

"I'm on my way, make sure that there are no disguised Imperials. If we are lucky we may be confronted by a sith" Fire scowled, turning around as she head to the sector.

"You guys make sure no one gets through us. If something happens to me, leave me and get everyone to safety. Good luck" she said as she finally arrived. She immediately ignited her lightsabers and force jumped to the front line, cutting down every droid that got to her. She quickly force pushed some away from wounded soldiers so the others could take him to a safer place. She continued to deflect bolts back at the droids and stop them from advancing.

Lazav rushes to catch up to Fire, his black cloak trailing behind him. He arrives to the sounds of blaster fire and droids marching towards the group. "You guys make sure no one gets through us. If something happens to me, leave me and get everyone to safety. Good luck" says Fire as she then draws her lightsabers and begin to defect blaster fire. "Underestimating yourself, are you?" he says sarcastically as his purple blade ignites as well, holding it like a combat knife. In his other hand he arms an EMP grenade. "I'll disable the first wave and they we push. Break their toys and you will break them. Ready?" Lazav asks he readies himself. His cold steely eyes focused forward on the action.

Helia nodded as she listened to the instructions from the captain. It seemed the situation really was very dire. The life support system was critical; if it was destroyed then they would lose a significant portion of their forces, possibly crippling their entire operation in the sector against Black Sun. And there were Separatist droids here too...? This strangeness was running deeper than she thought. Pulling the hood of her jet-black cloak up, she nodded to the captain and turned, striding over to the battle zone. This would be a prime moment to showcase her powers again.

Once she reached, she kept her hood on but pulled her electrum curved-hilted lightsaber out of her cloak. She moved forward, within sight of Fire, and ignited its crimson-red blade, flinging the lightsaber forward in a saber throw, cutting down several droids in a row. She then extended her hands, crackling brightly with blue electricity, and unleashed a wave of Force Lightning over a huge number of droids. She knew the extended range would lead to lower power, but a lower amount of power would be required to short-circuit the droid systems anyway given their inherent conductivity.

"Stay back!" She snapped to the clone troops and whoever else was around as the stream of lightning continued to emanate from her fingers. "Shoot them once they're disabled, but otherwise stay back!" She turned to Lazav. "You could always throw that grenade, but I think I've got it covered, huh? Do your best."

"Huh? Why does this guy have a lightsaber? Is he a Jedi? I've never seen him before" Fire thought as she replied to him "Yea, i'm on it"

Fire continues to use the force to push back the droids, doing a few combos before she sees Helia useing the force lightning. She didn't like it but in her current situation she didn't want to say anything. Did the other force user sense Helia's darkness? Or is he dark as well? He could also have been a Jedi that didn't want to continue being associated with the order. He wields a purple lightsaber, he could be light.

Archived