I Just Wanna Fly (Open)

Lux

335gvm9.jpg

"Good Gravy!", Wind Walker thought to herself as she surveyed the small path. Somepony or probably even someponies must have been pulling a pretty heavy wagon, or at least one with a bad wheel to cause so much damage. As she silently wondered who would fix up all this mess, she overheard her opponent.

"Hey Wind, I'm flying! I'm..."

"That's...Oh..", she heard the painful sound of the filly hitting ground and quickly made her way to the scene of the accident. "Oh feathers...". She quickly found a spot to land and quickly helped the Pegasus pony back onto her hooves. "Let me see...Oh...", she studied Scootaloo's face for a moment and let out a relieved sigh, "While the road is a little messed up, there are some parts where the dirt is loose and soft, thankfully you landed in the soft stuff, if you didn't, I'd probably be getting you over to the hospital about now. " She also noted that the helmet would have protected her if she landed on her head, and while dorky to the highest degree of dorkyness, the helmet was missing a chin-protector, which would have helped her even more.

"You're a little on the smudgy side.", she opened up her saddlebags and pulled out a small OFFICIAL WONDERBOLTS™ ACTION CANTEEN, which included not only the OFFICIAL WONDERBOLTS™ logo, it also featured popular WONDERBOLTS flyer, Soarin' standing in a jaunty pose on the front, "Here, you might want to rub a little on your face, just to make sure the dirt isn't hiding any bruises. You're not feeling any sort of pain?", she quickly hoofed over the water, "You can also have a drink if you want.", she put on a smile, hoping her new friend was okay.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scootaloo shakily got up, her face caked in dirt as she shook the dizziness from her mind. Before speaking she spit out some dirt on the ground while giving a disgusted look.

"Bleagh! Yeah this road is a little messed up isn't it? i'm ok, just a bit scuffed up. I'm used to it especially with my friends and the adventures we had."

The filly then noticed Wind Walker produced a unique canteen that Scootaloo recognized instantly.

"Hey, I have one of those too, only it didn't have Sorin on it but Spitfire. I got it for my birthday a year ago. Oh, thanks for the water."

The orange filly took a little of the water on her hoof and rubbed it on her face, removing some but not all of the dirt. She then took a drink which was great after a race.

"Well, hopefully I won't get stuck in any more ruts," Scootaloo replied after checking to see that the scooter was still able to be ridden, "So, ready to finish this race?"

Z9byKDy.png?1

Wind Walker patiently watched as Scootaloo washed up, “Adventures? Eh? Do you know a kid named ‘Bebop Jazz’? Lives here in Ponyville.”, she waited for a response, “We actually went on a little field trip together, along with some teachers and other kids to these caverns they discovered under the big mountain-hill thing they have near the big castle. Our group ran into an actual real Ursa Major! She was sleeping underground, and our little group sort of woke her up..And crazy stuff happened! Bebop, some crystal kid and myself got separated from our group and we ended up lost even further underground. It was scary."

She nodded her head as the filly threw in a few words of her own, "I actually got to chat with Captain Spitfire during a book singing not that long ago, and wow, she is really nice. Even gave me this cool little Wonderbolts type pin....Hmmmm.", Once she was ready, Wind Walker got a better look at the pony, "Thank Celestia you're tough, just like me..Not a bump. Not a bruise. I do hope when you're old enough, you join the R.E.A.....Which I'm gonna do...Just like my entire family..."

Once Scootaloo was ready, Wind got back into a 'race-pose' and started anther countdown before stopping, "Actually, it's your turn to start the race back up...On your count.."

"Hmm... Bebop Jazz," Scootaloo said thinking for a moment of all the ponies she knew that were her age before replying, "You know, there is a pony named Bebop who is in my school but I don't think her last name is Jazz. I think it's slide. She's a unicorn that likes to play the harmonica but she strangely doesn't talk."

Realizing that she got off track from the conversation, the orange filly remembered the epic adventure of Wind Walker and others in the caves below Canterlot.

"Wow, that's so cool. I saw an Ursa Minor here, so I can only imagine what it would be like seeing an Ursa Minor. I guess things turned out ok seeing that you're safe."

It was neat to hear that Wind Walker had the change to meet Spitfire and have a book signed by the captain of the Wonderbolts. The pin was just icing on the cake of what seemed like a great day for the blue filly. Admittedly the orange Pegasus felt a little jealous but she knew that there may be a chance to meet a Wonderbolt some time as the frequently made appearances.

As she got a once over look by Wind Scootaloo rolled her eyes when she heard that dreaded phrase "when you're older." It seemed like the answer all older ponies gave to quell any chance for her being able to fly or get her cutie mark in the near future. What was older anyway, a month, a year, several years? Still it wasn't so bad coming from Wind as she too longed in the future to become a member of the REA.

"Gee, I never thought about joining the military. You said your whole family is in the REA?"

The filly realized it was her turn to start the race again, hoping that the last leg into the center of town would be one without hold ups or mishaps.

"Ok get ready, get set and go!"

335gvm9.jpg

"Oh right! Bebop Slide!", Wind felt a little foalish for not getting her friend's full name correctly. Had she been calling her 'Jazz' all along? She felt a slight blush coming, but shook it off, "She doesn't talk cause she's not able to do so." The little filly recalled when the she, Bebop and Flakey, the other little pony they were with had fallen deep into the darken caverns after their run in with the oversized 'star bear'. Thankfully, they landed in the water, but if the unicorn had been capable of speech, she would have had said something during their fall. "Now that I think about it, I wonder if the bear wasn't actually going to attack us. Maybe it was just upset that we woke it up.

"Yup.", the filly replied rather proudly to Scootaloo's question about her family being in the R.E.A. "Every single member of my family is in the Royal Equestrian Army. I've been told my family has been serving since even before Equestria was formed.", While not everypony in her family was out marching about in armor, there were many fields in the R.E.A that were considered 'behind the scenes', like her mother who wrote and updated training manuals. "My dad's currently trying to whip some sort of guard here in Ponyville, so hopefully we won't have a repeat of "Nightmare Night'. She shuddered as she remembered what a true 'nightmare' that night was. Thankfully a few months of therapy had her sleeping in her own bed once more, although with a night-light.

Once the other Pegasi was ready, Wind Walker took off once again. She whizzed over the path, which still had an assortment of bumps and dips, thankfully, none were as bad as the one Scootaloo crashed into. After glancing ahead, she found the cause of the path-damage, when she caught sight of two ponies pushing a rather large cart over an old stone bridge. While she could simply fly over the pair and their cart, this would break her rules, so she took a detour over the little stream near the bridge. The filly lowered her hooves into the water as she did. While this slowed her down, it did feel rather nice. She wondered silently how Scootaloo would get through this predicament!

As the race progressed, Scootaloo could hear Wind Walker explain that Bebop couldn't speak according to their encounter below Canterlot. The filly felt sad for her classmate. She couldn't even fathom what it would be like to not be able to speak to her friends! Wind also spoke of her family, how everypony was involved in some way with the REA. She wondered what it would be like growing up in a family like Wind Walker's and having a certain expectation to be part of the military. It would sure give some certainty but maybe the pressure to perform well would be too great.

"Don't get me started about Nightmare Night," Scootaloo said with a shudder recalling the last year's festivities gone wrong. She and her friends were ready for an evening of frights, fun, and of course candy but then suddenly the changelings appeared. Thankfully everypony survived, but Scootaloo was a little apprehensive about this year's events, hoping it would be the normal time of fun.

The two racer saw their goal in sight until they then saw it: the bridge leading to Ponyville blocked by a cart! She swerved to a stop before colliding with the ponies and the cart.

"Ok, no bridge no problem," she replied as she looked for another way across. She noticed Wind crossing the stream and got an idea. Starting up her wings she backed away from the bridge and then zoomed down the embankment and into the stream, her speed just enough to cross it without having to get off her scooter and walk it across.

"See you at the finish line," Scootaloo said as she entered town but to her horror she stopped. There were tons of ponies about the town, making the path to the statue which stood out in the distance amongst the sea of colors very tricky.

"I have to find another way around this, but how?"

335gvm9.jpg

As Wind Walker made it over the small stream, she noticed that the town center was buzzing with activity. There were ponies of all shapes, sizes and colors scattered about the area as there apparently was some sort of open air market/festival thing going on. The little filly spotted an older mare who was busy going through a selection of books at one of the booths. "Hey mom!", she waved at the mare who glanced over at the blue pony with a smile that quickly shifted into a worried look. "Hey Wind! Watch where you're going!", she yelped.

The filly let out a yelp as she returned her attention to what was actually in front of her, which was a steady line of ponies who were all lined up at one of the food carts. She was able to avoid crashing into the last pony in line by thrusting herself into the air. The little Pegasus returned to her previous path, closer to the ground, and managed to nimbly avoid most of the festival's participants, but ended up with a popcorn bucket on her head as she got a little too close to a waste receptacle as one pony was tossing it away. "Oh for pony's sake!", Wind yelped as she quickly shook off the slightly icky box.

As the box was tossed aside, Wind noted the 'finish line' was nearly upon her. The distractions were more than enough for the be-scootered filly to catch up with her, as long as she managed to avoid the crowd as well. So this was still any-pony's race.

Just when she though it was a clear path to the finish line, Scootaloo realized her final test had just begun. There were crowds of ponies everywhere making going fast on his scooter not an option. She pressed on, eyes focused on the statue in the center of town and her hooves gripped tightly to the scooter. The filly zoomed ahead passing by the first pony in question. She narrowly missed two other as these ponies walked in opposite directions, threatening to close in on the filly.

"Hey, can't you see I'm in a race here?" Scootaloo shouted as she turned to see to her horror a cart full of pumpkins in her way. She tried to go around it but plunged headlong into one of the squash. With a splat the filly got out covered in pumpkin goo and seeds.

"Yuck!" she said trying to get as much of it off her while grabbing her scooter and hopping down from the wagon, hoping she wasn't too far behind.

335gvm9.jpg

Wind Walker cringed as her gamboge colored opponent ran into a pumpkin. There were only a few things in life that the little filly really hated. Along with cranky authority figures, bullies, the scent of an really old pony, boiled carrots, there was also STICKY. She hated to get sticky! And seeing poor Scootaloo covered in nasty pump-gunk, gave her an idea. As she zoomed along the assorted stalls, she spotted on that sold little bottled waters. After quickly hoofing out a few bits, she scored a small bottle that had yet to be chilled as she flew along. This lost her a few seconds in the race, but just seeing the poor filly all sticky almost made her feel as if she was covered in the nasty goo herself. After tossing the bottle into her pack, she returned to her previous speed, and soon the two ponies were racing neck 'n' neck.

With the 'finish line' fountain quickly racing towards the pair, the filly noticed that the griffon appeared to be nowhere in sight. Silly bird! He was supposed to be there to see who came in first! Maybe she should have asked the adult to do this. He was probably snoozing back at the 'starting line', dreaming whatever griffons dream in autumn.

The race was almost over! This was going to be a close one! But who would win?

The race was almost over. Scootaloo could see it, even taste it! Or maybe it was just the taste of pumpkin goo in her mouth! Yuck! Well after all the troubles along the way the two were closer to their goal and nothing would get in her way!

"There it is! Victory here I come!" she said accelerating the scooter and weaving past the ponies. Just when she thought that she had reached the fountain she hit a puddle with a splash. The wheels suddenly spun and soon Scootaloo felt herself spinning with the scooter like a little orange tornado.

"Wooohoo! This is fun!" She exclaimed until her fun was cut to a halt when she collided with a thud against something herd.

"Ugh! Did I win? Was that the statue?" she said a little groggy from the hard hit.

335gvm9.jpg

Around the same time Scootaloo made her way into the ‘finish line’, the sound of a second ‘BONK’ could be heard as well. But who made the first bonk? “We probably should have picked a more fluffy form of a finish line.”, Wind Walker groaned as she rubbed her head while watching tiny little imaginary Pegasi fly around her head. Thankfully the thick padding in her goggles prevented her from really hurting herself.

“Not really sure who won. Wish Mister Griffon was here to see.”, she was finally able to shake away the grogginess and the ‘Pegasi’ from her mind. “You probably did. That scooter of yours is awesome! Wooohoo indeed!”, she leaped into the air and did a quick little somersault before turning to the ground. "So if you want, could you show me the town? I've been around some of the more popular places, like the candy store, the movie theater, a few of the shops. I wanted to stop at that really nice tree-library I saw when I was here during 'Nightmare Night', but I think I forgot where it was, since I only found this buck-ugly crystal-kingdom looking castle where I was pretty sure the library was..Oh, and this...Please hold still for a second, and shake when I'm done."

Not a fan of seeing the poor filly caked in nasty pumpkin guts, the Pegasi returned to the air and emptied out her water bottle onto Scootaloo. "Don't worry, it's not cold. Just shake!"

To her surprise her racing partner was not far behind, hitting the same statue at roughly the same time.

"Yeah, maybe we should have chose a different finish line. Yeah, not sure who won. You know what? Let's call it a tie! You raced great flying so low and not hurting yourself."

Shaking off the last of the dizziness, the pony was pleased at the race that uplifted her spirits. Now on with the tour.

"Sure I can show you the town. There are lots of cool places to see here! On and you wanted to see the Golden Oaks Library? Yeah, sorry to ruin the fun but the library is gone. Shame, I really like going there with my friends. Princess Twilight tried to help me learn how to build and fix things."

335gvm9.jpg

“Yeah, my flying teacher Miss Frizzlemane would probably agree that this was a far better training exercise than say, climbing a mountain.”, the little filly said the last word as if it was almost a curse word. Once the world stopped shaking, she slid off her goggles and placed them back into her pack. “So, if the library is gone, where do you get books?”

(Answer would go here..)

“Guess that monster must have destroyed it. I heard he was stomping around all over Ponyville. Good thing nopony got hurt.”, she turned away from their ‘finish line’ and watched as the assortment of ponies made their way about town center. “Most of my family were pretty busy during that whole thing, but only my brother Speed and sister Fire got to join up with the others to face Tirek...They didn't do so well, but at least they did not get hurt." While Wind Walker was no fan of Princess Twilight Sparkle, she did smile as the other filly mentioned how helpful. "So, where should we go? This town might be little, but I've heard it's got a lot of great places to check out."

Scootaloo cocked her head to the side with a confused look at what the Pegasus said. Did she really climb a mountain? Scootaloo and her Crusader friends thought they once climbed a mountain but no it was just a hill. Maybe that was what Wind climbed. Her thoughts though did redirect towards the topic of the now gone Golden Oaks Library and where ponies could get their books now.

"Yeah Tirek really did mess things up here. He destroyed the library and several other buildings too while battling Princess Twilight. Most were rebuilt but some were not. I was ok because I hid in the woods where Tirek wouldn't find me. Others I knew weren't so lucky. They got their cutie marks taken away and the Pegasus ponies couldn't fly and the unicorns couldn't do their magic and the earth ponies couldn't do... what earth ponies do!"

It was clear that that event was still fresh on the filly's mind as she spoke at a blinding speed. Quickly though she recovered and continued speaking to her new found friend.

"But things got better. All the books that could be salvaged and some from other places brought here went to the new library in the castle. There's even a new librarian there that helps ponies. Lore Weaver I think his name is, and he's really smart! If you want I can introduce you to him. I still see Twilight as well too though, but I guess she needed somepony to help her with the library. Have you met Twilight Sparkle? Besides that there are lots of cool places to visit. What direction do you want to start out with first?'

335gvm9.jpg

"I was at Canterlot at that time with some of my family when that was going on.", the little filly's smile vanished as she remembered the attack, "My father ordered some of the R.E.A to round up civilians and get them all to these underground bunkers. I wanted to stay and help fight that monster, but I too ended up being sent to the underground.", she let out a small sigh, "It was dark, hot and boring, but we were safe." Wind Walker nodded as the filly spoke, "Er, Earth ponies are really strong and good with nature, which is why so many are farmers, rangers and cooks. Along with flying, we're pretty useful for keeping the weather in watch, and we also have a slight magical field of protection that keeps us from getting hurt when we crash...At least that's what I've been told..", she added, "Like when you fell of your scooter while going really fast. If that happened to an non-Pegasus, she probably would have had more bumps and bruises than you ended up with."

She nodded when Scootaloo asked if she had ever met the good princess, "Yeah, but it was only for a moment." Wind was always told to never speak poorly about others, but she was not a fan of the purple mare. The unicorn mare did what many other adults tended to do when children were about, and that was to simply pretend they did not exist. Maybe Twilight was having a bad day? Or maybe she was trying to keep that crazy unicorn that made a rather large scene while in line at Sweet Apple Acres from hurting anypony. "I'm happy go go wherever you want to, so just lead on, and I'll follow!"

Scootaloo could see that there was a mutual bond in their experience with the attack on Ponyville. She could see the filly unlike being afraid actually wanted to fight Tirek!

"You wanted to fight Tirek? Wouldn't you be captured and drained of magic like the others?"

The filly offered some insight as to what earth ponies had in terms of magic. As a Pegasus Scootaloo knew that wings made her unique and unicorns had horns and magic. But from knowing Apple Bloom the orange filly could guess it had to do with nature. What really interested Scootaloo was learning that a Pegasus had a field of protection.

"You know I never heard that a Pegasus had a magical protection, but hearing this makes sense. There were times when riding my scooter or trying to fly or even being with my friends when I was surprised that I wasn't really hurt. Now it makes sense."

The filly noticed how quickly Wind Walker transitioned from a brief mentioning of Princess Twilight Sparkle to seeing where they would go next. Everypony had their favorite Princess but Scootaloo wonder what caused Wind to react so strongly. At any rate it wasn't her business, and Scootaloo knew what happened when she stuck her nose in other ponies' secrets. So she left it alone and decided on the next place to go.

"Well you said you've been to Sugarcube Corner. Ever been to the park?"

335gvm9.jpg

“Well, not alone, but imagine taking on a horrible monster with your brothers, sister and even the Wonderbolts at your side!”, the little filly did a swift loop in the air, “We’d be unstoppable! But my parents didn’t think so, and they sent me to go with the babies and the old ponies.”, Wind returned to the ground, “Still, I’m confused. That big monster was able take away their ability to fly, but I could never figure out why they didn’t try to do anything else. They just laid their on the ground doing nothing.”, the filly let out a huff, “My brother Cordy told me that the monster’s magic make them feel really funny and they couldn’t move at all, but I just wish we could have done something....Thankfully the heroines that live here saved the day...Hoping to meet them all....One of these days...Got to meet Applejack who is really cool, and of course Rainbow Dash, and Princess Twilight. Also ran into Pinkie Pie a few times, and she’s fun. Haven’t met the other Pegasus...Forgot her name, but she’s really pretty. Saw her in a magazine while waiting to get my hair cut. Saw the other unicorn girl at wedding I was at, but never got her name.”

She (thankfully) stopped yammering for a moment to let the other filly put a few words in, which she nodded her head to, “The park? Er, no, but I’ll race you to it!”, she added with a wink.

Now Scootaloo could see the truth. It wasn't about Wind Walker facing Tirek on his own, it was about proving himself by fighting alongside the older members of his families. Scootaloo understood this as she too wanted to prove that she could be just as good as any Pegasus and finding her talent.

"Well I don't know what happened to the ponies who met Tirek. I've heard that Pegasus ponies couldn't fly like you said. I also heard that ponies felt... well... drained of energy like they were really really tired. Kind of I guess the feeling of being tired after a long day of adventuring. As for who I've met, I've met who defeated Twilight, I've really met them all! Of course I met Rainbow Dash as we're like sisters with each other. One of my friends named Apple Bloom is the sister of Applejack. My other friend Sweetie Belle is a sister of Rarity, the other unicorn that you said. The three of us met Twilight who is helping us to find our talents, Pinkie Pie who we see in Sugarcube Corner, and Fluttershy who is the other Pegasus that's great with animals."

With the park sounded like a good idea for Wind they were ready to go, but with a twist of yet another race. The orange filly smiled seeing that this one was full of energy!

"So, you want another race, huh? I guess we can do that."

335gvm9.jpg

The little filly nodded her head as Scootaloo spoke, "Yeah, I'm guessing their whole tactic of charging at him all in one very large and very neat little line probably wasn't the most sound of tactics.", Wind added, "When I pointed this out to my father, he usually just said a bunch of unrepeatable words and then had to throw a few more bits in the 'swear jar'. I'm hoping after Hoofball season is over with, we'll have enough money to go to Whinnyland in style next summer.", she continued to smile, but stopped as the little orange filly said something that confused her, "Huh? What? You've met ponies that defeated Twilight? In like, a game? Dance party?"

(Her response would go here..)

"And. Yep. Met most of those girls. And Rarity, she was at that wedding I was at. Heard she made most of the dresses for bride and bridesmaids. Shame the marriage itself was a bit of a bust.", her ears perked up as her desire to race flared up again, "Yeah, that scooter of yours wasn't made to go slow...So just name a place that will serve as the finish line, and since Mister Griffon isn't around, we'll have to start the countdown of three together."

OOC: We should just make this topic fully open!

Scootaloo laughed at the fact of hearing how Wind's father was slowly adding more money to the swear jar. She could just picture an old jag practically overfilling with bits. It was then that the filly realized that she made an error in her speech.

"oops, I meant that I met those who defeated Tirek, not Twilight. Because how could Twilight defeat herself, unless there were several other Twilights running around like what happened with Pinkie Pie."

Scootaloo cringed as she thought about that event. Pinkie Pie was a great pony, but having a dozen or so of them bouncing around was not a good thing at all. But now that that mistake was finished, onto the race!

"Alright, how about... the willow tree in the park. You can't miss it as it's by itself and right by the pond. Sound like a good place to you?"

Will be opening it up now to others.

• 2 weeks later...

335gvm9.jpg

"Well, if somepony could defeat that monster, Princess Twilight could. I heard she's like super-powerful with her magic.", Wind Walker placed her right hoof over her head and made 'magic' zounds as if she had a horn, 'Ka-Zap! Bing! Bing! Pat-oowie!'. And she's also pretty clever, so a big dumb monster wouldn't give her too much trouble, especially if she didn't pick the silly 'charge at him directly plan'.", she frowned as she removed her 'horn'." But I could see how her other friends could have helped. Applejack could have lassoed the big monster up, and Rainbow Dash could have clobbered him as he tried to get the rope off.", The filly was not sure what her other friends could have done. Maybe Pinkie Pie could have stuffed a great big pie in his face and gave him a tummy ache? Or Rarity? She could have made him his prison clothes.

The blue Pegasi pony quickly got into 'position' and slid her goggles back on. While she did not need them while flying so low, Wind just thought they looked 'cool'. Once Scootaloo was at her spot, the filly started the count. "5-4-3-2-ONE!"

Scootaloo giggled as Wind walker imitated a unicorn firing her magic out at monsters.

"Oh I'm sure that the others would help out if that happened. They did all help defeat Tirek after all. I didn't see it but I heard it was awesome! Other ponies talked about a huge rainbow explosion and then the castle appeared! I never really had anything magical like that happen to me though. But I guess being with friends is magical enough though."

The orange filly could see that Wind was ready for another race. Scootaloo got back on her scooter and waited as the countdown started. Even though she was a little winded from the last race this one would be shorter and slower having to go through town.At the word "go" Scootaloo took off and rode down the road, dodging ponies as she tried to reach the goal first. There were a number of ways to get to the park, but Scootaloo wanted to go for the cool way.

335gvm9.jpg

“Really?”, Wind looked hopeful, “Wish I could have seen all of that. They just shuffled me into an hidden bunker for a few hours.”, the filly added with a groan, “The air conditioning system smelled funny, the magazines they let us read were all really old, and they had nothing to drink, but this soda called ‘Jubel’, and I’m pretty sure they stopped making that stuff when my grandparents were kids. So while exciting stuff was happening, I was reading up on the top tips on maintaining ones sideburns and where to find the best bell-bottomed trousers.”

She got into ‘position’, “I just hope things are a little calmer this year.”, she added, “I don’t mind a little excitement, but I could do without giant monsters or attacking plants. When we’re at the Willow Tree, you’ll have to tell me about the school here.”, she spread her wings and she spoke, “This is gonna be weird. I’ll be going from a fairly large private school to an itty bitty one that looks like a painting from olden times.”

Once the count-down was ending, the Pegasi took flight and was soon trying her best to avoid running into other ponies. Scootaloo continued to be a little more adept at this, almost like she knew what she was doing. “Come on here! Can’t you see I’m in a race here?!”, Wind yelped as she nearly came face-to-flank with another rather hefty heifer. The little Pegasus pony had forgotten that along with having the fabled 'Sweet Apple Acres' farms, Ponyville was also Equestria's 'Cow-Town'.

Before taking off on the second race, Scootaloo heard about the bad conditions Wind Walker had to endure. Well, they weren't bad compared to having the energy sucked out of her but boring bad. And what exactly were bell bottoms anyway? Her eyes lit up when Wind explained she was going to a public school in Ponyville.

"Cool, sounds like you're going to my school! This will be so neat! Ms. Cheerilee is a very nice teacher and so are the others in class. Well, there is Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, but I'll point them out to you before they find you first."

The race was on... or was it. Scootaloo stopped immediately as a herd of cows moved slowly down the path, blocking her from moving any faster on her scooter than a slow crawl.

"Great, now I'm stuck until they move out of the way. And the view isn't great either!"

• 2 weeks later...

335gvm9.jpg

For such a large area, it was strange to see that it was rather difficult for two very little ponies to get anywhere. "Yow!", the little filly yelped as she promptly ran into the herd. The Pegasus pony made what sounded like a squeaky doggy toy noise as she was bounced between several of the large bovines. While some of the cows looked offended as the filly invaded their personal spaces, most were too distracted by the grass they were munching on. "Gah!", oddly enough, she managed to cross the sea of cattle, with only major injuries to her dignity.

She shook herself off, and after checking to see if Scootaloo was okay, Wind Walker returned to sky.

"Great, now I'm stuck until they move out of the way. And the view isn't great either!"

The nearest cow apparently was offended by the orange filly's comment, "Hmmmph!", she grumbled as she shuffled away, giving Scootaloo a gap! Would she be able to move quickly enough before the next cow shuffled into the spot?

Archived