I Just Wanna Fly (Open)

Lux

Scootaloo watched as her friend attempted to race through the maze of bovine only to bounce around like a squeak toy! For some reason though she got through, so maybe it wasn't that bad after all. Just then the sea of cows parted slightly, giving Scootaloo an opening to pass. But as quickly as it opened the filly could see it start to close. She reved her scooter and shot straight through the closing gap confident that she would make it through in time.

"I'm almost there just a little farther and..."

Her words were cut off suddenly as she became crushed between the two cows in front. She tried to wriggle free but her entire body and scooter was pressed between the two mooing masses.

"Help! I can't get free!"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

335gvm9.jpg

Still feeling a bit on the woozy side, the little filly drunkenly flew around in a few circles before getting her bearings back. As she did, Wind overheard Scootaloo's pleas for assistance.

"Help! I can't get free!"

"Huh?", she blurted out as the little blue Pegasus pony tried to find her new friend. Where the heck was she? Under the cows? Over the cows? Ooh! Between the cows. What a horrible fate!

Rushing over as quickly as she could fly, Wind tried her best to free the orange filly, but she was stuck! And while she considering forcing her out with a healthy push, the filly wisely believed this might hurt the girl.

Almost hearing her mother suggest a more polite and proper route, Wind Walker let out a sigh and in an friendly tone she asked, "Miss Cows, could you please let my friend go? She's sort of stuck."

"You want us to moooove?", the cows replied together.

"Yes", Wind responded. "You go that way and the other go the other way."

As the pair moved on, Scootaloo was now freed!

Once Wind was sure she was okay, she restarted the countdown, "5-4-3-2.............ONE!"

Caught between a cow and another cow, Scootaloo wondered when she would be freed. What an embarrassing place to be! Just when she was about to accept her face she heard a muffled voice that she knew was Wind walker but couldn't make out any words. Like two doors being forced open Scootaloo felt her fleshy prison open up. But before she could celebrate she fell with her scooter on the ground with a thud.

"Ugh! Thanks Wind! My legs were starting to go numb!"

No sooner was she freed the filly faced a restart of the race. She got back on her scooter and waited as the countdown started and the cows cleared the street. On the word go the filly accelerated down the street until she saw the entrance to the park! Never was she more excited to see the finish line after the incident with the cows. But she wasn't done yet as there was still getting to the tree which was near the pond. There has to be an easier way to cross without going around the pond, something she could do with style.

335gvm9.jpg

Wind Walker frowned a little as she rescued her new friend, "A bit rude, aren't they? After I asked my mother a half a zillion times what cows did for a living, and when she finally told me, I didn't drink milk for awhile, or even eat ice cream.", she helped the little filly up and made sure she was okay. "Guess I would be grumpy too, but it's an easy job. You just stand there. No need for an college degree."

Once the countdown was sounded, and the blue Pegasus was back into the air. As much as she tried not to, Wind continued to feel a hint of pity for her agile companion. Hopefully one of these days, the two will be able to fly together, wing to wing, along with a few other friends of hers, and even some new ones she had hoped to meet in her new home.

The weather was just perfect for flying. The wind had a slight winter's breeze to it, but it wasn't cold, not just yet. Her slight daydream landed her in second place, but she did not seem to mind. Wind enjoyed watching Scootaloo scoot about on her scooter. But what's this? There was a pond blocking their path. They could go around and follow the path towards the entrance, but where was the fun in that? There also had to be a way for Scoot to make it, but it had to be cool. But how?

After noticing a small brick that had fallen from an old fence, the little filly zoomed ahead and managed to scoop it up. Near the pond, there was a small board. What it was for, Wind did not know, but she knew what it could be used for. This too was snatched up. (OOC: Grabby hooves!)

Pushing all of her might into her wings, she managed to get ahead of the filly by just enough space.

As she got closer to the pond, she chucked the brick, which landed right at the end of the pond. Once she got near the small body of water, she released the board, which managed to land on the brick making an instant ramp! "Come on Scootaloo! Jump! Make it over the pond!", she turned slightly to see if this worked.

As Scootaloo pondered her problem of jumping the pond with style, she saw Wind fly overhead. Once again the filly felt bad not being able to fly. It was a nice day as she could feel the light breeze swirl past her, perfect to just flap a little and then glide to wherever she was going. Well maybe she one day would fly with her Pegasus friends like Wind Walker.

The filly was lost in her thoughts that she almost forgot that Wind was doing something with a brick and a board. looking closer the orange Pegasus noticed that in front of her was a ramp! A smile ran across her face at the new challenge and Wind's encouragement.

"Alright, here I go" she said as she made a wide circle to get more space between her and the ramp. Once she lined up with the ramp again she revved her wings and took off to the ramp, shooting off of it like a rocket. It was in that moment that the filly felt the ground leave her like what a Pegasus should experience. Now was time for a trick or to as she gripped the bars and did a little hoof stand before flipping around the scooter and giving it a little spin like in an aerial dance. She then felt herself falling back to earth and she pulled back on the scooter to make sure that the nose didn't hit the ground first. touching down she skidded to a halt, stopping an inch from the willow tree and the finish line.

"Woohoo! I did it! Did you see that Wind?"

• 3 weeks later...

335gvm9.jpg

Once the ramp was completed, Wind Walker stopped and watched the orange filly as she raced towards her quickly assembled ramp. The blue Pegasus pony let out an audible gasp as she hit the board just at the right speed and angle and couldn't even try to hide how impressed she was with Scootaloo as she soared over the ramp with the greatest of ease. The mystery of why she couldn't fly continued to creep into the girl's mind. There wasn't any reason why her new friend could not fly. Her wings were strong. She was agile as Spitfire slipping on a slip'n'slide and she was plenty brave. But as Wind's mother would say, you need to focus on the positives, not the negatives, and the orange filly was full of positives, and while she considered herself one cool pony, the second-hoof coolness from Scootaloo and her very cool friends Wind would acquire would make things even easier during her first day of school in Ponyville.

"Of course I saw that! That was awesome!", Wind let out a 'whoop' as she did a quick somersault in the sky. She did not even bother to try to cross the 'finish line', as Scootaloo won this one, hoof's down. "So, what do you wanna do next?"

OOC: Hopefully Glimmer will get her fuzzy birdy-behind over here by now... :razz:

Glimmer skipped happily along, her big purple bow bobbing up and down with each hop. Beside her, rolled a small armadillo that often at times hopped up and down like a ball.

"So Lula, we have the whole day for ourselves. What do you want to do?" Glimmer asked, stopping her skipping and picking up her pet as he uncoiled from a ball and stared at its owner.

Glimmer placed the side of her head as close to the armadillo's face as she could, tongue sticking out in a look of intense focus.

"Hmmm...nah. We tried peering into the future last time. All we saw was lava and brimstone...oh and that dragon." Glimmer said with a shake of her head. Future seeing was hard and gave her a headache anyway.

Also she felt sure that crystal ball she made her brother buy her was defective.

As Glimmer listened to a few more of her pets ideas, all involving mysticism and divination, where would they even get a book of spells anyway, she heard a familiar voice off in the distance and Glimmer looked around till she noticed a familiar blue little filly beside a ramp and what looked like an orange filly flying through the air on a scooter.

"Oooh! Look, there's Windy!" Glimmer cheered and quickly plopped her pet armadillo onto her head, and ran over. She ran faster and faster, flapping her wings to give her speed as she rushed straight for Windy.

"WINDY!!!" Glimmer cheered, tackling her friend into the tightest hug she could give.

In that moment of sailing in the air Scootaloo was excited, but there was a hint of sadness too. She knew that this was a fleeting moment of how any Pegasus should feel when taking to the air. But yet reality hit home again as she realized that she could not fly like Wind Walker could no matter how hard she tried. Again her mind turned to the fact that she was sure Wind also thought about, that something was wrong with her. But not wanting to spoil the fun she kept her bad feelings buried like she did many times before.

"Thanks," Scootaloo said as she thought about what other fun that the two could do. Before she could do so though she heard someone shout and turned just in time to see a female griffon tackling Wind in a hug!

"Um... hi there," Scootaloo said confused but also happy to see a new face in the park.

335gvm9.jpg

Before she could even try to figure out what the pair could do next, a familiar voice was heard, and this was followed by a pounce by one of her old friends. “Oh hey Glimmer and Lula.”, or was she wearing a hat that looked like the armadillo? That probably wouldn't make any sense, since the cute little griffon wearing her bow. And also hats don't blink. She returned the hug before popping out of her rather strong grip. "This is Scootaloo. She's kind of awesome.". While the filly thought the stunt-pony was a bit more than 'kind of' when it came to the very important skill of being awesome, she did not want to embarrass her new friend.

"We were racing around the parks, and I was got to watch Scootaloo doing some pretty cool stunts with that scooter of hers. So what have you two be up to?", Wind had not seen her fuzzy little friend since they spent the night together at the final sleepover in the Walker family manor in Ponyville. Scary stories had been told, s'mores had been made, Babs Seed did her fare share of grumbling, and Wind's older bother Punk, nearly burned the house down. Good times!

"We were trying to figure out what to do next.", the little blue Pegasus added with a smile, "Have any ideas?"

Glimmer smiled while her friend talked. She looked over at the orange filly and gave a polite bow of her head as her mom had taught her when meeting someone new. "Hello Scootaloo. My name is Glimmer." She than took Lula off her head and set her pet armadillo down on the ground, "And this is Lula."

It had certainly been a long time since Glimmer had seen her friend. Of course, there had been a rather good number of catastrophes since the last she saw her of course which had made travel rather difficult.

"Oh nothing much. Though I've been stuck back home in Aquilla forever almost after the whole Tirek incident. Mommy wouldn't let me out of her sight for a minute and daddy wouldn't let me go two feet away from the house. I'm sooooo glad you're okay." Glimmer gave Windy another hug before letting go. "But now I'm a free bird again. Razor is down in Canterlot on some business for our father."

Glimmer giggled, before standing straight and proud "Anyway, Razor decided I'm old enough to be able to roam a bit without his supervision and he let me take the train to here. Canterlot is kinda boring anyway."

"Oooh, that is what you were doing?" Glimmer said when Windy brought up stunts. She had a feeling that was the case, "Hmmm, any ideas...." Glimmer scratched her beak in thought, "Oh, why not get some snacks?

Glimmer than looked at Lula, who stared quietly up at the fillies and griffonness, "No Lula that's silly. Where would we get a cannon anyway. Armadillos are silly at times." She said the last to her friends.

Seeing how the two interacted, Scootaloo knew they Wind and the new Griffon with an armadillo were friends. Apparently the pet had a name, which made Scootaloo wonder where she got that armadillo from. maybe she went to Fluttershy's cottage. She gave Wind a strange look when she said the Pegasus was "kind of awesome." It wasn't that the filly thought that Wind was being mean, maybe modest.

Hello Scootaloo. My name is Glimmer. And this is Lula."

"Hi Glimmer and Lula," she said looking at the griffon and the armadillo. The conversation then turned to Glimmer's adventures, the announcement that she left her hometown on her own for the first time particularly interesting. Was the griffon younger that Scootaloo or was it just that Glimmer had a strict family? It wasn't a question that she was prepared to ask but one she still thought about. The talk about getting a snack gave Scootaloo an idea.

"Well if the two of you are looking for a place to eat, I know just the place! Follow me!"

• 2 weeks later...

335gvm9.jpg

The blue filly grinned as her fellow Pegasus pony gave her an odd look, "Alright! Geez! You're completely awesome! Didn't want to embarrass you...But seriously.", she winked at Glimmer, "She's like 'Fili-Second' on that scooter! Like in 'varoom!'", Wind made a mental mote to ask if they had any comic shops in Ponyville. Before moving, she had to cancel her subscription over at 'Heroes and Ogres'. She wasn't sure if she could miss another issue of the 'Power Ponies' or even 'Captain Equestrian'. She was so desperate for new comics, she came very close to sneaking a peak a the weird comics her brother Punk thought he had hidden in one of his bags. Zounds those ponies had big eyes!

"Well, duh.", Wind Walker playfully stuck out her tongue at the little griffon, "Of course Canterlot is boring! My family an't there no more!", she did a quick summersault in the air. It still sounded strange to her. Her family had lived in the old city since the first walls were put up. She had heard that two of her ancestors were part of Commander Hurricane's original squad. While there were a few cousins floating around the city, the majority of the family had gone their separate ways. Ponyville was now home to her parents as well. Sometimes her brother Punk would crash on the couch when he would visit.

One more thing surprised her, "Seriously? They let you come here alone, as in 'alone-alone'?" While Glimmer was getting older, she just had to see if there were any bushes or trees that sported black and hazel eyes. "Hmmmm.', she tried her best to find Razor's feline eyes before turning her attention back to her two friends. "Ulp! Right! Let's talk as we fly.", she added before following after the orange pony.

Glimmer hopped up and down as she followed after Scootaloo and Windy. She was so excited now! She made a new friend, got to see an old one she hadn't seen in a long time and was getting food.

It was just about time for lunch time anyway.

"Oh I don't think Canterlot is that boring. I mean, they got a lot of pretty clothe stores. And it is the home of the princesses." Glimmer said, "But now Ponyville has a princess and an awesome crystal castle."

Glimmer looked up, noting the crystalline structure.

"Hmmm, though it does sort of seem out of place in such a small town." Glimmer mused to herself mostly. She wondered if that castle was blocking anyponys view of the sunrise in the morning.

She giggled, noting Wind's looking around,"Yep, I'm alone. Though it's probably giving Razor ulcers. Though he has to accept I'm a growing young griffonness."

"So Scootaloo, can you do a lot of tricks with our scooter?" Glimmer asked the orange filly. Though she did wonder why the Pegasus filly rode a scooter. Why didn't she fly?

"Alright! Geez! You're completely awesome! Didn't want to embarrass you...But seriously.", she winked at Glimmer, "She's like 'Fili-Second' on that scooter! Like in 'varoom!'"

Scootaloo beamed at the compliment her new-found friend gave her. She especially was intrigued by the mentioning of one of her favorite comic book series.

"You read Power Ponies too?" Scootaloo said as if she was the only pony in town that she knew liked them until now, "Fili-Second is definitely on of my favorites, although I like Zapp too. I'd love to control the weather like that."

She chuckled hearing Wind mention that Canterlot was less amazing with her gone. But then the Pegasus did something strange, looking around the park as if

expecting another pony. Surely it wasn't the griffon's parents. Were they that strict that they would follow their daughter around everywhere and even spy on her from hiding places?

Yep, I'm alone. Though it's probably giving Razor ulcers. Though he has to accept I'm a growing young griffonness."

​"Hmm... this kind of reminds me of my one friend who her older sister got this strange idea in her head that she needed to be protected. My friend could barely go anywhere or do anything without her sister asking if she needed help or trying to make sure everything was safe. Things are better for her now, but I'd hate to be in that situation. As for the castle, yeah it is kind of out of place but so was the tree library that used to be here. That was where Princess Twilight Sparkle used to live when she wasn't a Princess, but shortly after being a Princess this big bad creature came and destroyed it but he got sent back to wherever all the other bad creatures go. Now there's this castle here, but it does look kind of cool inside. And there's a new library too."

"So Scootaloo, can you do a lot of tricks with your scooter?"

The griffon apparently missed the orange Pegasus's epic jump over the pond in the park, a feat that Scootaloo wasn't sure she could accomplish a second time without taking up time to line herself up with the makeshift ramp perfectly. What she needed was another challenge, something she could test her moves on. Looking around the area nearby, she spotted her next target, a wooden railing that bordered the one part of the pond where there was a steeper drop into the water should that barrier not be there and an unfortunate pony slipped.

"Alright, let me show you a trick now," she exclaimed and took off towards the rail. Getting enough speed the filly did a little hop with the aid of her buzzing wings, and jumped on the rail. The surface was smooth enough for the filly to slide down it on her scooter before hopping off the end and coming to a nice stop.

"Cool trick, huh?"

335gvm9.jpg

“Yeah-yeah.”, the filly grunted back. She was neither a fan of the cold and somewhat sterile new castle, nor was she too keen about Ponyville’s own purple princess. Her older sister spoke kindly about Equestria’s newest co-co-co-ruler, but Fire Walker was a goody-four-horseshoes and generally had something nice to say about everypony she had met. Equestria only needed one princess, and Celestia was her name! Wind Walker only glanced momentarily at the ‘Crystal Kingdom Castoff Castle’ as they made their way through town. Still, she needed to stay positive. Glimmer liked the castle, and she liked Princess Twilight. No biggie.

The blue filly did smile as the little griffon spoke of her brother, “Only just proves he loves you like a lot. Just hope he stops being afraid of girls. Cripes. Why in the world would anyone be afraid of us? We’re awesome!”, she added with a bounce.

"You read Power Ponies too?" Scootaloo said as if she was the only pony in town that she knew liked them until now, "Fili-Second is definitely on of my favorites, although I like Zapp too. I'd love to control the weather like that."

"I do like Zapp's costume. She's probably got the best one out of the group.", Wind Walker nodded a bit more as Scootaloo spoke. She was well aware of the nasty old monster Tirek and was happy that their own real version of the 'Power Ponies' was able to stop and send him packing to jail just like her favorite fictional super-squad would have done. The filly wanted to reply to her friend's question about the stunt-performing-scooter-rider, but decided to let her fellow Pegasus pony respond in her own way. It was pretty impressive, although it was going to be hard to top her little ramp-jump, it was still pretty good, "Yup."

While she had a good idea of where they were going, Wind secretly hoped Scootaloo would surprise the pair.

"I kinda like Saddle Rager myself." Glimmer said with a smile, "I can't wait for the next issue." Glimmer gave a hop with excitement. Lula lifting slightly off her head as she did, before plopping back down. The little armadillo spent most of its time looking around, revealing in the easy ride.

Glimmer gave a nod at Wind's words, "Yeah, he acts all tough and mean but he is such a kitten on the inside. I keep telling him to try and act less hostile around ponies and he might make more friends. But so far, not a lot of luck."

Glimmer couldn't help but giggle when Windy brought up her brothers phobia. It was a rather funny fear, not like a fear of spiders or centipedes. No those creatures were rightfully feared. All those little legs and multiple eyes, it was like looking into the face of a monster! Luckily she had the best sort of pet for the job in fighting the multi-legged menace. Lula was the Insectinator!

"I have no idea where it came from, but he's trying to get over it. He just got a whoooole lot of self help book in dealing with his phobia. In anycase it's mostly girls his own age that scare him into a catatonic state."

When Scoots, Glimmer felt the nickname was cute and thus appropriate for her new friend, took off toward the railing Glimmer gasped and for a brief moment worried that her new friend would get hurt. But her fear turned to awe as she saw Scootaloo grind across the railing and jump off with complete synchronicity.

"WHOA! That was awesome!!" She exclaimed, staring at Scootaloo with wide, awe filled eyes. "If you can do that on the ground, I can't imagine what you can do in the air. You're like a...a pro-scooterer."

“Only just proves he loves you like a lot. Just hope he stops being afraid of girls. Cripes. Why in the world would anyone be afraid of us? We’re awesome!”

"I have no idea where it came from, but he's trying to get over it. He just got a whoooole lot of self help book in dealing with his phobia. In anycase it's mostly girls his own age that scare him into a catatonic state."

"Wait what?" Scootaloo said stopping in her tracks, "Your brother is scared of girls? Why would he be scared of us? We're ponies and in your case Glimmer griffons too. Does he think he'll get sick by us or something? Wait, your brother isn't scare of you Glimmer, is he?"

Scootaloo didn't have siblings, but she saw the sibling dynamic with her friends Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. She knew from her unicorn friend what it was like to be at odds with an older sister and could only imagine if Glimmer's brother was afraid of her.

"I do like Zapp's costume. She's probably got the best one out of the group."

"I kinda like Saddle Rager myself." Glimmer said with a smile, "I can't wait for the next issue."

The subject quickly shifted to one of the filly's favorite subject.

"If I could get somepony to make her costume, I'd gladly dress as Zapp for the next Nightmare Night! As for Saddle Rager, I don't know if I were in Zapp's hooves I'd be comfortable being around that mare. What if the smallest things got Saddle mad? I'd hate to be next to her when she starts destroying things."

"WHOA! That was awesome!!" She exclaimed, staring at Scootaloo with wide, awe filled eyes. "If you can do that on the ground, I can't imagine what you can do in the air. You're like a...a pro-scooterer."

Scootaloo's pride in Glimmer's reaction quickly deflated as the griffon mentioned flying.

"I...can't fly." she said softly.

335gvm9.jpg

“I just hope the rumors weren’t true about the new artist.”, the filly groaned as they flew and road on, “I hate it when they change artists right in the middle of a storyline, and they go from having somepony who can draw really really well to somepony who makes us all look like really colorful hippos.”, Wind Walker added as continued to follow their guide. She smiled as Razor was brought up some more, “I hate to say it, but he’s got the classic short-guy-syndrome. He’s smaller than most griffons his age, so he has to make it up in feistness.”

The little blue filly put on her breaks as their guide did the same, “He’s not afraid of fillies or whatever little girl griffons are called, just the ones his age.”, she promptly landed near Scootaloo and her scooter, “And I doubt he’s afraid of any grannies, but just ponies or griffons his own age. Dating age that is.”, she added with a wink, “And he’s not afraid of girls like say, a mummy or three-headed monkey is behind you sort of fear, but more of the ‘cooties’ kind. Somepony must have not informed him about the ‘circle-circle-dot-dot’ cure.”

“He just gets really nervous when they’re around.”, Wind mimicked a ‘older’ mare by waggling her eyelashes and shaking her rump, “He gets all sweaty and nervous.”, Wind then acted like a scared griffon by jumping up into the air. She floated down like a leaf, “You should have seen him with my sister’s friend Zelda was teasing him. She’s a big griffon, really pretty but also..er.”, she tried to come up with the word, “Um. Boster...boystie...boisterous!", she finally found the right word.

Her ears did droop down as the orange filly admitted once again that she could not fly. Trying to keep positive, Wind quickly added, "Not yet that is." She was almost one hundred percent sure that her new friend's inability to get herself into the sky was not due to any physical issues. She was as strong as any other Pegasus filly that she knew, and her wings were perfectly fine. Neither one would be considered 'gimpy'. It had to be something in her mind that was keeping her from flying. Something Wind Walker had no experience in helping.

"And seriously..", she took back to the sky, "Don't you know Ponyville's most famous clothing designer? She's just around the corner, ", While Wind did not know Rarity personally, she did see her at Dunder's wedding. The highly skilled mare designed and created the bride, groom and possibly the bridesmaid's clothing for the event. "I'm sure she could make a really cool costume for you. But Nightmare Night's a long ways-away, so let's keep moving!"

At Scootaloo's exp<b></b>ression, and downcast look, Glimmer knew that she had said the wrong thing. She felt paniced, and worried she had offended the little filly, even hurt her feelings. She didn't want that.

"I...I.." Glimmer stammered, trying to find a way to apologize without acting as if it was pity. Luckily, Wind managed to come in and say the right thing. Glimmer immediately added to it.

"Y-yeah. You'll fly, everything just comes at its own pace." She said, hopping over and wrapping Scootaloo in a big hug. Lulu took this time to sniff at one of Scootaloo's ears before giving it a little nuzzle of its nose.

"See, even Lulu says you can fly, and she knows everything. She's clairvoyant like that." Glimmer said, picking her pet off her head and holding her out for all to see. Lulua merely hung there, little paws fidgeting in the air before rolling up into a ball. Glimmer wrapped her wing around the ball and held Lula close to her, safe in the warmth of feathers.

"So yeah, lets get ourselves some sugary delights! We're young fillies and free of any adults to tell us what we can or can't eat." She gave a cheer, mind already thinking on what sort of snacks she could get.

"I've met Miss Rarity before. She is perhaps the prettiest mare in all of Ponyville. I hope I can be as good as a fashion designer as she and my mother are." Glimmer said. Conversation would probably be best to help make the situation less awkward once more.

When Wind brought up her brothers shortness, she couldn't help but giggle, "Yeah. But I think his stature makes him cute. Besides it's kinda funny seeing him get all bothered when ponies and griffons bring it up."

Glimmer laughed more from Windy's little performance, "Yeah, that sums it up rather well. He'll get over it eventually I think, though sometimes I wish I had a potion to just help him get over it like that." Glimmer finished with a snap of her talons.

"But enough about that, what about you Windy. How are things with your special somepony?" Glimmer asked. If there was one thing she loved more than fashion and sweet, it was romance. Actually, Hearts and Hooves day was fast approaching now that she thought about it.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile)

Razor sat at a desk in his hotel room back in Canterlot. A stack of scrolls and papers left so generously by his father. It seemed that while his brothers were off starting their own legacies, it fell to him to become the next patron of his family's minor holdings and castle.

A big honor, and it certainly made him feel....special in a way.

'But why does there always have to be so much stuff to learn.' He thought as he picked up another scroll.

Without warning he suddenly felt a massive twitch shoot across his head, eye blinking as he crumbled the scroll in his talon. He set it down hard and shot up from his seat.

He didn't know why, but he could have sworn he heard someony say that one word he hated more than anything. But no one was around. He looked around the room a bit more before settling back down and rubbing his head.

Maybe he was finally starting to go crazy.

“I just hope the rumors weren’t true about the new artist.”, the filly groaned as they flew and road on, “I hate it when they change artists right in the middle of a storyline, and they go from having somepony who can draw really really well to somepony who makes us all look like really colorful hippos.”,

"Me too," Scootaloo replied as she remembered hearing the news a short time ago, "If it is a new artist I hope he or she is just as good if not better than the current one. Yeah I don't want any of the ponies messed up like that or worse make them look too girly with a costume design change."

The topic shifted back to the issue with Glimmer's brother. He was short for young adult griffon, something that Scootaloo also would hate looking perpetually like a small filly while actually an adult. If she could look like Rainbow Dash when she grew up or even her friends' sisters Applejack or Rarity than things would be great. There was the other problem though that this griffon had, fear of girls. Scootaloo learned it wasn't fillies or griffons her age nor was it older ponies like some she saw in town. It were ponies and griffons his age.

So what does he think is going to happen when he meets a pony his age, that he'll pass out? Sheesh, I don't get all goofy around colts my age! and what exactly is a 'circle circle dot dot" cure, some kind of strange dance?"

Scootaloo still felt bad about Glimmer's comment. The orange Pegasus knew that she wasn't making fun of her and didn't hear the conversation earlier with Wind Walker. She apologized and gave Scootaloo a confident statement that one day she would fly. It was the same thing that other ponies told her, but she decided to accept it rather than ruin the day with her problems.

"Thanks both of you," she said before the conversation turned towards the idea of having Rarity design a costume for her, "Oh i'm sure Rarity would be able to design a costume of Zapp for me. All I have to do is show her an issue of the comic and I'm sure she can take it from there. I'll remember that as Nightmare Night gets closer."

At last the trio made it to Sugarcube Corner, the sweet capital of Ponyville. But before she could settle on what to get Glimmer mentioned to Wind about her special somepony.

"Wow, you have a special somepony? Is he from here?"

335gvm9.jpg

Thankfully neither Scootaloo nor Glimmer saw Wind Walker during her visit to Ponyville where she had attended the yearly ‘Nightmare Night’ celebrations. These were marred by both a surprise Changeling attack, and even more so, she was made to wear a very not-cool sheep costume during the whole thing. Even her sister got a better costume, but she also had to fight the evil shape-shifting monsters hoof to jagged hoof. The filly still had yet to decide what was the worst part of the night. The invasion, or the costume? Thankfully, per Nightmare Nights rules, once she wore the costume, she would never have to wear it again.

257hvdi.jpg

The filly smiled ever so broadly as the griffon and her pet gave Scootaloo a little extra bit of comport, and while Wind was not an ‘huggy’ sort of pony, she doubted anypony would resist one coming from an cute little kitty-bird and her equally adorable little pet.

Once the trio arrived at Ponyville’s own Sugar Cube Corner, Wind took a good look at the building. She had been there before, but at the time Miss Pinkie Pie had been out in the front giving away free hugs, so the filly had been distracted and never managed to get a good look at the candy store, until now.

The large building looked like a cross between an gingerbread house and a cake. Gingercake? A big Ginkercake covered with pink and white frosting. It almost looked like one could walk over and start taking nom’s out of the building like the two kids in the fairy tale. Thankfully, no witches were inside this building! Wind let out a sigh as she took in the sweet smells that were emanating from the festival little store. Were they currently making cotton candy? Or was that fresh cup cakes?

Before they could all enter, one question had been asked by both of the fillies:

Scootalux, on 13 Feb 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

"Wow, you have a special somepony? Is he from here?"

ShadowWalking18, on 12 Feb 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

"But enough about that, what about you Windy. How are things with your special somepony?" Glimmer asked. If there was one thing she loved more than fashion and sweet, it was romance. Actually, Hearts and Hooves day was fast approaching now that she thought about it.

"Oh.", a little bit of red mixed into Wind's blue coat, "Well, I've been told I'm too young to have a real 'special somepony'.", the filly muttered as she continued to admire the candy store. "Guess I could just call him a special friend, or colt-fr..er friend that's a colt, and he's back in Canterlot, and you met him before Glimmer.", she finally glanced towards the griffon, "Remember? Wasn't that long ago during our little 'last night at the old house' party? Brown colt? Fast Track? We had to hide him from your brother?". Wind's older brother made sure the little colt was safe from Glimmer's older brother by stuffing him into the little umbrella closet. "Both he and his father are crazy about trains. They build model cities with little tracks that have little model trains that ride about them. They also read train magazines and visit train stations. You should have seen their faces when they saw the big train from the Crystal Empire for the first time. Their wings both popped out a the same time, which caused my sister to break out into laughter. When I asked her what was so funny, she told me I would have to wait till I'm older before she would tell me. Weird."

Glimmer nodded, " I remember. I hope he wasn't too traumatized. I'm just glad Razor didn't find him, otherwise I doubt we would never see him again."

Glimmer had had fun that night. They definitely had to have another sleepover sometime. Now that Windy lived in Ponyville, maybe they could campout near the Everfree. Maybe they could catch a Sasssquatch. That would be sooooooo cool.

As they entered into the large cake shaped building, Glimmer could smell all the different pastries and sweets being made. She stuck her tongue out slightly as a dreamy look of contentment came over here.

"Ahhhh, this is paradise." She said dreamily, as she examined a line of sweets. There were so many choices!

As Windy talked of her colt friend, she couldn't help but giggle slightly. "They do sound a little train crazy. I prefer the Airships though to trains. Trains don't have the wide open decks like a ship does, you can't feel the wind in your feathers."

No matter how many times she visited the shop Scootaloo couldn't help but have a smile on her face when she gazed upon Sugarcube Corner. It's gingerbread house exterior was always a welcoming sign to ponies, promising sweet treats inside. Upon opening the door the smells of cinnamon and sugar filled the air as all manner of candies and baked goods danced about them on the shelves. Before the two could look around Wind Walker explained that she didn't have special somepony even though he was a colt friend. 

"Sounds like your brother doesn't want you hanging out with colts or...what do you call a male griffon? Guy griffon? He must be really interesting to be a sister to, scared of girls his age and not letting boys hang out with you. I kind of like trains and airships but I mainly play with my scooter. I mean why act like you're going fast when you actually can? As for the wing thing, yeah Rainbow Dash got a little embarrassed when I asked her but she said something about when a Pegasus gets excited about something their wings unfold like they have a mind of their own. Not sure if it's a certain thing to get excited about as my wings never did it. Do griffons do the same thing? As for any special someponies, sure there are some colts I hang around with but nothing like I can be all mushy and stuff with." 

There was one thing that was missing from the place, a certain pony that greeted them. 

"Pinkie? Are you here?"

Going to the counter to see if anypony was in the kitchen Scootaloo saw a note that read. 

Hi there! 

If you're reading this note, which of course you are, I had to help deliver some oh so sweet treats with the Cakes. In the meantime there are free cookies that didn't quite make it out right out of the oven. Of course if you want to buy something just put your bits in the box on the table and write down what you bought! 

See you later! 

Pinkie Pie! 

"Looks like we're on the honors system. So what do you two want to try?" 

34rstvk.jpg

“I’m with you Glimmer.”, the filly added as she followed the pair into ‘Sugarcube Corner’, “Trains are too slow and far too stuffy. Airships are nice, but they’re more for fancy-flying than actually getting to your destination. My sister Fire Walker and her friends Dunder and Mister Muggo actually got to fly in one of Prince Blueblood’s super-fancy airships a few years ago. They also fought sky-pirates and traveled to the zebra’s lands. Hopefully my stay in the R.E.A will be as exciting as hers.”

Wind Walker let out a gasp as the smell of freshly made caramel struck her snout. “Holy socks that smells so good!”, her eyes bounced around the cheerfully decorated candy store as she pondered what to purchase. “Sometimes I like to sneak a kiss on Fast Track when he’s not looking. One on his cheek..Er, his face cheeks that is.”, the filly realized she needed to point this out for some reason, “Mostly cause it’s funny. He almost turns into a colt version of Razor. Lots of blushing. Lots of stuttering. “

The little pony bounced between the isles of candy made both in the store’s bakery, and candy brought in from other towns. “Oooh! They have Curly Wurly bars! And Wonderbolts trading cards.”, the little wax packs came with six cards with photos of members of the famous aerial acrobatic team both past and present, along with 'interesting' facts posted on the backs of each cards. Wind still needed to get Rapidfire, Wave Chill and Gale Flurry. There were also unconfirmed rumors of a very rare card that showed Surprise without her uniform. What did she look like under her mask and goggles?

And speaking of 'surprise'. Where was anypony? Neither Pinky Pie, nor the older couple that normally ran the candy store were here. It was empty. "Oh-Oh.", the blue filly's ear's drooped down. Did they wander into the store while it was closed?

Thankfully, Scootaloo discovered a note, which she read out-loud. "Wow. They'd never do this in Canterlot." While the idea of seeing how much 'free' candy she could stuff into her mouth sounded like fun, that would not be something a good little pony like Wind Walker would do. Thankfully she had a few bits burning a hole in her pocket, so what would she get? While she liked cotton candy, she was not a fan of sticky-hooves. And the olde timey hard candies were good for cracking teeth and having no actual flavors whatsoever. After some serious thinking, Wind made up her mind.

First, she went with a packaged 'SBLOUNSKCHED!' candy bar, considering she found pants to be funny, and chocolate pants even funnier. Her next pick was a pack of Wonderbolts cards. Hopefully she won't get anymore Fleetfoot cards, as she had like a 'million' of them. And finally, a very mini-pecan pie, made in Ponyville! Tiny pies were fun, because one could pretend they were regular sized pies and the eater was actually a giant! Waaaargh!

Satisfied with her choices, the filly gathered up her items in a bag and tossed the needed bits into Pinkie's box. Getting candy was fun, but she missed having Pinkie Pie there to hoof over the candies and her usual round of silliness. "So, what have you two picked?"

Glimmer giggled, "Boys are just silly. But it just makes them easier to wrap around your talon or hoof. Keep them off balance, and you can get anything out of them."

When Glimmer read the message, her feathers stood up on end in excitement and she gave a squeal of glee.

"Eeeeh, this is so cool!" She said as she began zipping this way and that, looking at all the sweets available. Her eyes wide with dreamy glaze, "This has got to be the best kind of scenario!" 

Glimmer immediately began grabbing candies of various sizes and flavors. Mostly sweet, chocolaty kinds. Though a few sour sorts followed. Once she had gathered herself a small little hoard of sweets, she dumped them into a bag and finally grabbed a small plate with three cupcakes. With all her sweets decided upon she paid up a good amount of bits, perhaps more then one would expect for a young griffonness to carry.

"I'm sure Razor won't mind that I borrowed his wallet for some extra bits. And considering the situation, I'm glad I did." She giggled, "So where should we sit?"

Archived