The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And meanwhile, the poor ordinary functionary has to bear the brunt of battle damage, heh.

Well, I figured I might as well take advantage of that high INT score and try out a little lateral thinking.

That Int score is going to be the death of me.

Oh oh oh! One more thing! Remember that one turn I was taking for a pony unseen? Well, I'm skipping his right now. For two reasons. First is because that last post I made was so busy for the sake of drama. Secondly is... flavor, which I shall not reveal just yet.

So Bramble is up next.

While writing, I did purposefully watch Hearth's Warming Eve and take a few notes.

Also I love that artist. I wish he/she would continue the Just Plumsweet blog.

Edit: I also should have added that roll to Knowledge to Monsters in my post! Hang on a sec. I am adding that +4 modifier to your Notice check, making a total of +14 before the roll of... 10. 24 total. A failure. But only a minor one. You don't know what that is, but you know it's not a Windigo. Have fun roleplaying that.

I heard this and figured it needed to be shared.

Oh, you have no idea.

I shall be posting soon, pones. I just need to get through the first few hours of work.

Don't I know that feel. Fret not. I'm usually drafting my posts on order cards when I should be working, so therefore, you're more responsible than me!

So yeah, was kinda unsure of my options so I figured "Buck it. do something In Character!" so.. Dusty-Dodge-Tank Mode a-go-go?

If nothing else I do have that accrobatics counter move.. which name I need to go back a few pages to remember. Plus, I have a ton of stats pumped into combat feats linked to Twin-Iron i I remember correctly! Gotta double check that.

Well common sense does come into play sometimes at least! ;p

And usually its the minions who do stupid stuff when the previously far less stupid stuff didn't work on the hero in question. Ah well!

Also looking back on my sheet I forgot I had Improved Initiative 4 which if I remember that's a +16 to initiative... I think, unless it -can't- go any higher then 6 in which case nevermind. Unless we're only using the sheets to a minimal degree which I don't mind! Just I'm having to re-familiarize myself with what all I wrote down since.. for some reason I didn't save what each ability did. Cuz I r smrt like that.

Sorry for bringing up numbers and mechanics, just still also learning the system!

I think it comes of not actually having a physical sheet in front of us while playing; I know I sometimes forget what's on what my own abilities are if I don't keep looking them up, let alone what they do.

Some think it can be, but honestly going afterward can help setup strategy I only pumped 4 ranks into improved initiative because given Dusty's character he is very quick to react but can do so without asessing the situation first, which to me is what going first usually entails. I was only asking for clarification reasons! :)

Also.. hinthint: I plan to make use of Acrobatic Bluff

I'd really like to have a post up and running tomorrow. Definitely it'll be in draft. Figuring out in character reactions is tough.

And Razor, I have fond memories of psuedo-tanking on my Brutes, Khelds and Stalkers (You heard right. Stalker. Especially when Assassin Strike got that added AoE fear buff) when the Tank went down.

Please forgive the long overdue post. But holidays at a movie theater combined with too many road trips to IKEA lead to... low creative juices. So I bring to you this for your approval. I want you to imagine tension. That moment when two adversaries finally come face to face. And they are going to bloody each other up.

Hey Racken. As I read what I left you in my post, and what you gave me, I see that there weren't any actions that warranted... Actions. Which is fine, but I think I should have given you more to go on.

Here's another thing. You're not in immediate danger. You could take 10 on that Search, add your +6 and assume success.

Because there is coal (and lots of dry cardboard, which was totally put there for you) in that room.

Well I can certainly see why it would be brought up! Dangit I want that game back...

Here's hoping City of Titans actually gets going. I know it's got a lot going against it but there's always hope! :)

And I shall be posting.. when it is my turn! D'ur

So because Kirby suggested it, after I shared some random thoughts, I shall be periodically beginning my own Mini-Series here in the OOC Chat!

Enjoy.

Words of Wisdom - The Teachings of Stone Heart #1

((The first in a few entries detailing the in depth teachings of the late Stone Heart, and his relationship with his student Dusty Roads.))

-----

“Dusty.”

“Yes, master?”

The old stallion stood on all fours, looking out over the burning hot dirt of the landscape around them, a far off stare, silent and unmoving.

“You know of the Olden Times... when the three Races were at bloody odds with one another, yes?”

Dusty's dark green eyes blinked at his tutor, but he nodded, “Of course, master Stone Heart.. how c'n anypony forget?”

The elder stallion didn't answer, only continued with his thought, “In my Lineage, those who had mastered my technique long before my time, there was an old saying.. amongst those who served our Earthly Kin during that time,” the black and grey maned stallion stood stagnant as the hot western winds blew around them, “A saying uttered by most simply to seek comfort when pit against the Storm Wielders or the Arcane Mystics.. but to some, to my ancestors and predecessors, it held a much deeper meaning, one that I have attempted to find for the entirety of my existence.”

Dusty stood upon the stony ridge, listening to his master's tale with a mix of confusion and.. fascination, “What sayin' is that, master?”

Stone Heart turned to look over his shoulder, grey eyes portraying that far off look, “It is a rhyme.. a limerick to some; mocked by the Earth Kind's former enemies,” he turned to face his student.

“The Horn of the Arcane

A catalyst glowing bright

Brings forces of destruction

fire, ice and light

The Wings of the Sky

Strong and unfurled

bring the rain, the winds

and storms across the world

but from the Lowly Earth Kind

our strong, valiant kin

comes not magic nor storm

but a power from within”

The elder stallion let the odd rhyme hang for a moment, before repeating those last few words, “...a power from within.” those words seemed to.. haunt the elder as he uttered them again, muling over and attempting to find their meaning even as he stood facing his student.

“These words hold little meaning to most, but to my bloodline, to those whom I inherited this very weapon from, it holds a greater, truer meaning... one that I have failed to find.”

Dusty remained silent as he watched his teacher and master, the two standing stagnant against the scorching winds around them. With the heavy silence came heavy thought.. both stallions deep within the recesses of their own subconsciousness before one, Dusty, finally spoke, “Why are you telling me this, master?”

Stone Heart simply smiled, moving toward his student to place a soft, withering hoof atop the stronger, younger stallion's shoulder.. only now did Dusty notice just how weakened this elder seemed, how old he truly was.

“I tell you this because I believe, Dusty Roads, that you may have the potential to unlock the hidden secrets of our kind's power.. how our most ancient ancestors fought against forces much greater then them, in times far before the wars of our history books. A secret hidden away from time itself.. you could revive it.” the elder smiled once more, and gave a simply; stoic nod.

Edit: Can't figure out how to give it a title so.... there ya go :razz:

Archived