The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

I really didn't want to write actions for three different flavors of NPC in a row. I really didn't. But here we are. I hope it's okay. Azal, you gave me this... voice of the legion font mod thingy something. I lost the link. I want the link again.

Racken, reapplying the force field is a free action because there is no way you're out of paper.

I'm going to bed now.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yeah, Acrobatic Bluff allows me to use my Acrobatics check as opposed to my Bluff to make a feint or trick. Redirect as well works as I thought, and allows me to fling a successfully Tricked attack into an in range target of my choosing.

**** Kirby, pushing that midnight oil to the limit aren't ya? If you need time feel free to let us know, dude.

On a side topic, I uhhhh.. was not aware that first action was a DC 25 check. Feeling kind of like Krillin in the DBZ Abridged series when Dende tells him his healing didn't make him.immortal, only telling him after leading Frieza on a wild chase.

"...wait, so I could have died back there?"

On the plus side, I got to feel like Neo in the museum brawl scene. Which I am not complaining about!

... Now I totally want one of them to score a hit and draw blood just so Maxie can say "You see? He is just a stallion!" In that incredibly nasally voice I have imagined for him. I am already giggling.

I think there ought to be a Bargain skill; I suppose Diplomacy is the best analogue, but since I'd be rolling that at +0, I tried to bring in a skill that I was better in. Still think I ought to get at least +1 to the roll, or something.

I know the whole "minis-on-a-map" is a broad stereotype of RPG's, but I may have to start at least sketching something so I can understand where we all are spatially.  Barring that, is it a safe assumption that the 3 cops who Pagemaster didn't convince are the ones furthest from him?

Dang. That's a whiff. Although I thought a Strike 6 power would have +6 to accuracy? Or have I misread something? I really should read up on powers and such. >.<

Edit: Twin Iron is a device that has a power of Strike 6 with Might on it.. course I'm.not a hundred percent sure what that means entirely. Yeah I REEEEALLY gotta read up.

DM judgements incoming. Strawberry milk first.

Edit: Strawberry milk is had. Yay. Now onto rules! The cops right now are as follows: Three are KOed from Shilling's tantrum, three have fled the building from the Masquerade and six have more or less surrendered. No more police to worry about. 

As for Strike, it still requires a melee attack role to work. That +6 adds to the Toughness DC. Much the same as Blast requires a ranged attack role. 

And yeah, Minis on a map would be... real helpful. But hey, it's superheroes. Just rush in, it's fine. 

1929538_610971970197_8981_n_zps1ahpr0lr.

One more thing. This is my cat, Dusty Rhodes. 

I was rather surprised to see that.  Even as such, your training is supposed to be why you have accuracy - not the weapon you're using.  Shouldn't you be able to pick up any stick and be effective with it?  Straight up attack is a little pricy (2 points per rank) of course, but less expensive options are putting 3 or 4 points into the feat Attack Focus: Melee, each of which gives you +1 to all melee attacks for each point spent.  Or, if you want to be good only with staves and nothing else, then you can put 2 points into Attack specialization: Staff Fighting, and that would give you a +4 attack with staves.

You have:  

Improved Block: 6
Improved Disarm: 4

You can only get up to a +6 bonus at any time with any attack.

Improved Block gives you +2 per rank.  So you really only need 3.
Improved Disarm gives you +2 per rank.  So you really only need 3.

Admittedly, it can still be useful to have more, because even when you're suffering under some serious penalties you still have a full attack bonus ... but all the same, I think you could handle to drop Improved Block by 3 and Improved disarm by 1, giving you 4 points to use to bump up your attack by 1 point ...

Course, then you only need 2 ranks in each of the improved block and disarm ...  Giving you another 2 points ...

Then you can either put 2 points into Attack Specialization: staves, giving you +2 for most weapons and +6 for staff fighting, and still have 2 points left over for something else... or you can put 4 points into Attack Focus: Melee, giving you +2 for ranged combat and +6 for close-in fighting.

Now, something important even as such to note:  After all of this, you have maxed out your attack bonus at +6 either with the staff, or with all melee attacks.  So assuming all things are equal ... that improved disarm and improved block *still* don't actually add anything.  If you want some more overall advice on how to build your character sheet, we can start a PM or something ... You tell me what *theme* you want for your combat abilities (good with everything, good with close in but weak with ranged, or good with staves and weak with everything else ... or *only* good with Twin Iron and useless if you lose it ... along with - are you a powerful fighter, a nimble fighter, or what? ) And I can help you mold your stats to fit the concept.

Assuming that Kirby lets you change your sheet after we're done with this thread.  :)

Archived