The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I was taken aback at finding Curtain Call supposedly dead beneath the stage.. I did not see that coming. Ever since I read it I've been imagining the scene playing out like a Phoenix Wright investigation, and the moment Curtain is found is when this song plays.

To me that song always said "Sh*t just got real." And I got tbat exact vibe from this. Well done.

Okay. I think I messed up some numbers on Bramble's rolls. I'll be retconning tonight but just for that. Everyone else is good.

Edit: Okay. I checked and rechecked. The only things Power Levels restrict are as follows: Max Atk/Def, Max Save DC Modifiers, Max Toughness, Max Saves/Ability bonuses, Max Ability scores and Max Skill ranks. What it does not limit is ranks in powers, assuming it doesn't contradict with that other stuff. Enhanced Ability as a power, for instance. So... yeah. Me saying I was right the first time is not something I take lightly, because... yeah. I'm wrong a lot.

If you like, Bramble, I can... reroll those numbers for the sake of drama. Since you hate winning so much.

There's a practical application of 'limited powers'. There *is* something buried somewhere about power limits, (for instance, the part where it talks about how the sample characters are created, where they had to trade off max saves for max power levels) But some of them are obviously exempt (for example: enhance ability)

But it's also a matter of ... simple focus. If you don't put a limit on powers, there's no limit to someone putting all their points into 50 levels of 'blast' and overwhelming the limited saves so that every shot is an instant KO. Without some limit on power levels, there's no real way to escape that. You can combine this with the 'Enhance Ability' bypass by stating that you cannot escape the power limit for enhance ability, but you CAN take it multiple times. So someone on a Power Level 6 game *could* have 12 levels of 'Enhance Strength' but it's actually two instances of level 6 'enhance strength'. This allows, for instance, if a Parasite-type uses drain or nullify on a Superman-type, and the strength *is* lessened ... but he still has super strength. Only one of those two 'level 6 enhance strength' powers got nullified.

Without these limits, the game gets a bit unbalanced. And it becomes more minmaxing and less 'flexible to accommodate the imagination.'

As for 'hating winning' ... I hate winning without feeling I've earned it. :) And I don't per se view RPGs as 'winning' ... the numbers and battles are there to be won, yes, but only as a vehicle for the story.

Don't need to reroll them - applying the new numbers to the old rolls would be sufficient. And it would mean Glory lost, and her unicorn magic is nullified. Which seems thematically more appropriate anyway, and I love thematically appropriate.

I have nothing but good things to say. Post soon, but only when you're comfortable. You're helping me realize dreams, here. Seriously. I've had nothing but silly daydreams that might have been cool one day if I ever got around to fleshing them out. Well, I'm fleshing them out now. With you.

Nothing. But. Love.

Daww well you're welcome Krackle! I'm glad to participate; it's cool to work with and flesh out a completely new character. :)

that said, I can only imagine when Dusty swings that monster of a pole around it sounds like an iron beam being flung through the air considering how fast I envision him being able to use it.

Doing pretty well IMO

Heh, said pacing is partly why I chose to do what I did. I thought very seriously about waiting... Or using the stormcloud grenades. Both are far more strategically a better idea.

But it seemed time to see another characters signature ability, and I admit, I've really really been looking forward to firing the cannons. ^^

Archived