The royal assassin’s Closed r.p

augercorn

To defend one must also be able to attack. This is the concept behind a secret branch of the royal guard know only as the royal assassins. For countless years the brave, the dark, the mysterious have put there time in to actively eliminate threats to the princess before they even happen. Even today they watch over her, as they always have and always will.

"You ever been down here kid?” said Spear. Spear Mcwingtip was an old pony, been in the royal guard his whole life with an outstanding 80 years of service. He had a dark grey coat and light blue mane and tail, his cutie mark was a decorative shield with crossed spears. He was big, for a pegasis, he had small, but very toned strong looking legs with chipped beaten old hooves. And his wings were very large and strong looking.

The pony he was talking to was named zero gravity a special pegasis whom he had briefly met before but never fully befriended.

He asked as he continued to walk down the dark halls lit by torch. They were in a secret chamber hidden in the cliffs of

Canterlot castle. Only top of the military forces knew this place existed even fewer would be summoned directly by shining amour himself to the war room they were heading.

Spear waited patiently for a response as they continued to walk together

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"nope I don't think so!" chirped the cheerful white coated mare with the light brown mane, her wing were reasonably too small for her body, they had been that way since she was born, she knew she was disabled and could not fly but she made the best of it. Her cutie mark was a pointed bloodstained knife.

Spear chuckled at the cute little mare. And guided her to the left a fork in the tunnel.

it’s a special place, almost sacred to us assassins. The only pony I’ve ever seen in here who was not a either a royal or a special guardsmen was Twilight sparkle when she was just a kid being mentored by Celestia. … Its an honor to be here.” As Spear said these words his eyes watered slightly with pride in his profession and those who came before him, however this was short lived as his strong discipline sucked the tears right out of his eyes. After a few steps they entered a large chamber.

The chamber was lit by soft candles and had markings of ancient letters on the ground. At the end of the room was none other than shining amour!

“I’m glad you both came.” Spear walked up and halted zero, “always stop at this line.” He said indicating a line made by the letters on the floor.

Amour smiled and approached them from a large stone desk filled with papers.

“I’ve hand selected you both for this mission. Lets get right down to it shall we. As you both know there is a large island called Galavana it is by Celestia but she has 6 dukes and duchess to run the island as the leadership.” Amour took a deep breath and moved a small stack of papers with his horn. “we have Intel that would indicate that one of them has been murdered and replaced with a changeling. I feel I don’t need to tell you how dangerus this is. Your mission should you accept is to find this changeling IF it even exists and expose and assassinate it.”

spear whispered to zero "now the custom is to accept or deny ... you do have the right to deny i want you to know that"

Amour smiled friendly “that’s what I like to hear. Spear? Yourself.”

Spear nodded “It is impossible to protect without attack I am a member of the royal assassin and I will protect my princess now and always.”

Armour then used his magic and lifted up 6 photos of ponies. “These are the suspects.” He started at the left most

It was a picture of a very old unicorn mare that was dark, dark blue and had grey hair. Her face wrinkled and weathered. “This is cold trench, the master of galavana’s trade. She controls the ships and trading guilds for as long as anyone can remember, she’s quite mean and very reclusive but no one has the connections and tricks she built up over the years, she would of made an easy target for a changling but she would be very hard to impersonate.

Next was a picture of a pretty young earthmare about zero’s age, maybe just a tad older she had a light red fur coat and jet black mane “this is grace walker the daughter of lone walker. She is the royal representative meaning she speaks directly to Celestia and passes on; her will and orders. Not an easy target as she is very rich and well loved. But she would be a high priority target for the changelings.

Next was a funny looking unicorn stallion that had white fur and green hair. There was something about his face; maybe it was just the picture? That just made him looks awkward. “this is lots more-gold. Actually a count … so yeah …. Count lots more-gold” amour sighed and let his head hang for a second before continuing “don’t let the looks fool you this guy is a genius! He is the head treasury agent for the island. Every bit of gold on that island goes thru his hooves. He runs the show on all economics and is also the … 7th richest pony in the world. again high priority but i doubt a changeling could ever get to him.

Next was a small frail looking pegasis mare. She looked healthy but just so petite and just very delicate like the breeze would blow her away, she had black fur and blue hair. “next is debutant de’lil. The head of weather on the island. Top of her class at Cloudsale university also holds 3 doctorates in weather science. Keeps the island a export giant and a major tourist attraction. Very likely for changling attack seing how she is a extreme recluse and has very little contact with just about everyone.

Next was an earth colt who just one look and a blind pony would say farmer. He had a yellow body and green hair. This is loam Pete, head of agriculture. Very friendly and hospital also very popular and part of the community. Loam has been guiding the farmers for 3 years now and has lead to a massive boost in food exports.

Lastly was a mean looking dark purple earth unicorn with white hair “and this is head of security flo rage. Head of island security. Lets just say even if the changeling did get to her, I doubt they could take her down.”

Amour cleared his throat and continued. “All right these are your suspects but these are also the post powerful ponies on the island and it wont be easy getting to them let alone investigating them, be discreet be carful. Head straight to the armory and then to the blink chamber to begin.

Spear bowed to amour and amour nodded, “anything else I can help you with?”

Dismissed S.A

all right kid armory is this way, I take it this is your first big mission?”

the took a few turns and were in a massive armory pretty much any weapon you could want was here! 2 armorers came up to assist them and fetch what they desired.

One simply saw spear and grabbed a pack labeled with his name the there stood awaiting to fetch what Zero would want

Spear was inspecting his pack, he had 3 knifes. one a survival knife, with half blade half serration. the other a full blade Tanto and lastly a mean looking icepick like blade. He had his name-sake a long spear which at the press of a button the pole collapsed into a short foot long spear. He also had 2 swords. One was a English style broadsword, the other a a heavy looking claymore. Lastly the old pegasis lovingly inspected a deadly looking crossbow that thru a bracelet like system stuck to the users fore leg. He aimed down the sights and put a box of arrows on top of it allowing one to lock in place and replace the arrow just fired.

He also had in his pack a spool of strong looking rope, a spool of smaller looking string, a compass, a lighter and old fashion flint and steel, several maps and a long monocular which collapsed to be small enough to fit in a pocket.

Satisfied with his gear he patted his armorer on the shoulder and in a pleased tone said “thank you

He then frowned and looked at Zero “that’s all your taking? We’ll get more stuff out in the field sure but you should be well prepared. not to mention once were out there were not going to get much else support other than what we brought”

Spear looked at the report and nodded

“I don’t know if that’s hardcore or stupid? … All right if that’s how you feel.”

They exited the armory and entered took a short walk to the blink chamber S.A and a few other unicorns were waiting for them there. The assassins took their place in the center as S.A organized the other unicorns. Once ready he pointed at a map of galavana and at a point near the coast.

“Were sending you here at the assassin safe house, you can find some equipment and comforts there. Are you ready”

Spear was about to give the approval when suddenly

“WaiT!” and none other than princess Celestia came from the entrance of the chamber. Spear bowed and gently forced Zero into one as well. Celestia gracefully walked next to S.A

“Please rise,” Spear let go of Zero and stood up “thank you so much for accepting this task. This is a delicate mission that only my assassin’s can complete. … I need you to discreetly remove this changeling. The important thing here is the safety of the galavana government if a changeling truly did infiltrate the ranks faith in the leadership would be lost forever. This is not just a mission to protect me it’s a mission to preserve peace and Order!”

there was a strong silence and celestia turned to her nephew and guardian “may I please assist in the teleportation?” Amour nodded his head and both there horns lit up

“good luck my assassin I’m counting on you”

and with that the 2 assassins were instantly teleported to the safe house on galavana.

Spear put his hand on Zero “first time you get teleported is a doozy you o.k?”

“Uh oh!

Spear picked up the small Pegasus and walked out of the chamber. A friendly looking earth pony with green fur in a comfortable looking robe instantly greeted him.

“Oh dear! First time teleporting?”

Spear nodded

Quick this way!” said the pony

The safe house was a cozy looking stone brick building it looked like the inside of a castle. The pony guided spear into a barrack with multiple beds. Spear set his Zero down in the first one. Before he knew it the pony came back with an ice pack and a thermos of liquid. He quickly put the pack on her forehead and set her in a semi upright position.

My name is host pie by the way,” he said turning to spear. "I am the care taker of the safe house.”

Spear nodded at host and focused on zero he gently massaged her head and said

Hey kid you o.k? come on kid your all right just breath deep breaths.”

kid KID!”

Spear sat her up in a sitting position and put the ice on her head.

Host began talking

you need to control your breathing, come on look at your friend here.”

He put the thermos close to her for her to take when she was ready.

teleporting is hard epically since you have never flown before, your body is not used to disorientation. Just relax take some deep breaths and focus on something o.k”

She took some deep breaths and focused on spear she thought about what was going on in trottingham where she lived ( it was quite obvious becuase of her British accent) she thought about her mum who had died and her father that left her mother as soon as he found out she was pregnant. A look of anger crossed her face as she reached into her saddle bag and stroked the blade of her knife "I'll get him back for leaving my mum" she thought to herself "my mum was poor and cold after he left, and I'll kill him for that! Someday..." her thoughts went on as she drifted of to a restless sleep.((how was that post? XD ))

(fantastic! keept it up just like that. use thoughts and deatails :D :D )

Spear and host both let out breath of Relief as she entered a normal sleep cycle.

They smiled and spear put his hoof out “spear Mcwingtip, royal assassin thanks for your help

Host brohoofed spear “oh no; its my job to make you all comfortable. I knew you were coming but not as soon as you were.”

Spear groaned as he stood up it hurt his back a little, he took Zero’s saddlebag out from the sheets and tucked her in nice and snug.

Its allrigh I’m going to get some rest myself our mission will start tomorrow.” Spear set her bag on a nightstand and set his own gear on a nightstand next to it. “

"What kind of services do you have here?” he asked as he stretched out

well we have a full kitchen, some of the comfiest beds in Equestria, a armory, quite small but our armor Sharpy is one of the best at weapons maintenance in the world, he can fix and sharpen anything to perfection. Too bad he is so grumpy all the time. We also have a special magic messenger, which allows capturing and sending of all sorts of magical messages and … well that’s it. We usually only have assassins pass on thru.” Spear tried to stretch his old back but it just caused pain. “o.k thank you we will inform you when we will head out.

oh excellent I will have breakfast ready as soon as you wake!”

host then left the room slightly dancing a bit, something about that pony just set out an aura of hospitality and love.

Spear tiredly walked back to zero and checked her pulse real quick, “get some sleep assassin were going to need it.” He then rubbed her head one last time and said “its all o.k I’m going to be right here next to you.” and with that he went over and painfully crawled into his sheets. He said to himself

Hmm host was right these are comfy!

he rolled around snuggling up to his blanket and closed his eyes. He turned over and looked at Zero again.

“I hope I can train her properly, I hope I’m good enough for her.” And with that he was asleep.

Zero woke up and nuzzled spear "spear wake up" she said softly. She wondered what he had dreamed about. she continued nuzzling him "wake up you sleepy ol' thing" she giggled and poked him in the side "are you dead?" she joke-asked

Spear was always a light sleeper but now that his body actually needed rest waking up was always a strange difficult thing for him.

Ugh, ooh no … no not dead." He pushed himself up in a sitting position and looked over to his energetic young partner he appreciated her enthusiasm but part of him just wanted to either rest or take a bath in muscle relaxing cream “what time is it?

his eyes widened “A.M!” he repeated in a slightly angry tone

a mixture of anger (at letting himself sleep in) and surprise gave him the boost to get out of bed he jumped out and quickly fixed his sheets while saying

I’m not an officer stop calling me sir.” Done with the sheets he turned around stretched out a bit and rubbed the grit from his eyes

“I never sleep in like that uhh, did you eat with host yet?” he grabbed his gear pack while waiting for an answer

Archived