[Ponyville] Looking for new pals (Open)

LunarRelic

Lunar Relic sat in his shop with a book open in front of him. He slams the book shut and puts it back

"I need to find some ponies to talk to... I keep to myself way to much... I bet half the town doesn't even know I exist." He sighs opening the front door with his magic and walking outside. "Maybe if I wander enough somepony will come ask about me..." Lunar trots on down the road towards the Town Market in hopes to meet a pony who he could become friends with.

It just so happened that a griffon with a golden coat had been visiting Ponyville for a bit of relaxation. Her last case was quite the wild goose-chase! Golden Sky was forced to find and apprehend a master criminal known for being a master of disguise and deception. He had stolen precious gems from a bank and had taken on multiple personas in an attempt to catch Golden Sky off-guard. He would appear in random places around town to confuse Golden Sky and hide his true destination: the underground tunnels.

"I can't believe I let him drag me along like that...! I really have to step my game up if I want to be the best private inestigator ever!" Golden Sky muttered to herself. She got up from the bench she had been sitting on to find some company to talk to; she hadn't really interacted with anypony in the time she had been travelling all over Equestria. Golden Sky was beginning to feel lonely. She brightened up a little when she spotted a pony off in the distance. He seemed to be looking for some company as well. Golden Sky walked up to him and greeted him with a simple 'hello!'.

"Oh, I don't live around here, actually. I'm just here for a bit of relaxation. You see, my occupation can get very taxing at times." Golden Sky replied. She grinned back at Lunar and introduced herself. "I'm Golden Sky, a private investigator. It's nice to meet you, Lunar."

"Nice to meet you Golden Sky." Lunar says with a bow "What brings you to Ponyville? I mean not much really happens up here. Most of us just sit in our shops and do what's needed. I finished re organizing some of the odds and ends in one of my store shelves early so I figured I needed a break and well I guess I am not the best when it comes to being social. I am kind of a workaholic..." he chuckles stopping himself before he goes rambling on like he tends to do.

"I'm here to rest a little. My last case was incredibly tiring." Golden Sky smiled when Lunar called himself a 'workaholic'. "Well, I just so happen to be quite the workaholic, too. I don't usually take breaks like this." she replied.

Lunar Laughs a bit at Golden Sky's statement "You must be good at your job then. I think if I took a break I'd miss a chance on finding something to add to my store's shelves. In fact I am going to the Whitetail woods in a couple of days to look for anything that may be linked to ancient pony lifestyle. I almost always picture it like something Zecora may have." Lunar stops himself forcefully again since he was rambling. "If you need a place to take a nap or something I go have an extra bed back home you rest in."

"Whitetail Woods, eh? Would you mind if I accompanied you? I have a feeling I'll be staying in Ponyville for a few days, if not weeks." Goldeb Sky thought a bit before responding to Lunar's suggestion. "I will be needing a place to stay, now that I think about it. Thank you very much for the kind offer."

Lunar smiles at Golden Sky "It's a great offer and I would enjoy that. Now I will warn you up front when the moon is at its high point you don't want to be in the living area. I have an item there I am restoring but whenever the moon shines on it a bright reflection is formed. It nearly blinded me the first time." Lunar replies "Now if you wish I can show you to my humble abode." Lunar says with a kind smile.

Lunar Relic smiles as he unlocks the door to the upstairs "The guest area is to the right side of the main living room. I will be up around 7:00 but you sleep as long as you need as I will be working on repairing the large thing on the table in the living room. I'm not quite sure what it is yet but I want to say it was an old statue head used to reflect moonlight. But that's just a theory." Lunar walks up the staircase and into the Living Room and in the center on the table was a large bright white object that looked like half of a pony's body. Lunar sits down and turns on the TV to the news to see what the Pegasi had planned for tomorrows weather. "I hope no rain... otherwise the Farmers Market trip will have to wait..." he sighs.

Golden Sky nodded and thanked Lunar Relic once more before heading into the guest room to settle down. She glanced at the large white object on the table and felt as though she had seen it somewhere before. She shook it off as just her imagination and began to unpack.

Lunar Relic takes his seat by the large half pony figure and he begins chipping off muck and grime to reveal its indentations used for design. "Looks like a unicorn neck and head of a special unicorn maybe used to light streets in days of old" he repeats as he writes it down. "You doing okay Golden Sky?" He asks "If your hungry I have some apples left but that's all till I make it to the Farmers Market tomorrow. Wish I had more myself.."

"I'm fine, but thank you for the offer." Golden Sky replied. She took the last few things in her bag before heading over to where Lunar was. She gave the statue another look, admiring each detail and design. "Even covered in such dirt and grime, this statue is rather beautiful." Golden Sky said.

Lunar Relic looks up "I know right It must have been a real beauty back in its glory days." Lunar then grabs a tool for scraping dirt off and he notices a name inscribe "Whoa! Incredible!" quickly he begins to clean out the area around it

(Sorry I took so Long been busy on stuff)

(It's fine haha)

Golden Sky's eyes widened and she watched as the dirt was scraped off and the name became more legible. "What does it spell out?"

• 3 weeks later...

(Sorry again like I said busy busy busy)

Lunar Scrapes the dirt off and read it aloud "Star Swirled the bearded?" Lunar Relic looks in surprise "I don't believe it! I wonder if I should give it to The Canterlot Archives..."

(It's fine, really.)

"I think this should go into a museum! Everypony deserves to see such a masterpiece. Besides, Starswirl the Bearded was a very important and famous unicorn, right?" Golden Sky replied.

Archived