Stress Help

Slazer

Yeah, I don't quite know where to begin with this. As some of you know, I graduated from high school a few weeks back, and almost immediately because of circumstances I'd rather not elaborate on, I'm trying to get a place of my own. I have help with this, but it's been a nightmarish experience nonetheless and the stress has been kicking my flank hard, to say nothing of my now utterly ruined sleeping patterns. It's been affecting everything I love to do, including roleplay; some of you have probably noticed either my laments in the status box or my severe lack of posting in any threads I'm involved in. I want to post, I really, truly do, but I can't find the words anymore.

My hope for this thread is that someone here can help me figure out how to deal with this stress. I've tried everything I normally do, but the worry and fear is always creeping in the back of my mind, making everything I used to enjoy feel like torture. I'm getting close to the end of my rope, and I don't have a clue what to do. Please, if anyone here in Canterlot knows some way to help deal with this stress, I'd appreciate every bit of advice or support you can offer.

Break things down into little pieces. Find individual projects and isolate them and begin work on completing them. Breaking things down into small pieces will make them seem not as terrifying and will really help you get as handle on things.

Stay busy. After you finish breaking those pieces down, work on them individually. You can rotate which ones you work on, but make sure you are always doing something and making progress towards completion. If you get stuck somewhere, move on to the next one and come back later.

Take breaks. Don't binge or overstimulate. Just take the time to make a cup of tea or beverage of choice and relax for a few minutes and clear your head. Fresh air and sunshine (if available) will help, too.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Archived