Recruitment thread, for those who wanna help

ancara22

Hi there, name's ancara22, and this here thread is a call out to anybody who wishes to help out with the game. We need plenty of help with getting things done, and the more help we can get, the better.

If you wanna help, make a post containing your username, skype, the job you wanna help out with and some samples of your work so we can see if what you can do will be enough to help us out with the game.

I'll go through the list of job positions availible, one by one:

Modelers: This is an important job, making the assets for each of the tracks as well as the models for the characters themselves. The main thing here is that you can make good models that don't look out of place in the game.

Makkon is our current lead modeler. Here's a couple examples from him (one is WIP atm) to show what basic standard we're working towards:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1276 ... 220837.png

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9569 ... 000354.png

Track Designers: We need people who can help design the track layout and stuff for each of the tracks, so each of them comes out good. Being good at level design is a good thing to have for this. Also knowing how to get it to look decent and drive-able when we test it is important too.

strangemodule is our lead track designer and does most of actually modeling the track layouts and stuff. If you're helping with this job, ask him for any help with design if you need any.

Gui designer/coder: This is a priority job that needs filled. We need somebody who can help get the GUI working alright and be sure it looks good as well(although we have an artist or two with us atm, so don't worry too much about that). If you can work well with unity, this is the job for you.

Code help for Air: This is a priority job too, Xeol needs help on this. You just can't let Xeol code by himself...

Code help for Land: Same goes from above but more to karts and footraces.

I'll probably edit this from time to time based on how we're holding up dev member-wise and if any new jobs need help with. So yeah, post if you wanna help with the needed info and stuff above, and we'll check from time to time to see if anybody fits the bill for who we need.

hi hi

I'd like to play this game, and so I might be able to help out with some models/animations/textures here and there. The other project I'm working on has to take priority though, but if you have a issue tracker or task list, I might be able to sign a task out now and again.

I've always loved racing games, and I would -love- to design tracks. But I'd need to know what kinds of tools you'd use to build tracks, or if you're just looking for drawn maps and overall look before they are imported into the engine. I would like to learn a bit more about this if someone would be willing to give me a quick rundown sometime. :(

Ahh... well, we do need new modelers.

We use the .3ds model format. Any tools can be used.

We are using an Ogre3d environment now. Not UDK or Unity3d.

We already have a map list but we're limiting the tracks to 4 for now.

We do have a task list but right now it's all screwed up but we're already sorting it out.

Do please, I'd like to see some of your works. PM them to me and I'll see you can get in. :)