The adventures of a GentleColt and his aprentices ( 4 slots remain )

theshypony

Tick...tock...tick...tock. The dark wooden grandfather clock clicked back and forth in singing its melancholy song. The room surrounding the clock was an oddity in itself. Books lay in stacks on the floor, the secret of their contents hidden by the language of ancients. shelves where covered with scrolls and other artifacts from civilizations of old. A man sat in a rotting chair in the corer of the single roomed home, his spectacles down the bridge of his muzzle. His brown fur was covered with a dark grey " trench coat " embroided with bronze buttons and a shoulder pouch. his focus was on a particular document entrusted to him by princes Luna herself. The message itself was in a code that he had learned in years past. The only letters in (english?) were " burn this once read ". his eyes where alight with fascination and wonder. Not often did he get something so valuable. His name was Karlile the Wise, the name given to him by his late mother at his birth. It was a stroke of luck that the name matched his reputation. he stopped reading for a moment and pondered why most ponies names were similar to their special talents. Buttonmash was a child affixed to " Video games " and the mare Derpy was, well, " derpy ". Karlile realized he was distracting himself from his duty and made a mental note to research the names of every pony in Ponyville. What the Gruff Pony had in intellect, he lacked in sociability. In fact, he had forgotten something quite important.

This, it where you come in. a few old pieces of parchment had recently been posted on the side of a few merchant stalls stating

Assistant(s) required

To all those whom this may concern, I am looking for at least (4) male or female ponies of fair intellect whom can help me with a certain projects regarding the illustrious and complex history of Equestria and mathematics. The job in question requires:

1. The cognitive ability to read changling-text ( optional )

2. Brave enough to explore ancient caves and ruins

3. Can think under pressure

4. Able to stand the smell and clutter of a small home on the edge of the forest

The list went on and on. Realizing you have most of these abilities, you have decided to ask for an apprenticeship with the old Cult. Although it didn't pay many bits it did allow the chance for vast knowledge! At the end of the abnormally long and wrinkly paper nailed to the wooden boards was directions to his small home near the edge of town.

( So, basically there are four slots, it would be nice to have at least one female applicant as there is a branch in the story involving natives and rope and and fire, not how you think though (( wink wink )) (((not a sexual wink wink but a Wink wink that means it'll be interesting. actually, why am I explaining this? ))) Anywho, it would be nice if you could apply, basic application forms are required (( Name, age, cutiemark, color of fur and mane, as well as clothing and an at least brief description of personality. Also, optionally a bit of back story and list of cognitive or physical abilities worth noting would be nice. So yeah. I don't know how to end this so here you go (( SO MUCH WRITING. Jk, not that bad actually :D worth it )) )

:3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in, SO IN, im just going to link my CC app for the char i will use. He is brave enough, easily brave enough, to explore, he can think under pressure, whats changeling text? and he can hanlde smelly homes, here he is

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/18829-blackwingready/

( Changling text is a made up language I popped out of my head and it was the best nam I could come up with. cuz I suck. xD But Yes I will review your application. Also, storm, um, where exactly is " down there " per say? I will also judge applications on depth considering the type of Rp. so just putting that out there. )

I do like Blackwing's character, But I was more looking for ponies rather than other species. Although I do find the fact that he looks like a girl but is male. It makes up for a funny situation in my head. Points for originality there, but I must ask, being a thief, how is his education?

(also I don't see his sign or whatever. I've never been good with Rp sights ;~; for making a topic on historical findings and intelligence ( as well as adventure of course. I do seem to be lacking in the whole " brains " department )

This is my guy

Name: Emerald Shield

Species: Crystal Pony

Eye color: Sky Blue

Character color: Emerald Green

Mane/Tail/Other: White Medium length mane and tail

Physique: Lean but muscled

Residence: Ponyville

Cutie Mark: Shield made of Green crystal

Special talent: He specializes in creating things using crystals

Unique Traits: Spends his spare time free running

History: He was raised under Sombra's rule as an orphan. He ran around stealing food and clothes and slept in a box. He had no friends and any other fillies or colts his age would avoid him. He got his cutie mark when he turned a gem he stole into a miniature figure which became his imaginary friend. He would play games with it, hold conversations, and went slightly insane from the lack of positive interaction. Once he got over his slight insanity he realized he needed to occupy his time with something. So he began teaching himself, and has all the knowledge that would normally come from a prestigious university. After Sombra was taken down he met great success with his ability to create anything out of crystal, and for a while had a shop and saved up money to go traveling. Once he had enough he sold the shop and moved to Ponyville.

Personality: He is determined yet fun loving and awkward at the same time. He gets extremely nervous around girls and because of his lonely past he is willing to give everypony a chance at friendship. He enjoys goofing off and can slack off if what he's doing bores him. Also very easily entertained.

(( For Daring, depending on future applications you are currently in my now cognitive roster meaning you haven't been fully chosen but are being considered depending again on future applications.as for storm chaser, your application was hard to read due to poor punctuation, typos, and huge run on sentences. this normally would'take me decline, butalso you did;really tell me much about him, the best you gave me was a situation he was in and how he reacted to it. not his background, and not much on his overall personality. _)

A crystal pony? very interesting indeed. I like the sound of your character, but the back story is slightly lacking and I have no grip on his personality. go into slightly more detail with those and it would be perfect. you are also in my little cognitive roster. )

Tip bud, you dont need to do everythiong in brackets :P And cool, il be hoping im in. If you need anythign else on blackwing feel free to ask, i did leave a few things out here and there in his app

wouldn't that be counting under his history

History:Born and raised in trottingham. His life in trottingham was plain his mum name is ThunderDancer is a pegasus his father Star sparkle is a unicorn and they get along just fine his grandparents live in cloudsdale his grandmother name is Waterchaser and his grandfather name is Flaredancer. He also knows rainbow dash and her family he is trying to make the best of his life he can after he got to a curtain age he moved from trottingham to see the world and find to best place to settled down

Character Summary:When StormChaser is concentrating and forcing on something really hard he gets stratled really easily and make mistakes. StormChaser talents are speed he is also good at making thing like toys and wagons. StormChaser dreams and goal in life is to go down in history and maybe start a family he loves sweet foods,partys,being a daredevil,and magic he dislikessour foods, and going slow his hobby is making veriest things when he is not practicing he behave carmly and rarely jump to conclusion. He loves to make new friends some ponies. Feel safer when they are around him other feel like they are in danger around him he always fails at making food for himself he is not good at cooking he is afraid of the dark and some ponies still make fun of him for it like picthdarkness and he is worry he will die along and never me his true love and he doesn't give up very easily ponies may hit him while he is down but he would't give up

Archived