Making Pony Babies

The other Mane Five aren't that easy. Fluttershy might go for Big Mac, but he already went for Cheerilee, albeit against his will by the Cutie Mark Crusaders and their love potion. Rarity and Spike are also likely, but one, they're entirely different species, so a pony/dragon hybrid might not be possible, and two, Spike's an infant and is therefore too young to mate with a young adult mare in her twenties.

But obviously, since Twilight was constantly seen with Flash Sentry in Equestria Girls, that means he's the likely candidate to bear Twilight's heirs to the royal throne. Besides, it won't be that hard, she just needs to apply everything she learned about friendship to romancing the opposite gender.

Well, never thought I'd see an admin open up a mane 6 shipping/foal discussion thread. I'll have to come hack to you on this. :razz:

I assure you now, you'll never know another Admin quite like Rosewind! XD

This isn't a topic I ever thought I'd see actually brought up, but hey, who's complaining? :smug:

One of my more favored pairings for something like this is Pinkie Pie/Donut Joe (the pony who runs the donut shop the Mane Six and Celestia crash at after the disastrous Grand Galloping Gala in S1). This mainly runs off of fanon interpretation of Joe's character: in most of the fanfics I've read, he's a solid, down-to-earth sort of pony with a good funnybone and a level head on his shoulders. To me, this meshes perfectly with the smile-crazy and unpredictable Pinkie Pie, and is just the sort of pony she would need as a father figure to any foals she has (and, judging from how much she comes to appreciate Pumpkin and Pound Cake, I feel she'd be the kind of pony to love foals). :smirk:

Another interesting pairing I've seen pop up a couple of times and enjoy is Twilight/Cheerilee. This one is almost a no-brainer, when you think about it: the dedicated teacher and the eternal learner, in effect, though again this is off of fanon interpretation. Cheerilee is a determined and kind pony (she has to be to put up with literal foalish antics nearly every day and still keep such a happy demeanor) with a mind to compliment Twilight's own, and similar to the above, she has a good amount of grounding (seems to be a pretty common trait with Earth Ponies in Ponyville) to help keep the, and let's be honest here, unstable Twilight out of Crazy-Smarty-Pants-Land. I also feel that having someone that good with kids and that sensible at her side is about the only way that Twilight would probably actually have foals; on her own or with almost anypony else, she doesn't strike me as the sort to want kids, given how much her studies mean to her- and kids mean nothing if not lost free time. :-|

That's all I can think of for now, and it's probably way more than any healthy fan should ever ponder. :razz:

Pinkie would obviously name her foal either Sugar Pie or something along the line of sweets. Though I think she would be the scariest during pregnancy due to the hormones flooding her body.

Course her sweets eating would triple! O_O

Before Phil posts, just know that there could never be any offspring between Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Ever.

Before Phil posts, just know that there could never be any offspring between Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Ever.

Truth. While they have some interesting chemistry, I'll admit, their individual life goals and dreams pretty much mean that foals will be a no-no for most of their lives.

I personally ship Rarity with Spike (I dunno, maybe some weirdish magic thing would allow them to breed?), though as for the foals' names, I have no idea. Though after some unoriginalness, a thesaurus, and combining of names: Clarity, Sharp Shimmer? Something like that. Also, AJ and Caramel. The names would likely have something with apples and maybe candy. (... Toffee Apple? Sweet Fruit?)

That's pretty much all I ship, but I shall be back with more. Maybe.

Archived