What does everyone think about the Rainbow Power and Rainbow Castle?

To me, I thought both restored relevancy to Twilight's five friends, after the way they were pushed by the wayside and made useless and disposable for the benefit of Twilight's story-arc. It's just a shame that no one likes either and prefers the Twilight/Tirek fight, and as a result, unintentionally implied that Twilight is at her best when she's this overpowered savior of the universe, and her friends are at theirs' when they are useless, disposable and pushed by the wayside for Twilight's benefit.

Oh come on, seriously? You can keep rewording this a thousand times but we've already heard this..

And the Castle and Powers are gawdy and over the top, but I like the idea of them being a council.

BTW this opinion is not up for debate, don't try to tell me that I am incorrect, or to try and "beat your argument into my head"

Ps: Stop trying to speak for everyone, you don't know that "No one Likes either" of these things

And I can see why they think they are ridiculous, have you seen Rarity's hair?

rainbow_power_rarity_by_ashidaru-d7i2pla.png

PPS: The only one IMPLYING anything is you!

PPS: The only one IMPLYING anything is you!

So people didn't like the designs of the Rainbow Castle and Rainbow Power, but their opinions about every other aspect of these things are varied. And as for me, I'm just coming up with bad, nonsensical assumptions about the fans and how they felt about the S4 finale.

You know where I learned to argue like this? Anita Sarkeesian, of Feminist Frequency's Tropes Vs. Women In Video Games. When she did the Damsel-in-Distress -- which was supposed to promote "true love conquers all" -- she made assumptions about how the damsel-in-distress unintentionally created a message that women are weak and subordinate, and thus need to be protected by men. She also criticized the Euthanized Damsel trope for unintentionally promoting domestic violence as a good thing, despite it being used just to raise the stakes for the player.

That's how I'm arguing as well. Messages can be just as much unintentional as much as the other way around, and when people say or like certain things, they can unintentionally imply something else, like the Damsel in Distress and Euthanized Damsel tropes. And that's what describes people's opinions about the Season Four finale. They're unintentionally creating a message that My Little Pony should just abandon its own friendship motif, and instead make Twilight this ultimate savior of the universe while her friends are disempowered or even killed.

You need to learn to argue better because you are doing a terrible job! There is a difference between DISCUSSION (which is what this is supposed to be) and meaningless arguing

YOU are just arguing and are no fun to talk to

What about Anita Sarkeesian's style of arguing? Is that nonsensical and stupid as well?

I get the feeling you just don't understand other peoples perspectives, shep, and thus it may be better if you just....stopped.

Seriously, this entire repeat of repeat of repeating arguments is going nowhere at all and is achieving NOTHING!

Stop...Just stop - you can't discuss other peoples opinions without first accepting that they have their own perspectives on how these things work!

FIM has never 'proven' that the writers think the friends are disposable - NOBODY else see's that but you.

Archived