Behind hostile lines RP thread FULL

Blackwing was sitting outside the military. He was waitign for the team to show up. They were heading towards the front lines, though they were goign further then that. They were heading behind their lines to cause havok so the front lines could win in there conflicts. Blackwing didnt know why he had been called, and he didnt know who he was with, though he did know they would have a hell of a time surviving. As Blackwing waited he stayed emotionless like he always was.

Grudge walked down the street of the base, he always felt a weird comfort when on a base, still he was a bit nervous about the upcoming missions.

His sea bag was getting heavy in his hands and he shifted the weight a little bit. There was no one there on the street, but when he rounded a corner he saw a griffon sitting down with a lonely look in his eyes,

He thought

“lets see griffon, slim, Captan. Yeah that’s him”

he took a few more steps and called out

“captan BlackWing! Sir!” he saluted and continued walking

“My name is sergeant Crusher, I’ve been assigned to your squad, its nice to meet you!”

Blackwing would look up to see a green Crystal pony walking towards him. He would show no emotion as he stood up and walked towards the Sergeant who had just approached him

"Hi" Would be his first and only words for the moment. Blackwing would start to walk back towards where he had been sitting before. Behind him a chopper could be seen preparign to take off.

Blackwing would then sit back down against the wall. He still had another two to wait for. As he sat down he looked at the Crystal pony. He seemed like he would be useful on this mission, and he also looked fairly skilled. Blackwing wwould stay emotionless as he waited for the rest.

It was a lonely road Archon walked down. He was just a private for now, and though he had every intention of rising through the ranks he hadn't anything to his name yet, except for his trusty sniper rifle which he always clutched close to his chest. It was his most prized possession. It defined who he was. He rarely let it go.

Rounding the corner, he noticed the other griffon sitting there. He had a knack for faces; he remembered who this one was.

"Captain." He said respectfully, giving a salute and a short bow. "Private Archon, reporting for duty, sir."

What a jerk!

Thought Crusher to himself. He had some jerk officers he had to work for before but that was just plain rude and demeaning, at least he acknowledged he was there.

he lowered his salute when he saw the captan sit down. Then a private came and introduced himself as Archon.

He put a hand on his solder and pointed to the captan and said “real quite guy, don’t expect him to salute back.”

He took his hand off his solder set his sea bag down and said

“ahh” feeling relieved to let go of his bag he held his hand out for a shake to the young griffon

“sergeant Grudge Crusher, don’t let the name fool ya! I’m here to help. Is this your first assignment?” he asked kindly

Blackwing looked at the Private who had just joined the crystal pony. This one seemed like a newby, and also liked he hadnt seen all that much action. Blackwing wondered who else the higher ups had sent to help him out, this was a hard mission.

Blackwing would show no emotion as he pulled a M9 out of its holster. He checked the ammo before doing the same with the other one. After two minutes he had checked them both and had them in there respective holsters. After that Blackwing sat and waited for the third person who would come and help them.

"Very well, Sergeant." Archon said as Crusher mentioned the Captain's quiet disposition. "I'm... quiet too, myself." Then Crusher asked if it was his first assignment. He felt he had to answer with care.

"Yes, it is my first... official assignment, sergeant." Archon said cautiously. "Pleased to meet you." He gave Crusher a polite nod and a salute, then shook his hand.

The sound of heavy metal clanking was heard down the street as Firestorm walked to the DZ, He slipped on his armored mask and strapped on his helmet as he rounded the corner and saw the group, the thick armored leggings were clanking more loudly as he quickened his pace to meet the others. He didn't know how this will all go down but he knew that he is going to have to stick to these guys through the long wrong and will need them to survive. "Captain Blackwing!" he called out in a deep booming voice "Gunnery sgt. Firestorm reporting in sir." he said not even bothering to solute, to him it was useless. Soluting your superiors just make them a target for snipers.

Blackwing looked up as the last of his team arrived. This one seemed ready for this, with how he was inanely armored. Blackwing would then stand up and walk towards the group. As he reached the group he looked them all in the eye, one by one. After that he would walk away towards where he had been sitting down. Blackwing grabbed his ACR off the wall it had been leaning against. Blackwing started walking towards the chopper, which was still being prepped though it was also nearly complete. He made a gesture for the other three to follow him.

Firestorm rested his MG3 on his shoulder and started to follow "ooo looks like we the quiet mysterious type for a captain, talk about interesting." she said chuckling. "So...anyone here been on the front before?" he asked

Crusher smiled and nodded in agreement “yup, he’s one of those … I just hope he doesn’t freak out on us like my last one did … anyway yeah names sergeant Grudge Crusher” he held his hand out for a shake”

“it’s nice to meet you gunny. This is like my …my 6 field op with the rangers. but if I had know there would be another heavy gunner I would of brought my h and k or something … something to help make us a bit more flexible.”

Blackwing would turn aroudn and look at the three. So far none of them had followed him all that much, they were still talking. Blackwing was fine with that,though he wanted to get on the ground and get this done and dusted. Blackwing would turn around again and lift one foot onto the chopper. He then climbed into it and took a seat, waiting for the others to get here.

While he was waiting Blackwing would think about the mission. They were being sent behind enemy lines and they didnt even know what for, all he had been told was that they would be doing multiple objectives there.

Archon walked up to the helicopter, glancing at Firestorm and giving him a brief bow. "Private Archon, sergeant. Pleased to meet you." He listened to the question. "The 'front' is a... subjective term. Let's just say I haven't been on the front lines before." Taking a step into the chopper, he said to the other two, "Let's leave now. We have a mission to do, and I don't think the Captain will appreciate us being late." He took the most unobtrusive seat that was still available and waited for the others.

Blackwing would turn his head towards Archon. He seemed to be one to stick to the back stages of a battle, that would be useful IF they needed support. Blackwing would look at the pilots who were waiting for the word to go. Blackwing did not give the order yet, the other two were yet to board the chopper. "Proficiency?" Blackwing would ask the private, wanting to know the talents of his squad.

Archon glanced down at the sniper rifle clutched firmly in his hands. "Sniper, sir." He fidgeted slightly in his seat; he wasn't good at conversation normally, and the fact that he was talking to a superior who was... well, his superior, didn't really help things. He coughed awkwardly, wondering if there was something else he should say. He eventually elected to keep silent. It was, after all, the best way to make sure he didn't say something wrong.

Grudge turned to firestorm and said

“hey you gotta help me keep an eye on the captain and the kid. This might just be one mission to many for the cap you know he’s got the stare and everything, and the kid looks tough but might not be able to handle it, you know what I’m saying?”

with that he picked up his sea bag and stepped on the chopper. He sat down in his seat and began listing to Archon’s story

Firestorm nodded "noted." as he stepped onto the chopper and sat in the gunner seat and examined the weapon "M134 Minigun...7.62mm cartridges...eh...it isn't an M2 50 cal. by any means but i can work with it" he said putting his MG3 down close to him. That machine was his most valued possession. He got it after trading his M240B for it with some foreign guy on the fronts. "we're ready to roll Captain."

Blackwing would look back at the pilot and say"Go". As he said that the pilots would start tinkering with the controls as they took off to fly them to their desination.

(Sorry this is short, bit rushed, will post a bigger one later)

Archon continued to shift awkwardly on his seat. He didn't particularly feel like saying anything else, but at the same time the silence was so absolute that it was almost painful. He eventually contented himself with going through his equipment again; his two handguns, smoke grenades, and of course his trusty sniper rifle, complete with its stand. Sniping was a quiet, lonely job, just the way he liked it, and he'd gotten accustomed enough to being alone that situations like these ended up more difficult to navigate through than a minefield. He simply sat silently and waited for them to reach their destination, hoping someone else would fill the silence with chatter.

“so! Am I the only one that has no intell or briefing on what were doing!” he chuckled a bit as he began pulling gear out of his sea bag.

“I mean my sergeant major called me yesterday and said ay wats up devil, YO want a job here! I agredd and I got the orders a half hour later!”

he put a hand to his head realizing he could easily be back home and be the only stallion in the bar right now.

“from what I surmised so far were doing some deep cell operator stuff, acting on our own. No intell no recon, no nothing”

Blackwing would look at Crusher, who seemed a bit curious. Blackwing didnt blame him, he himself agreed. Blackwing kept his no emotion attitude as he talked back to him. "Same" Was the only word he said. Blackwing would then look at him and Firestorm. He needed to know what these two were good. "Specialties?" He would ask as he looked back outside the chopper.

Firestorm looked back "Heavy weapons" he replied pointing to his M32 revolving grenade launcher "I'm the one they send out to blitz the enemy lines"

The chopper was nearing their drog zone.

-----------------

Blackwing saw the area they were dropping into, and it made him wonder. Why had they received no intel on this mission? Why was it us?. Blackwign woould let the question slide as he kicked the rope so they could rapel down. "Go" Was all Blackwing would say as he dropped off the chopper. As he dropped he would grab onto the rope and slide down, landing without a hitch. He didnt draw any of his weapons, and his ACR was hanging on his back.

Crusher rolled his eyes and while listing to Fire

“Why 2 heavy weapons!" He thought, "S-2 really dropped the ball on this one” he thought

“I also do heavy weapons, but at least I usually do more squad support stuff, you know lay down suppressive fire so my team can advance or flank. Also I’m c.l.s so if you get shot; you looks like I’m the closest thing we got to a doc. …also I’ve done way to much mout for my own darn good (military operations in urban terrain) so yeah door breaches and close quarters are my meat and potatoes so to speak.”

When the captan said “GO” he wasn’t sure what he meant then he saw him rebel off the chopper.

Is this the L.Z

He thought to himself as he quickly attached the line to his riggers belt.

He held his 240 in one hand and slid down

Owe owe owe owe

He said to himself, but he kept it in his head as he slid down the rope, hitting the ground and doing a buddy rush ahead of the Captain and laying prone scanning for targets

“SET-CLEAR!” he shouted over the chopper

Firestorm was still manning the minigun "Private, go...I gotta cover you guys while you all drop." he said scanning the area "and make sure you don't fall out of the chopper...we don't need you KIA by the ground."

Archived