Crow closed in on the 3rd wraith. It fired a big ball of plasma right over her head, and as she got closer she lowered the crosshair and fired

“Direct hit! 1 more to go!”

the last wraith fired at her, but she used the boost to dodge.

She adjusted the crosshair and fired.

To her surprise it was another direct hit!

huhh I think I’m getting the hang of the plasma mortar. I still prefer the scorpion tank though.”

She looked at the battle field. The odst used there superior vehicles and destroyed anything left

so! Was that is sergeant or do we got more? cause I got more!”

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight listened to Foxy, they had to find another Spartan.....What, where they making a squad? She hated the thought of it, why was he doing this to her? He walked out, leaning her alone. She sat down, taking her helmet off. She rested her head in her hands, and by herself, she did something she hated doing. She cried. She cried for so many different reasons.

She finally found Foxy, only for him to turn her into a Spartan. And her, feelings, towards him hadn't changed. She hated him, but, she cared about him, as much as she hated herself for it.

Eventually, she put her helmet on her head and headed up to the landing pad, where the Pelican was waiting for them. She go in, sitting and locking herself in.

"Lets go..." was all she said into the radio to Foxy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avery saw the Spartan crush the remaining Wraith. She wasn't all that bad, she'd made one scary ODST for sure.

"Personally, Scorpians are better than Wraiths, just takes a good pilot. And, for wraiths. Something wrong, intelligence said there was a dozen, maybe more, regular wraiths down here. My question, where the hel.l are they? Cause I don't see anything down here.....Anyway, call in the air force, tell 'em it's clear to start bombing runs and to get the wounded out of here"

The whole time midnight had been gone, sky had been sitting in the pilot seat, crying none stop. His thoughts were in a never ending cycle, one that he knew would last until he died...or maybe some other miraculous thing that would happen. The thoughts were these. 'Why....why did it come to this....I....lost her....she trusted me....even....and..i lost it......W...why.....I...wish it had been me on that bed, i wish i had had my lungs crushed, i wish i had those wounds...at least then....Midnight would still be happy, a..and she m..ight still care....I..just cant...belive i found her....only for fate to yet again take her away...this time in the worst way possible"

When Midnight arrived sky would still have been crying, mulling these thoughts over, and when she made the call to go, sky would take thirty seconds to actually place his hands where they needed to be before taking the Pelican into the air, tears coming down none stop as a new thought came into his head. "S....She hates me now....probably mor....more then.......she hates the ones w..ho tortured her"

Crow listened to Avery.

“hmm. 4 out of 12.

Crow felt comfortable and spoke what she was thinking aloud letting everyone hear it

“covies are big on numbers. The whole overwhelm and move in kind of thing. But thinking about it they always like to spread out. Which makes things easier on us because we can fight them in manageable chunks.”

She got out of the wraith still contemplating the missing enemies. She walked around the wraith jumped up and grapped the exhaust port.

do you think they the other tanks spread out and switched areas? It sounds like something a covenant leader would do, split your tanks up into 3 squads of 4 and hold the line”

she then began rapidly punching the port till a small part of the core was exposed she punched that and it blew up from the inside!

She jumped off unharmed and waved to get picked up by a warthog.

“sergeant I advise we make a quick sweep of the area and try to find those missing wraiths as well as rack up some kills. They need to learn not to mess with earth.

Midnight sat silent in the back of the Pelican, making sure her eyes were clear. She couldn't let her emotions control her, not now, she was about to enter a battefield and she needed to remain concentrated. If she entered like this, she had no doubt she'd get killed. She rested her head in her hands, slowing her breathing and loading her weapons, pushing everything out of her mind. She needed to focus on the now.

In Sky's helmet, a voice invaded him helmet

"Delta. Have you found Crow yet? Time is short, and I do not want to waste any more before entering, her, into combat. I want to see how she performs, see if the Spartan Augmentations I used worked on her"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avery listened to the Spartans logic. She had a good point, they'd probably spread them out, hit more areas. She hopped out of the Warthog, reloading her rocket launcher as Thunder kept his hands on the Guass cannon.

"I understand, but our orders end here Spartan. We were ordered to hit the AA-wraiths, then return to the ships. Unless you want to attached yourself to Titan, in which, since you'll be the surperior officer, you'll have the right to re-order us"

"Ha" laughed Thunder "I hope that you take us Spartan, to far it's been a pleasure. Would be a shame to end it so soon"

"L...landing at spartan crows location" Sky would say, his voice still hurt. Sky would look at his side before saying "Rose...contact Crow...tell her that pick up is here" Sky would tell his A.I. Rose would just nod as she sent out the comm message. Sky would then over the inter ship com say "I....m sorry Midnight...p...please dont....hate me.....Landing" Sky would say before landing the pelican in between two buildings where it was safe.

Crow sat in the warthog with thunder and Avery.

“hmm. I would love to do that. Sounds good to me, if your allright with it sergeant I don’t want to be rude. and seem busting in here taking your guys or anything” Suddenly she saw a pelican

isn’t this a no fly …zone

Crow knew got a tight feeling in her gut, like that pelican signed something wrong.

“that can’t be good.’ She said pointing to where it landed and slowly began driving towards her radar placed the green airship

"Good. Once you've gotten her, take your fireteam to the market district. Covies forces have put up a final defense and UNSC forces have them surrounded. Your orders are to go in, just the 3 of you, and clean up. Use whatever methods you wish to kill the Covies, but she will be in combat. I want to see how she performs"

Midnight heard Foxy speak over the comms, but opted to ignore it. She didn't want to think about him anymore, no, she needed to focus on the battle, not care about him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avery smiled.

"Spartan? It'll be a pleasure to have you with Titan. Besides, i'm coming too. I ain't going to let Thunder have all the fun now"

That's when she spotted the Pelican. Why was that here? They were meant to call in the bombing runs, not pickup. She motioned her team to follow her towards the Pelican, exiting the vehicle outside and watching it.

Sky would hear his orders, and with a smile sky would sigh. 'I cant go into combat.....though i have to...she may hate me now, though i still need to protect her....maybe i can tell her the truth, though then her armor would be locked and taken...how will i survive this' Sky would then over the comms say "You wont be disappointed...." He would say with a sad tone before calling Crow on her comms. "Crow.... i need you on the pelican now, front seat...co pilot" He would say to her before then adding "The ODST c...an hitch a ride to the area, though only....me, you an...." He would stop there as a sob could be heard by crow, thats when it just cut off. "M..Midnight, I...dont deserve to be called Fox anymore....y..ou should just call me Delta....its the name.....that im known by those wh...who dont know me..." He would say to her

Crow listened to the cries over the comm.

what? ….what the?”

she turned to her new friends in the odst as if they might have some clues.

Ultimately very confused to say the least.

um Titans, it’s the Spartan from earlier. I have no idea what the buck is going on here. But I better try to talk to him. …Sergeant your better with words than I am …uh please advise. ... but uh better stay outside the pelican just in case” She said looking to Avery. and remembered how combative he got last she saw him.

She silently walked over to the back of the pelican. The back opened up and the little ramp came down. She walked forward to enter and saw none other than another Spartan! It kind of reminded her of midnight, actually.

“WAIT WHOH! WHOH!””

Crow knew just about every Spartan alive at the moment and she had never seen an armor like that!

you? who are you?” see asked not knowing what else to say

this was getting crazyer and crazyer by the moment. all crow wanted to know was what was going on here!

Crow’s head darted between the undefined Spartan and the cock pit. And she awkwardly said while pointing her finger towards sky

“umm I gotta talk to him real quick; uhh nice to meet ya. i'm Old Crow gen-3

It really was nice to meet another Spartan but she was more worried that sky would do something crazy with the pelican, like fly it straight into a wall or something.

She went up to the cock pit and saw Sky his posture was difrent and he was clearly not all there right now

hey delta. Its nice to see you again.” She said trying to sound as calm and soothing as possible. being gentle was never her strong suite but she felt it was the best option right now

she walked up next to him and sat down in the co-pilots seat.

can you please tell me what’s going on? So I can help you and the mission.”

She turned on her comm. So Avery could hear /help her

Sky would hear what Crow said, but he would ignore it. "Rose....jam all transmissions, including those from the Director unless he has mission objectives" He would say, and within seconds all the Comms would go down. Sky would take his helmet off to show his tear soaked face. "Sorry about the comms, no one....can hear us talk...." He would say to her

Avery understood what Crow wanted, but it wasn't her place. This matter, whatever had upset Delta, wasn't anything she had power over. The Spartan was doubtful to listen to her after all. No, he needed a Spartan to kick him into shape.

"Just patch me in the Radio and I'll do what i can" was Avery's reply, before Crow walked into the the Pelican. The ODST's heard the Spartan's exclaims. Titan waited until Crow entered the cockpit before entering the Pelican, taking up spots. They looked at Midnight, who returned the gaze, but Midnight refused to speak. Even as Crow walked past, she remained silent. She was staring at her shotgun, and waiting.

Avery checked the Radio, and it went out suddenly. She frowned. What had happened? Did the Covies just hit their com line or something? She didn't know, but now she couldn't help Crow. What was happening in that cockpit?

Crow felt tense as this happened. she took a deep breath and took her helmet off too. in a attempt to make him feel more comfortable/ relatable.

"it's o.k no need to be sorry." she said feeling a bit naked without the helmet and ashamed of her ugly buffalo face, slightly worried that it might scare him, like it does most people.

she kind of freaked out for a second not having Avery as a life line, but it was better to have a genuine trust between them rather than risk him finding out about her and potentially freaking out. she remained calm and tryed to hold a expression that looked calm and carring

"what do you want to talk about delta. its o.k you can talk about anything with me."

"I...its the spartan in the back.....She is Midnight.....I...saved her from dying o..nly for the director to turn her..in...." Sky would say before he drove his head into Crow's chest as he started to cry

WHAM!

For a second Crow stood there shocked

what the…..”

"HOW IS THAT EVEN! What that can’t be they can’t do that! By the great freaking spirit!” she thought

Crow tried to look in the back at midnight but the view was blocked off.

So much was going on right now Crow felt like there was an explosion going off in her head!

She gently adjusted sky to cry into the furry neck rather than her metal chest plate. And hugged him back. As gently as she could rubbed him with her metal glove on.

Crow couldn’t recall last time she had been hugged, or hugged someone. If ever. It was quite nice actually even with all that was going on.

She held him tight and said “hey it’s all right. Everything happens for a reason; o.k.” she would hold him there until he was ready.

Sky would move his head from her furry neck after maybe two minutes on non stop crying. "Nothing.....about what just happened to me...works with that saying.." Sky would say before he felt the pelican rise. "Thanks rose"

Crow’s mind was pretty scrambled right now. And now came the hard part, sky was suffering from complete breakdown and should not be sent anywhere near a combat zone.

Crow kept one hand on him and said

trust me, science says that every action has a equal reaction, everything happens in our lives is for something, sky. Think about it our lives are like a ladder each moment building up further upon one another, and you can be darn sure that this is one of them. think about all that could of gone wrong. That brute could of killed her, we might not have escaped the ship in time, I may not have been able to help her. Everything that has happened here to day is part of a plan.”

She took a deep breath and hopped that he might be able to focus on the positives of what was going on

I know that Midnight probably isn’t all there right now. … I was a kid, I was changing anyway and had people training me for the change. But transforming for her must of felt like out of nowhere. It must have been the shock of a lifetime. She’s probably mad at the whole universe right now, not just you. in fact if she really is the friend you care for she’ll come around for you eventually, just giver her time and space. I don’t know who’s trying to send her into combat after that but we’ll deal with that bucker later.”

She looked him straight into the eyes, And said “I need you to be strong right now, heck everyone including midnight needs does right now. … she’s probably hurting just as much if not more than you are right now, and needs a you now more than ever, you got’ a be tough for her like I’m sure you always were; o.k.” she said as wiped a tear out of his face with her thumb.

When Crow mentioned that she would deal with the director sky would gasp. Once she finished sky would quickly say "No, you cant take on the director. He has special units that make me look like a tooth pick, hell, they make a scarab look like a glass of water...please, dont make me lose you too" Sky would say before he went on "And wha..ts the point of me fighting.... I cant be strong....Me and Midnight, we bled together, fought together...when i lost her the first time....I could barely stand it, only thign that kept me going was that she would have wanted it that way, and taht i still had friends to protect...now she is back, it was something of a dream...then she almost died....Crow, she does not even care about me anymore....s...she doesnt even know me....But i cant risk telling her the truth....I....had no choice....it was the only thing i could do to save her.....I wish it had been me laying on that hospital bed.....at least then.....no one would be hurt"

With caution she put her hands on his face and said

don’t worry about the director right now. He isn’t even part of the equation o.k. this is about you and midnight.

First of all dishonesty even if its to protect the other is not a healthy part of any relationship. If your not telling her the truth, you should. If you want I can do it for you.”

she swallowed wetting her mouth and giving her tongue a break before continuing.

“ next of all; if anything you said was true, then she still cares about you. you too share the bond of war. That’s something sacred and special that only a small amount of all living things have ever felt. Its more powerful than anything else. And she wouldn’t let that go even if they made her into … a tank or something.

Crow cursed her own imagination imaging how cool it would be to have a tank that could think and act on its own. Then gathered her thoughts back.

“and hey, hey. If you were on that table, I would of hurt. You know that right. It was midnight there for a reason, we just don’t know why yet but soon enough her …transformation will all make sense. Trust me soon enough.”

"No....i cant tell her....if i do....he will....kill her....and me..... and Why was it Midnight? She never asked to GET mixed up in my operations....it happened because i dragged her into this.....i should have just taken her when we were at the temple....and she probably does care, though Midnight is probably currently throwing those emotions in the bin..."

Crow saw she was making some progress with him.

midnight is a tough odst she knew the risks and accepted them. she knew she could of gotten shot, stabbed, burned or eaten by brutes and accepted that along with your mission. She wanted to help you and to be there for you, for her it probably wasn’t even an option to leave you again. … think about what would happened if we tried to not take her with us? …hmm?

after a short pause she continued

and see you KNOW she does still care..” she pulled him close and whispered “you know it! Don’t even try to lie to yourself like that.”

She stood back at an arms length

you’re her friend, her partner her trench. All we have to do is open that bin. Ill help you talk to her; o.k.”

she was about to ask more about why he had to lie to her but kept her mouth shut wanting to focus on him and midnight right now.

"I know she is tough.....i mean, who l" Sky would stop himself their, not wanting to remember back to that time. He also did not want Crow to find out, the infomation on that mission was not officially on any data base, only two people alive carried it. Sky, and Dashing. They were the only two who had managed to get the info and not die. "How do i know she cares......Only thing she is thinking about is either killing me or proving that she is a better warrior....And if i had been a small amount more ruthless she would be lyign in a pool of blood in the centre of that temple with bullet wounds as well as a knife through the leg. And....of course she had the option to leave, though i didnt let her take it.....I should have...." Sky would say as he started to cry a bit more. "N..no...dont get involved....its to late now....." Sky would say before asking crow a simple but important question. "Am i able to trust you....and do you trust me?"

Crow held back a wince when he cried again. Feeling as if she lost progress. But then he asked her the question.

Crow took a deep breath, she searched her soul for the right answer.

“sky, I’m a Spartan If I can’t be trusted I’m useless. You can count on me for anything. I want you to know that.”

She took another breath and said

Sky you’re an extremely strong. possibly mentally ill Spartan, who has threatened me at least once and I’ve only know for about half a day. all logic from what i know about you indicates i shouldn't

…But for some reason I …really do in fact trust you. Not just because you’re a Spartan but because I can tell your heart is loyal and strong. Your in tears because you are afraid you lost a relationship. If that’s not someone I want to cover me then I don’t know what else.”

Archived