"I...m not ill.....lets just say iv...been through more then a lot of people in the whole UNSC.... including you....and sorry about before.....i just couldnt stand losign her again........" Sky would say as the pelican flew towards the ordered district.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Y..Yeah....its not my fault i cant tell you the truth...The director....Is a name you probably know? Well....he is the one who prevents me from...talking about my past" Sky would say with a sad smile

"S...She wont listen to me.....as far as she is concerned, im the enemy here....." Sky would say before putting his hands on the pelican controls. "She might talk to you...."

Crow leaned back in her chair resting for a second and asked

"sky is there anything you want me to tell her?"

sky was clearly doing better, he either needed therapy or for midnight to forgive him. Crow didn't even know where she would start with midnight.

se remembered her own spartan transformation. the painfull nights of drugs, constant surgerys, the exhaustion. she was going thru all of that right now on top of the mental trauma.

she looked to sky to see if he had anything to say before she would go back there.

Crow stood up and hugged Sky one more time and said

"stay strong, you know she loves you. just hold it up for now."

she let go and walked back into the passenger bay. she heard an odst gasp.

she forgot to put her helmet on.

"yeah, yeah, im an ugly buffalo lady; sorry."

she came up to midnight and looked at her in her armor. she wasn't sure if it was just the boots and gear or if the process made her taller.

Crow wasnt sure what to say but she had to get something out of the way first.

"midnight..." she stepped forward and put her hands on the midnight's shoulders. "i'm sorry i couldn't tell it was you. how does it feel?"

Avery glared at the ODST that had gasped, and they looked down. She was angry of that reaction, sure, they didn't see her face before, but that reaction. She made a mental note to make him do more drills when they got back to base, but there wasn't anything she could do right now. She stood up, planning to talk to Crow when she made a straight to the other Spartan. Avery had no idea what had happened in there, but, it seemed like she managed to hold her own.

Midnight looked up through her helmet when Crow, the Spartan from before, came up to her. What did she want? Congratulate her on being another freak?

She felt herself being extremely pissed. She reached up and grabbed Crow's hand, taking it off her shoulders before standing up. She was still smaller than Crow, but she was taller than last time they'd met.

"Don't touch me again, or i will make sure it's the last thing you do" she growled at the other Spartan "Let me guess, He told you about what he did to me, huh? Going to congratulate me on becoming a freak?" She walked straight up to Crow, helmets almost touching. She might have been smaller, but she felt more powerful by doing it "Feels fan-fuking-tastic. Who knew losing my humanity would be so painless" She said sarcastically.

Avery looked up at the conflict between the Spartans. She'd looked away for about 4 seconds, and it looked like the smaller one was ready to murder Crow. What had happened between them in the space on 4 seconds, and what had happened in the cockpit of the Pelican?!

Crow took a step back and looked at midnight.

She was hoping midnight’s odst brothers would maybe help talk to her, but she apparently not.

Still it went better than she had thought it would.

“I’m not going to claim I know what its like. When it happened to me I was just a little kid. I was basically brainwashed by the training, I was young stupid, and I think I had some kind of learning disability before they began to cut up my brain…. I didn’t fully realize what I was doing. It took a lot longer also I remember being in pain all night not being able to move because my bones were growing faster then there supposed too. With metal wires being the only thing holding my body together.”

Crow shifted her eyes to the side sighing real quick then back to midnight. Trying as best she could to pick her words properly.

look don’t tell him I told you this,” she looked to the odst

nobody speaks of this or else … I’ll …take away …. yyyyyour medical benefits?” she said unsurely as more of a plead than a threat.

“sky said something about getting forced by the "director". He wouldn’t tell me more, he was scarred out of his mind. But you know he loves you more than anything else in the universe. He wouldn’t have done such a major thing without your consent unless it was for the best; midnight he was trying to protect you! I know your mad at him, mad at everything right now but, but you know he wouldn’t of done something like this unless …”

crow figured it out the director had bigger plans for midnight, something bigger than a Spartan, whatever that could be. what it was she didn’t know but she quickly bounced back and finished “unless the alternative was worse. I’m not sure what that is now but, maybe we can figure that out.”

She non chalontly put her arm up and looked like she rested it on the hull but really it was to grab Midnight in case she tried to run up to Sky.

Midnight glared at Crow. Was she meant to believe this? A director made him to this to her? She doubted it, then again, it wouldn't be impossible to theories. But Crow said 1 thing, and Midnight snapped.

But you know he loves you more than anything else in the universe

She couldn't believe what she just heard. He loved her? And yet, let this happen to her?! She felt her arms physically shake in rage, and her arm slipped back, tightly gripping the handle of one of her blades. She'd just kill both of them!

"Protect me! Look at what i am, a freak. I'd of rather of died on that operation table!" She yelled, moving her arm to stab Crow, but she felt someone's hand grab her arm, and didn't budge. Thunder, the giant ODST, stood there stopping Midnight from using her knife. Midnight tried again, and again, Thunder's grip didn't falter.

Midnight used her other hand, reaching for her pistol, where Avery slipped it out of her hand before she had a chance. Midnight turned to Avery, who smirked back at the Spartan.

"105th division, CQB under the bulldog, special set up on the 17th Helljumper division" Avery said simply, and Midnight froze. How, how did that ODST know where she'd gotten her training from perfectly? "I know the handle of that knife, and not many have that kind of training to carry as many knives as you do"

"SO what? You think this changes anything?"

Avery reached up, taking Midnight's helmet off "I do, cause you're not a freak. I know how you feel, Spartan's aren't normal humans. I know where you come from, i'm from 105 too. We've had a rivialry with Spartans for years"

Midnight looked away "Guess i swapped sides"

"No, this director did it. I don't care what power he has, he is going to pay for this" Avery looked to Crow "No one does this to an ODST, ever. If you're going after the one who did this to her, you're taking us with you"

"Delta!" yelled the director into Sky's ear, his own men disabiling Rose's radio jamming "What is with the radio silence? You have orders, now get to your objective. We don't have long till the next phase of the plan"

Thunder let go of Midnight's arm, but she had given up. She get go of her knife, and sat down in the chair silently. She didn't know what to do. She was scared, and she knew what she needed. But, she didn't want to admit it to herself, and she couldn't. Her pride stopped her from admitting it.

Sky would sigh as the director yelled in his ear. Sky would ask rose to relay to him that they would arrive at the AOE in approximitally 5 minutes. Sky would stand up, putting his helmet on to cover his tear stained face, though he would pull it off quickly, dropping it in the front. He no longer cared if they saw his face, they would not recognize or know who he was. That was when he heard the ODST saying that they were part of the 105. Sky would shed a tear as he opened the door and walked in. "ETA.....five minutes......and no one goes after him......he will....slaughter us all....." Sky would say before seeing Midnight. Sky would look away, still feeling like he did not deserve to look at her.....even though he had no choice, sky still felt....responsible for all of this. Sky would walk towards the cargo ramp though he would leave it closed. "We..well rose....its just us now....all our friends now....think i am a monster....they probably blame me....i know she does..." Sky would say to his A.I before sitting down agaisnt the wall. Silent crying could be heard throughout the whole pelican.

Thanks guys” she said

she really had to make sure they got Spartan lazers now! She was used to having people help her, but they saved her life without even needing to do anything. it touched her. but she didn't have the time to find the words to say

MIDNIGHT!” she said trying to stay calm. She knew that if she got mad it would only make her worse

HOW DARE YOU! how dare you say something like that. You would rather leave us all! You would give up on us, the odst, and all of humanity than. … than go thru something like this!

she looked at her bare face

“how could any warrior even think of something so selfish. Where is your fighting spirit.”

to crow one of the worst things a warrior could do was to let yourself die as an easy way out, to abandon them form this earth entirly

It was then that she heard sky, say something to himself. And he began crying aloud.

aww man. I though I was able to get him past crying unaccountably.” She thought

midnight, look at him, he didn’t want this any more than you did. do you really think he wanted this!

She said pointing to sky and knelt down to be eye level with her

“look at you!” she said softly “your still that beutiful, stubborn and fiery little odst that I met in that weird …temple thing. Your still a human now more than ever! no one can give you a sense of humanity other than yourself.”

Avery shook her head when Delta said they weren't going after this Director person. She couldn't agree to that order, he had done something she couldn't forgive and there was only one way it could end, in blood. But, she remained silent. Delta wasn't in the mood for her to talk back to him, not yet. Instead, the ODST watched and waited, hoping the 3 Spartans didn't fight it out.

Midnight felt like someone had slapped her when Crow yelled at her. Listening to the Buffilo, she felt, stupid. Weak, pathetic. Crow was right, she was being pathetic. She looked up at Sky, and felt stupid. Did he mean this? No....he didn't. He knew her, and how much she hated Spartans...He wouldn't have done this to her unless it was the only option...

"I'm going to kill him you know...the person who did, this, to me. This, director person, will die for this" she looked up at Crow, talking quietly to no one else to overhear "I...Thank you Crow. I just....he hates me, doesn't he?"

Sky would stay seated against the wall, his crying still going on. He was talking to his A.I, and for once, he hadnt heard what the group had said. Right now, he felt alone, and that he was hated...like he was. Midnight was right, he was a monster. Thats all he had ever been, i mean, from the moment he joined this program he had become one. Sky would start to wonder, why he had ever even said yes, then he remembered. He had done it in hopes that he would avenge Midnight....appears he did that, though not in the way he had hoped.

Crow let out sigh of relieve and put her hands on her knees squatting down to be eye level with midnight.

Whispering she said

no midnight! You are his whole world! He needs you! More than … anything. You can break and rebuild him with just a single word.”

Crow sighed a and held back her own tears knowing that midnight would be o.k.

“and hey after all that happened .. at least you don’t look like me. … the simple words of “I’m sorry” will make him the happiest living thing to ever be; right now. Midnight, I kind of envy you and the love you two share. He will always be there for you no matter what. Don’t you ever think for a second he hates you.”

Midnight bowed her head at Crow’s words. How could she have been so stupid? She let her emotions control her, anger, hate, all of it, consume her. She was wrong, god she was wrong. She stood up, looking at S..Fox. He probably hated himself, and thought that she did hate him. Not anymore. She slowly started walking to him, trying to think what to say. A million possibilities came to mind, but none of them worked. They all sounded dumb, none of them got the message she wanted it to. She paused behind him. She was scared, probably the most scared she’d ever been in her life. She’d suspected he shared the feelings she had for him, all those years ago…

“F-foxy…” she said quietly, not having the guys, confidence to speak any louder. She felt her lips and throat be completely dry, a shiver run around her body. This scared her any more than any combat scenario she’d been in before. Trap her in a room with brutes anyday, she’d know what to do then, but this stuff, wasn’t her domain.

“I’m….I’m sorry for everything” she said, lowering her head and walking away. He hated her, and couldn’t face him anymore.

Sky would stay sitting their as he heard Midnight say something to him, his name. Sky would just stay there. He didnt deserve to be called that anymore, if she couldnt even forgive him then why should he take pride in his old name? I mean, why should he? Midnight was right, he had turned her into a monster, he had turned her into her worst nightmare, the ones she had always hated. Thats when eh would hear her apologize.

“I’m….I’m sorry for everything”

Sky's head would lift up the moment he heard that, he had been unprepared to say the least. He had never heard her say that out of the blue like that, i mean, she never said sorry like that. In all the time he had known Midnight Sky could not remember many times she had said that, and even less so with her mad at someone like she was sky. Normally, sky would have stayed down here, knowing that it was just a trick, though he had felt the sincerity in her words. Sky would see her walking off, head down. This also confirmed it, she meant what she said. Sky would leap up as he ran over to her.

"Midnight....its ok.... i forgive you"

Midnight kept walking away, half-expecting Fox to think she was joking. She could see how little she had, she'd lost everything now. And the final thing that kept her going. First, it was the lust for revenge, but then it was she could be with him. Now...she had nothing, not even her 'humanity' to show for it. She reached onto her belt, and paused. Foxy hadn't moved yet, and she tightened the grip on her knife..

She closed her eyes, and fought back the tears. Foxy truly hated her, and if so, then she had nothing. Nothing driving her to fight, to survive. And if she had nothing to live for....

That's when she heard Foxy forgive her. She loosened the grip of her knife, standing still. She turned to face Fox, wiping away the tear on her eye.

"D-do you..really? How...How can you forgive me, a-after i tried to kill you...I..I hated you when i was being tortured, i-i thought you were the reason behind it....How can you forgive me, knowing what i did to help the covernment?"

Sky would walk so that he was standing right in front of her, he could tell that the operation had made her taller, though she was still a bit smaller then him.

"You tried to kill me because you didnt know who i was, and at the time the Covey had you tricked to believe that they were the good guys. With your torture, i am goign to help you find who was truly responsible. If it was the UNSC, they will pay, if it was the coveys, they will pay as well. And i can forgive you because you have already had chances to backstab be, attempt to take me out again though you have not taken them" Sky would explain, his voice soft and calm.

Crow laid watched them talk. It looked like they were both getting stable again

She slumped down on the floor and leaned against the seat somewhat exhausted from the whole ordeal.

they were both doing SO much better now, but still had a lot to talk about.

She stood up and walked over to her helmet putting it on and walking to the center of the pelican. She looked to Avery to see if she had anything to say and began coming up with a plan for this “director guy” the most simple of which was simply have sky get his attention then follow him and shoot him on the toilet or when his guard was down.

the more complicated of which involved staging the hospital and planting dead elites making it look like a assination.

Midnight saw Foxy in front of her, finally looking up at his face.

"I...I just, I knew they weren't the good guys. B-but, I wanted revenge. A-against you, against humans..I-i hated you. My desire to kill you drove me to survive, and now...I-I just, feel, dumb"

Avery waited until the fight tension left. It looked like the Spartans had managed to calm down, and so she walked over to Crow who had sat down. She was impressed by the Spartan. Despite claiming not to be good with her words, she'd pulled off something very impressive. She sat down next to Crow.

"That was impressive. Looks like you didn't need my help after all Crow. But what I said before still stands. This director will have to die, and I don't care if you Spartans are joining in or not"

"Titan has it's mission, and we're going to follow it through. No one harms an ODST and gets away with it under our watch" growled Thunder. The giant ODST still had his helmet on, but it wasn't hard to know he was pissed.

Sky would put a hand on Midnights shoulder as he used his other hand to take his helmet off.

"Well, even if you wanted revenge i understand it. You blamed me for what happened their, and so far, iv blamed myself for everything, and i still do. I was responsible for Storms death, for all your deaths, though the one thing that drove me to keep fighting was you. I knew you would never have forgiven me if i had layed down my arms and gone home, not after everything they did to humanity"

Crow leaned back against the wall and said

"thanks. that means a lot to me. so right now i'm hoping dealing with this director guy is simple. we can use buracracy to our advantage. bring this forward state that he sent a medically unready force to combat, which can get even the highest Commanding officer fired. and have someone like lord hood handle it whlle we smoke it up somewhere relaxing. ... i'm thinking dsm-4 that place would of been so nice if the covies wern't bombing it."

Midnight sighed. He was right, she'd of never forgiven him if he had given up.

"I-i know, just...I..." she started speaking "Well, i guess it's all over now isn't it?"

Avery listened to Crow's plan to use politics to beat the director.

"Crow, i can't do that. He must die for this, or Titan will die trying. I can't forgive him for what he's done, it's immoral. I don't care what it takes or if i get court-marshaled for it. Titan is going after this director"

"Delta! What the hel1 is going on? I gave you an order! You are to proceed with the testing of the new Spartan, or i call your unit in and have you all exercuted. You have 1 minute!" yelled the Director into his radio, before throwing in away. Delta was proving more difficult to handle then he had anticipated. Perhaps, in order to maintain control, he would be forced to pull her into his labs and use her as a hostage.

Archived